Emirates Launches Special Ramadan In-Flight Service
In order to support the sanctity of Ramadan, Emirates has taken a number of critical steps to ensure that all fasting passengers are well taken care of during their flights. This includes adjustments to the food service to be offered at dusk
With the fasting passengers in mind, now that the holy month of Ramadan is truly underway, Emirates has devised a new plan to protect its fasting passengers and ensure they’re well taken care of throughout the duration of their flight.
A number of new measures have been taken and various enhancements have been made to the award-winning airline to better cater for religious passengers, all in line with the core values of this important religious occasion. Whether you’re off on a Dubai holiday or an Abu Dhabi getaway or going anywhere else in the Middle East, Ramadan fasting can be as smooth as velvet with Emirates’ new in-flight food plan.
For those flights that depart close to Iftar, Emirates will provide small snack boxes at the boarding gates of Dubai International Airport, Terminal 3. The snack boxes, containing baklawa, dates, a laban drink and water will serve as a quick snack so that passengers can break their fast immediately before a larger meal is served. Passengers who are in-flight when the sun sets will be informed by the captain that it is now time for Iftar. Sunset time will be determined based on where the aircraft is located at the time the sun goes down.
Large, specially prepared Iftar meal boxes will be served to fasting passengers aboard and will contain an assortment of traditional Arabic delicacies including; a hot chicken shawarma, crudités, Arabic bread, pistachio maamoul, a banana, dates, water and a laban drink. The special meal box, designed by Emirates’ chefs, will be served in Economy class, with a very similar selection of foods served to fasting passengers in both Business and First Class.
“Although a proudly multicultural company, Emirates’ foundations are rooted in Islamic culture and we are committed to ensuring that our Muslim passengers are fully satisfied with the service they receive during the holy month of Ramadan.” said Ahmed Khoory, Emirates’ Senior Vice President Commercial Operations, Gulf, Middle East and Iran.
“For Muslims, Ramadan is an important part of the Islamic calendar and Emirates is pleased to be able to support our passengers as they undertake their religious duty.”
Non-fasting passengers away on a Dubai holiday need not fear, as Emirates will continue to serve them the world-class meals the airline is known globally for.
Non-fasting passengers travelling on Umrah and Jeddah flights will receive a cold meal instead of the regular hot meal for all flights taking off after sunrise and before sundown, to show respect to the many Muslim passengers completing Umrah on these flights.
Emirates would like to wish all their Muslim passengers Ramadan Kareem.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
For an amazing price, you can experience a tropical paradise where everything is included - Ambre Resort offers affordable luxury for all to enjoy
- Make the most of glass-bottomed boat trips, kayaking, snorkelling and green fees at the nearby Ile aux Cerfs Golf Club
- Enjoy a selection of restaurants and Bars inlcuding a swim-up bar
- Ambre resort has stunning views of the Indian Ocean and boasts a 750-metre long white natural beach
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Discreet and unpretentious, yet charming and welcoming, Hotel Phebus enjoys a quiet location at the heart of La Marsa -...