Sandals buys Four Seasons Bahamas hotel in Emerald Bay
Sandals Resorts International recently announced the purchase of the recently-closed Four Seasons Resort Great Exuma at Emerald Bay. The hotel group plans to add a new pool complex and additional dining establishments before reopening in January 2010
The famous adults-only Sandals Group recently announced the purchase of a prestigious Bahamas hotel, the Four Seasons Resort Great Exuma Bay at Emerald Bay, which had remained closed down for months since 26th May, 2009.
The property, which will be Sandals’ 14th resort in the Caribbean and its third in the Bahamas, is set along a one-mile stretch of white sand beach on Emerald Bay, featuring a championship Greg Norman golf course and world-class marina. Following certain enhancements and additions customary to the Sandals Resorts brand, the resort will be re-opening on 22nd January 2010 under the new name of Sandals Emerald Bay.
Travellers looking for a luxurious and extravagant Bahamas holiday certainly shouldn’t look much further than this extraordinary resort. This lavish 500-acre property of a Bahamas hotel and resort was already a dream come true under the Four Seasons management, with its 190 “magnificently appointed” sea-facing suites set on a breathtaking deserted portion of the bay. And now under Sandals new management the paradise is set to become even more perfect with the planned additions of a new expansive pool complex and more gourmet dining restaurants.
Gordon “Butch” Stewart, Sandals Resorts founder and chairman declared: “This is a remarkable moment in the history of Sandals Resorts,”
“We are acquiring one of the most spectacular pieces of real estate in the Caribbean, which was operated by one of the world’s most highly regarded hotel companies. This is a reflection of all that Sandals Resorts has accomplished and a tremendous opportunity to further demonstrate our commitment to providing the very best vacation in the Caribbean. We look forward to bringing our Luxury Included® experience to this special property, which has been kept to impeccable standards.”
The new Sandals Emerald Bay Bahamas hotel will be an all-suite resort with styles that range from beachfront villas to charming bay house settings, all ocean-front, all extremely spacious and all serviced by highly trained butlers, recruited by Sandals Resorts through the company’s exclusive partnership with the Guild of Professional English Butlers.
This will be Sandals’ first ever resort to include a fully protected stand-alone marina which is currently open to the public and also features a welcoming clubhouse with a full service restaurant including al fresco dining on a panoramic wraparound terrace, pool, and a world class Red Lane Spa. The Emerald Bay Marina by Sandals will offer 133 slips and is fully equipped to accommodate and service yachts up to 300 feet in length.
For romantic escapades or overindulgent Bahamas holidays, the new Sandals Emerald Bay will be a 5* All-Inclusive deluxe resort incorporating a tennis centre, a marina, a spa, a championship golf course and a total of six new gourmet restaurants.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 08th Feb
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Use up to $2500 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Incredible January exclusive - Receive a free upgrade to the next room type when booking with The Holiday Place
- Don't miss out on this incredible offer Kids 17 and under stay, play and eat free
- The Illusionists are appearing at the resort from 22nd December - 3rd Jan & The amazing Backstreet Boys are appearing on the 29th December*
- Awesome resort credits with up to $2500 to spend on spa treatments, dolphin swims, access to the Wet 'N' Wild waterpark and much more
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
A warm welcome awaits you behind the striking geometric façade of Holiday Inn Express Dubai-Jumeirah, 20 minutes by taxi...
Experience luxurious accommodations, modern business and leisure amenities and an ideal location in the heart of Abu...