Sandals buys Four Seasons Bahamas hotel in Emerald Bay
Sandals Resorts International recently announced the purchase of the recently-closed Four Seasons Resort Great Exuma at Emerald Bay. The hotel group plans to add a new pool complex and additional dining establishments before reopening in January 2010
The famous adults-only Sandals Group recently announced the purchase of a prestigious Bahamas hotel, the Four Seasons Resort Great Exuma Bay at Emerald Bay, which had remained closed down for months since 26th May, 2009.
The property, which will be Sandals’ 14th resort in the Caribbean and its third in the Bahamas, is set along a one-mile stretch of white sand beach on Emerald Bay, featuring a championship Greg Norman golf course and world-class marina. Following certain enhancements and additions customary to the Sandals Resorts brand, the resort will be re-opening on 22nd January 2010 under the new name of Sandals Emerald Bay.
Travellers looking for a luxurious and extravagant Bahamas holiday certainly shouldn’t look much further than this extraordinary resort. This lavish 500-acre property of a Bahamas hotel and resort was already a dream come true under the Four Seasons management, with its 190 “magnificently appointed” sea-facing suites set on a breathtaking deserted portion of the bay. And now under Sandals new management the paradise is set to become even more perfect with the planned additions of a new expansive pool complex and more gourmet dining restaurants.
Gordon “Butch” Stewart, Sandals Resorts founder and chairman declared: “This is a remarkable moment in the history of Sandals Resorts,”
“We are acquiring one of the most spectacular pieces of real estate in the Caribbean, which was operated by one of the world’s most highly regarded hotel companies. This is a reflection of all that Sandals Resorts has accomplished and a tremendous opportunity to further demonstrate our commitment to providing the very best vacation in the Caribbean. We look forward to bringing our Luxury Included® experience to this special property, which has been kept to impeccable standards.”
The new Sandals Emerald Bay Bahamas hotel will be an all-suite resort with styles that range from beachfront villas to charming bay house settings, all ocean-front, all extremely spacious and all serviced by highly trained butlers, recruited by Sandals Resorts through the company’s exclusive partnership with the Guild of Professional English Butlers.
This will be Sandals’ first ever resort to include a fully protected stand-alone marina which is currently open to the public and also features a welcoming clubhouse with a full service restaurant including al fresco dining on a panoramic wraparound terrace, pool, and a world class Red Lane Spa. The Emerald Bay Marina by Sandals will offer 133 slips and is fully equipped to accommodate and service yachts up to 300 feet in length.
For romantic escapades or overindulgent Bahamas holidays, the new Sandals Emerald Bay will be a 5* All-Inclusive deluxe resort incorporating a tennis centre, a marina, a spa, a championship golf course and a total of six new gourmet restaurants.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
A resort where there is something for everyone
- FAMILY PACKAGES for a family of 2 adults & 2 kids below 12
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- up to 2 children eat and stay for free
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
A couples' dream, located between a lush green tropical jungle and a beautiful sandy beach ensures total relaxation
- Enjoy huge savings on this amazing hotel including 'Live It Up' for travel in 2018 slashing higher room category prices
- The Sip, Savor & See Dining Experience includes complimentary dinner, drinks and entertainment at a restaurant or bar at a participating resort of their choice
- Guestrooms and Suites provide a wealth of amenities including a daily refreshed mini bar, 24 hour room and concierge services, a large TV and much more
- The resort has a great location next to a pristine golden sand beach and lush tropical jungle
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...