Sandals buys Four Seasons Bahamas hotel in Emerald Bay
Sandals Resorts International recently announced the purchase of the recently-closed Four Seasons Resort Great Exuma at Emerald Bay. The hotel group plans to add a new pool complex and additional dining establishments before reopening in January 2010
The famous adults-only Sandals Group recently announced the purchase of a prestigious Bahamas hotel, the Four Seasons Resort Great Exuma Bay at Emerald Bay, which had remained closed down for months since 26th May, 2009.
The property, which will be Sandals’ 14th resort in the Caribbean and its third in the Bahamas, is set along a one-mile stretch of white sand beach on Emerald Bay, featuring a championship Greg Norman golf course and world-class marina. Following certain enhancements and additions customary to the Sandals Resorts brand, the resort will be re-opening on 22nd January 2010 under the new name of Sandals Emerald Bay.
Travellers looking for a luxurious and extravagant Bahamas holiday certainly shouldn’t look much further than this extraordinary resort. This lavish 500-acre property of a Bahamas hotel and resort was already a dream come true under the Four Seasons management, with its 190 “magnificently appointed” sea-facing suites set on a breathtaking deserted portion of the bay. And now under Sandals new management the paradise is set to become even more perfect with the planned additions of a new expansive pool complex and more gourmet dining restaurants.
Gordon “Butch” Stewart, Sandals Resorts founder and chairman declared: “This is a remarkable moment in the history of Sandals Resorts,”
“We are acquiring one of the most spectacular pieces of real estate in the Caribbean, which was operated by one of the world’s most highly regarded hotel companies. This is a reflection of all that Sandals Resorts has accomplished and a tremendous opportunity to further demonstrate our commitment to providing the very best vacation in the Caribbean. We look forward to bringing our Luxury Included® experience to this special property, which has been kept to impeccable standards.”
The new Sandals Emerald Bay Bahamas hotel will be an all-suite resort with styles that range from beachfront villas to charming bay house settings, all ocean-front, all extremely spacious and all serviced by highly trained butlers, recruited by Sandals Resorts through the company’s exclusive partnership with the Guild of Professional English Butlers.
This will be Sandals’ first ever resort to include a fully protected stand-alone marina which is currently open to the public and also features a welcoming clubhouse with a full service restaurant including al fresco dining on a panoramic wraparound terrace, pool, and a world class Red Lane Spa. The Emerald Bay Marina by Sandals will offer 133 slips and is fully equipped to accommodate and service yachts up to 300 feet in length.
For romantic escapades or overindulgent Bahamas holidays, the new Sandals Emerald Bay will be a 5* All-Inclusive deluxe resort incorporating a tennis centre, a marina, a spa, a championship golf course and a total of six new gourmet restaurants.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget,why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 5 glorious Swimming Pools
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits including a room upgrade to make your holiday extra special
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Fairmont Ajman is surrounded by stunning white sandy beaches and year round sunshine, just 30 minutes from the bustling...