Emirates Launches Special Ramadan In-Flight Service
In order to support the sanctity of Ramadan, Emirates has taken a number of critical steps to ensure that all fasting passengers are well taken care of during their flights. This includes adjustments to the food service to be offered at dusk
With the fasting passengers in mind, now that the holy month of Ramadan is truly underway, Emirates has devised a new plan to protect its fasting passengers and ensure they’re well taken care of throughout the duration of their flight.
A number of new measures have been taken and various enhancements have been made to the award-winning airline to better cater for religious passengers, all in line with the core values of this important religious occasion. Whether you’re off on a Dubai holiday or an Abu Dhabi getaway or going anywhere else in the Middle East, Ramadan fasting can be as smooth as velvet with Emirates’ new in-flight food plan.
For those flights that depart close to Iftar, Emirates will provide small snack boxes at the boarding gates of Dubai International Airport, Terminal 3. The snack boxes, containing baklawa, dates, a laban drink and water will serve as a quick snack so that passengers can break their fast immediately before a larger meal is served. Passengers who are in-flight when the sun sets will be informed by the captain that it is now time for Iftar. Sunset time will be determined based on where the aircraft is located at the time the sun goes down.
Large, specially prepared Iftar meal boxes will be served to fasting passengers aboard and will contain an assortment of traditional Arabic delicacies including; a hot chicken shawarma, crudités, Arabic bread, pistachio maamoul, a banana, dates, water and a laban drink. The special meal box, designed by Emirates’ chefs, will be served in Economy class, with a very similar selection of foods served to fasting passengers in both Business and First Class.
“Although a proudly multicultural company, Emirates’ foundations are rooted in Islamic culture and we are committed to ensuring that our Muslim passengers are fully satisfied with the service they receive during the holy month of Ramadan.” said Ahmed Khoory, Emirates’ Senior Vice President Commercial Operations, Gulf, Middle East and Iran.
“For Muslims, Ramadan is an important part of the Islamic calendar and Emirates is pleased to be able to support our passengers as they undertake their religious duty.”
Non-fasting passengers away on a Dubai holiday need not fear, as Emirates will continue to serve them the world-class meals the airline is known globally for.
Non-fasting passengers travelling on Umrah and Jeddah flights will receive a cold meal instead of the regular hot meal for all flights taking off after sunrise and before sundown, to show respect to the many Muslim passengers completing Umrah on these flights.
Emirates would like to wish all their Muslim passengers Ramadan Kareem.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Enjoy a taste of Thailand with a complimentary cooking class
- Relaxing location close to the beach
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget,why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 5 glorious Swimming Pools
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Enjoy Unlimited-Luxury and make the most of the stunning secluded setting at Bavaro beach
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Younger guests get to have limitless fun at the Explorer's Kids Club and the Core Zone Teens' Club.
- Enjoy a host of activities, including tennis, basketball, volleyball, bowling, golf, Horse riding, fishing, aerobics, dance classes, water sports.
- Be dined and wined at a selection of no less than nine restaurants.
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Rove City Centre is one of Dubai's newest hotels, offering a year-round outdoor pool and fitness centre. Conveniently...
A modern, stylish and affordable Abu Dhabi hotel conveniently located in within easy access to the Abu Dhabi Airport as...