Emirates Launches Special Ramadan In-Flight Service
In order to support the sanctity of Ramadan, Emirates has taken a number of critical steps to ensure that all fasting passengers are well taken care of during their flights. This includes adjustments to the food service to be offered at dusk
With the fasting passengers in mind, now that the holy month of Ramadan is truly underway, Emirates has devised a new plan to protect its fasting passengers and ensure they’re well taken care of throughout the duration of their flight.
A number of new measures have been taken and various enhancements have been made to the award-winning airline to better cater for religious passengers, all in line with the core values of this important religious occasion. Whether you’re off on a Dubai holiday or an Abu Dhabi getaway or going anywhere else in the Middle East, Ramadan fasting can be as smooth as velvet with Emirates’ new in-flight food plan.
For those flights that depart close to Iftar, Emirates will provide small snack boxes at the boarding gates of Dubai International Airport, Terminal 3. The snack boxes, containing baklawa, dates, a laban drink and water will serve as a quick snack so that passengers can break their fast immediately before a larger meal is served. Passengers who are in-flight when the sun sets will be informed by the captain that it is now time for Iftar. Sunset time will be determined based on where the aircraft is located at the time the sun goes down.
Large, specially prepared Iftar meal boxes will be served to fasting passengers aboard and will contain an assortment of traditional Arabic delicacies including; a hot chicken shawarma, crudités, Arabic bread, pistachio maamoul, a banana, dates, water and a laban drink. The special meal box, designed by Emirates’ chefs, will be served in Economy class, with a very similar selection of foods served to fasting passengers in both Business and First Class.
“Although a proudly multicultural company, Emirates’ foundations are rooted in Islamic culture and we are committed to ensuring that our Muslim passengers are fully satisfied with the service they receive during the holy month of Ramadan.” said Ahmed Khoory, Emirates’ Senior Vice President Commercial Operations, Gulf, Middle East and Iran.
“For Muslims, Ramadan is an important part of the Islamic calendar and Emirates is pleased to be able to support our passengers as they undertake their religious duty.”
Non-fasting passengers away on a Dubai holiday need not fear, as Emirates will continue to serve them the world-class meals the airline is known globally for.
Non-fasting passengers travelling on Umrah and Jeddah flights will receive a cold meal instead of the regular hot meal for all flights taking off after sunrise and before sundown, to show respect to the many Muslim passengers completing Umrah on these flights.
Emirates would like to wish all their Muslim passengers Ramadan Kareem.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Fun and relaxation for all the family - there's something for everyone at Laguna Beach, come and discover it for yourself.
- Romantic boutique hotel at the beautiful Fisherman's Cove
- Winner of TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence for three years in a row
- Complimentary watersport like glass bottom boat, windsurfing, kayaks, snorkeling and more
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The 4* Ramada Deira hotel boasts comfortable, modern and grand interiors and facilities, as well as easy access to the...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...