Sandals buys Four Seasons Bahamas hotel in Emerald Bay
Sandals Resorts International recently announced the purchase of the recently-closed Four Seasons Resort Great Exuma at Emerald Bay. The hotel group plans to add a new pool complex and additional dining establishments before reopening in January 2010
The famous adults-only Sandals Group recently announced the purchase of a prestigious Bahamas hotel, the Four Seasons Resort Great Exuma Bay at Emerald Bay, which had remained closed down for months since 26th May, 2009.
The property, which will be Sandals’ 14th resort in the Caribbean and its third in the Bahamas, is set along a one-mile stretch of white sand beach on Emerald Bay, featuring a championship Greg Norman golf course and world-class marina. Following certain enhancements and additions customary to the Sandals Resorts brand, the resort will be re-opening on 22nd January 2010 under the new name of Sandals Emerald Bay.
Travellers looking for a luxurious and extravagant Bahamas holiday certainly shouldn’t look much further than this extraordinary resort. This lavish 500-acre property of a Bahamas hotel and resort was already a dream come true under the Four Seasons management, with its 190 “magnificently appointed” sea-facing suites set on a breathtaking deserted portion of the bay. And now under Sandals new management the paradise is set to become even more perfect with the planned additions of a new expansive pool complex and more gourmet dining restaurants.
Gordon “Butch” Stewart, Sandals Resorts founder and chairman declared: “This is a remarkable moment in the history of Sandals Resorts,”
“We are acquiring one of the most spectacular pieces of real estate in the Caribbean, which was operated by one of the world’s most highly regarded hotel companies. This is a reflection of all that Sandals Resorts has accomplished and a tremendous opportunity to further demonstrate our commitment to providing the very best vacation in the Caribbean. We look forward to bringing our Luxury Included® experience to this special property, which has been kept to impeccable standards.”
The new Sandals Emerald Bay Bahamas hotel will be an all-suite resort with styles that range from beachfront villas to charming bay house settings, all ocean-front, all extremely spacious and all serviced by highly trained butlers, recruited by Sandals Resorts through the company’s exclusive partnership with the Guild of Professional English Butlers.
This will be Sandals’ first ever resort to include a fully protected stand-alone marina which is currently open to the public and also features a welcoming clubhouse with a full service restaurant including al fresco dining on a panoramic wraparound terrace, pool, and a world class Red Lane Spa. The Emerald Bay Marina by Sandals will offer 133 slips and is fully equipped to accommodate and service yachts up to 300 feet in length.
For romantic escapades or overindulgent Bahamas holidays, the new Sandals Emerald Bay will be a 5* All-Inclusive deluxe resort incorporating a tennis centre, a marina, a spa, a championship golf course and a total of six new gourmet restaurants.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Free upgrade to half board on selected dates and two children stay free when sharing with parents
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal in Agra, experience a feast to remember with a traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- An English-Speaking local Guide will take you around the sightseeing & excursion tours as per the itinerary
While staying at the hotel you will be able to enjoy Unlimited-Luxury sure to make your Dominican Republic holiday one to never forget
- Five swimming pools including an infinity pool, a children’s pool, a salt water pool and two private Preferred Club pools
- Adults at Now Onyx have full access to Breathless Punta Cana next door including a casino, the After Dark nightclub, the relax Spa by Pevonia®, a fitness center and 20 additional dining and bar options
- All ground floor suites are swim up suites offering access to a pool directly from their terrace
Explore the area and enjoy an easy access to all attractions around Falmouth
- Fully equipped fitness centre, watersport activities, tennis court, golf and themed dining evenings to enjoy
- Within 30 minutes by car from Montego Bay International airport and downtown Montego
- Complimentary Wi-fi throughout the hotel
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Located by the picturesque St. Paul's Bay, Porto Azzurro Hotel is only 10 minutes away from Malta's main sandy beaches...
Located on the Atlantic coast at the mouth of the Souss Valley, Agadir is Morocco’s slice of coastal cool....
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...