Refurbishment of Dubai hotel Jebel Ali is Announced
Refurbishment on Dubai hotel Jebel Ali has recently begun. At this legendary hotel that was Dubai's pioneering resort, work is being carried out to restore and renovate rooms, restaurants and meeting facilities
The legendary Jebel Ali; the first of Dubai hotels to become a resort, is now undergoing a major makeover transformation as construction progress begins on the site. With this total refurbishment the old Dubai hotel plans to revamp and update its image, renovate its rooms, restaurants and meeting facilities. While the already existing structure and frame of the building will be left untouched, almost everything else is being stripped down to basics and redone to reflect a fresher contemporary design.
David Thomson, General Manager of Jebel Ali Golf Resort & Spa expressed his enthusiasm on the renovation project: “We are extremely excited about this project and look forward to an impressive outcome. The refurbishment is great news for our repeat loyal guests and we’re sure the new rooms will also attract new guests which would like to experience Jebel Ali Hotel’s great value for money and access to the vast resort facilities”
Originally opened in 1981, Jebel Ali was the first Dubai hotel to be built on the beach resort now known as Jebel Ali resort & Spa. Over the years and with the increasing popularity of Dubai as premium holiday destination, the resort facilities gradually expanded to include the addition of horse riding stables and a private marina, as well as the Jebel Ali Shooting Club, opened in 1995 and later becoming the host of the World Shotgun Championships.
The Jebel Ali hotel in Dubai then became part of the Jebel Ali Golf Resort & Spa which came to include the development of the only 9-hole course to have been played by the world’s greatest golfers in 1998. The legendary pioneer Dubai hotel, then went on to add a second sister hotel to the resort, the Palm Tree Court which features luxury suites and junior suites only and also opened the same year a world class spa was added in 2003. Later on, by 2005 two state-of-the-art football pitches were created and added to the sporting facilities of the Jebel Ali International Centre of Excellecnce, rapidly becoming the preferred warm weather training spot for many top European clubs.
But this magnificent resort had no plans on slowing down its growth and by 2007 it had environmental and ecological projects. This exceptional Dubai hotel further expanded its facilities when it commissioned a Bio Garden as an environmental experiment to grow its own fresh quality produce and help reduce the resort’s carbon footprint. The first and only of Dubai hotels to feature its own Bio Garden, the experiment had started off with an area of just 120sqm and is now over 100sqm, resulting in the resort being self-sufficient for all its herbal requirements and growing a fair amount of vegetables.
Now in 2009, the famed Dubai hotel and adjacent Jebel Ali resort’s latest offering is a dive centred operated by Al Boom .
And finally, coming in 2010 the Jebel Ali hotel will have a hot new look as the hotel undergoes dramatic cosmetic changes as well as receiving an updated improvement of its facilities.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Discover Be Live Collection Punta Cana's pristine white beaches, swaying palms and pulsating Latin vibe
Enjoy a fabulous holiday by the sparkling turquoise beaches of Punta Cana where you'll find endless fun as well as plenty of relaxing options
- Great facilities for all the family plus children stay for half the price
- Enjoy unlimited access to a fantastic beach that's perfect for snorkelling
- Enjoy 24-Hour All-Inclusive Service
A resort where there is something for everyone
- FAMILY PACKAGES for a family of 2 adults & 2 kids below 12
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- up to 2 children eat and stay for free
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Experience luxurious accommodations, modern business and leisure amenities and an ideal location in the heart of Abu...