Refurbishment of Dubai hotel Jebel Ali is Announced
Refurbishment on Dubai hotel Jebel Ali has recently begun. At this legendary hotel that was Dubai's pioneering resort, work is being carried out to restore and renovate rooms, restaurants and meeting facilities
The legendary Jebel Ali; the first of Dubai hotels to become a resort, is now undergoing a major makeover transformation as construction progress begins on the site. With this total refurbishment the old Dubai hotel plans to revamp and update its image, renovate its rooms, restaurants and meeting facilities. While the already existing structure and frame of the building will be left untouched, almost everything else is being stripped down to basics and redone to reflect a fresher contemporary design.
David Thomson, General Manager of Jebel Ali Golf Resort & Spa expressed his enthusiasm on the renovation project: “We are extremely excited about this project and look forward to an impressive outcome. The refurbishment is great news for our repeat loyal guests and we’re sure the new rooms will also attract new guests which would like to experience Jebel Ali Hotel’s great value for money and access to the vast resort facilities”
Originally opened in 1981, Jebel Ali was the first Dubai hotel to be built on the beach resort now known as Jebel Ali resort & Spa. Over the years and with the increasing popularity of Dubai as premium holiday destination, the resort facilities gradually expanded to include the addition of horse riding stables and a private marina, as well as the Jebel Ali Shooting Club, opened in 1995 and later becoming the host of the World Shotgun Championships.
The Jebel Ali hotel in Dubai then became part of the Jebel Ali Golf Resort & Spa which came to include the development of the only 9-hole course to have been played by the world’s greatest golfers in 1998. The legendary pioneer Dubai hotel, then went on to add a second sister hotel to the resort, the Palm Tree Court which features luxury suites and junior suites only and also opened the same year a world class spa was added in 2003. Later on, by 2005 two state-of-the-art football pitches were created and added to the sporting facilities of the Jebel Ali International Centre of Excellecnce, rapidly becoming the preferred warm weather training spot for many top European clubs.
But this magnificent resort had no plans on slowing down its growth and by 2007 it had environmental and ecological projects. This exceptional Dubai hotel further expanded its facilities when it commissioned a Bio Garden as an environmental experiment to grow its own fresh quality produce and help reduce the resort’s carbon footprint. The first and only of Dubai hotels to feature its own Bio Garden, the experiment had started off with an area of just 120sqm and is now over 100sqm, resulting in the resort being self-sufficient for all its herbal requirements and growing a fair amount of vegetables.
Now in 2009, the famed Dubai hotel and adjacent Jebel Ali resort’s latest offering is a dive centred operated by Al Boom .
And finally, coming in 2010 the Jebel Ali hotel will have a hot new look as the hotel undergoes dramatic cosmetic changes as well as receiving an updated improvement of its facilities.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Free upgrade to half board on selected dates and two children stay free when sharing with parents
While staying at the hotel you will be able to enjoy Unlimited-Luxury sure to make your Dominican Republic holiday one to never forget
- Five swimming pools including an infinity pool, a children’s pool, a salt water pool and two private Preferred Club pools
- Adults at Now Onyx have full access to Breathless Punta Cana next door including a casino, the After Dark nightclub, the relax Spa by Pevonia®, a fitness center and 20 additional dining and bar options
- All ground floor suites are swim up suites offering access to a pool directly from their terrace
Stretching along a blessed mile of powdery soft sands, this all-inclusive resort is the perfect place for endless family fun.
- The Kids Club has an outdoor playground and kids-only pool while the Teen Centre for over 13s offers a great variety of fun activities
- Enjoy a FREE glass bottom boat trip, island jeep safari and island coach tour
- Fantastic location 30 minutes to Bridgetown, 5 minutes to Speightstown and 15 minutes to Holetown, there is plenty to explore around the Almond Beach Resort
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Located by the picturesque St. Paul's Bay, Porto Azzurro Hotel is only 10 minutes away from Malta's main sandy beaches...
Located on the Atlantic coast at the mouth of the Souss Valley, Agadir is Morocco’s slice of coastal cool....
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...