Emirates Launches Special Ramadan In-Flight Service
In order to support the sanctity of Ramadan, Emirates has taken a number of critical steps to ensure that all fasting passengers are well taken care of during their flights. This includes adjustments to the food service to be offered at dusk
With the fasting passengers in mind, now that the holy month of Ramadan is truly underway, Emirates has devised a new plan to protect its fasting passengers and ensure they’re well taken care of throughout the duration of their flight.
A number of new measures have been taken and various enhancements have been made to the award-winning airline to better cater for religious passengers, all in line with the core values of this important religious occasion. Whether you’re off on a Dubai holiday or an Abu Dhabi getaway or going anywhere else in the Middle East, Ramadan fasting can be as smooth as velvet with Emirates’ new in-flight food plan.
For those flights that depart close to Iftar, Emirates will provide small snack boxes at the boarding gates of Dubai International Airport, Terminal 3. The snack boxes, containing baklawa, dates, a laban drink and water will serve as a quick snack so that passengers can break their fast immediately before a larger meal is served. Passengers who are in-flight when the sun sets will be informed by the captain that it is now time for Iftar. Sunset time will be determined based on where the aircraft is located at the time the sun goes down.
Large, specially prepared Iftar meal boxes will be served to fasting passengers aboard and will contain an assortment of traditional Arabic delicacies including; a hot chicken shawarma, crudités, Arabic bread, pistachio maamoul, a banana, dates, water and a laban drink. The special meal box, designed by Emirates’ chefs, will be served in Economy class, with a very similar selection of foods served to fasting passengers in both Business and First Class.
“Although a proudly multicultural company, Emirates’ foundations are rooted in Islamic culture and we are committed to ensuring that our Muslim passengers are fully satisfied with the service they receive during the holy month of Ramadan.” said Ahmed Khoory, Emirates’ Senior Vice President Commercial Operations, Gulf, Middle East and Iran.
“For Muslims, Ramadan is an important part of the Islamic calendar and Emirates is pleased to be able to support our passengers as they undertake their religious duty.”
Non-fasting passengers away on a Dubai holiday need not fear, as Emirates will continue to serve them the world-class meals the airline is known globally for.
Non-fasting passengers travelling on Umrah and Jeddah flights will receive a cold meal instead of the regular hot meal for all flights taking off after sunrise and before sundown, to show respect to the many Muslim passengers completing Umrah on these flights.
Emirates would like to wish all their Muslim passengers Ramadan Kareem.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
A couples' dream, located between a lush green tropical jungle and a beautiful sandy beach ensures total relaxation
- Enjoy huge savings on this amazing hotel including 'Live It Up' for travel in 2018 slashing higher room category prices
- The Sip, Savor & See Dining Experience includes complimentary dinner, drinks and entertainment at a restaurant or bar at a participating resort of their choice
- Guestrooms and Suites provide a wealth of amenities including a daily refreshed mini bar, 24 hour room and concierge services, a large TV and much more
- The resort has a great location next to a pristine golden sand beach and lush tropical jungle
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
- Enjoy a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...