Refurbishment of Dubai hotel Jebel Ali is Announced
Refurbishment on Dubai hotel Jebel Ali has recently begun. At this legendary hotel that was Dubai's pioneering resort, work is being carried out to restore and renovate rooms, restaurants and meeting facilities
The legendary Jebel Ali; the first of Dubai hotels to become a resort, is now undergoing a major makeover transformation as construction progress begins on the site. With this total refurbishment the old Dubai hotel plans to revamp and update its image, renovate its rooms, restaurants and meeting facilities. While the already existing structure and frame of the building will be left untouched, almost everything else is being stripped down to basics and redone to reflect a fresher contemporary design.
David Thomson, General Manager of Jebel Ali Golf Resort & Spa expressed his enthusiasm on the renovation project: “We are extremely excited about this project and look forward to an impressive outcome. The refurbishment is great news for our repeat loyal guests and we’re sure the new rooms will also attract new guests which would like to experience Jebel Ali Hotel’s great value for money and access to the vast resort facilities”
Originally opened in 1981, Jebel Ali was the first Dubai hotel to be built on the beach resort now known as Jebel Ali resort & Spa. Over the years and with the increasing popularity of Dubai as premium holiday destination, the resort facilities gradually expanded to include the addition of horse riding stables and a private marina, as well as the Jebel Ali Shooting Club, opened in 1995 and later becoming the host of the World Shotgun Championships.
The Jebel Ali hotel in Dubai then became part of the Jebel Ali Golf Resort & Spa which came to include the development of the only 9-hole course to have been played by the world’s greatest golfers in 1998. The legendary pioneer Dubai hotel, then went on to add a second sister hotel to the resort, the Palm Tree Court which features luxury suites and junior suites only and also opened the same year a world class spa was added in 2003. Later on, by 2005 two state-of-the-art football pitches were created and added to the sporting facilities of the Jebel Ali International Centre of Excellecnce, rapidly becoming the preferred warm weather training spot for many top European clubs.
But this magnificent resort had no plans on slowing down its growth and by 2007 it had environmental and ecological projects. This exceptional Dubai hotel further expanded its facilities when it commissioned a Bio Garden as an environmental experiment to grow its own fresh quality produce and help reduce the resort’s carbon footprint. The first and only of Dubai hotels to feature its own Bio Garden, the experiment had started off with an area of just 120sqm and is now over 100sqm, resulting in the resort being self-sufficient for all its herbal requirements and growing a fair amount of vegetables.
Now in 2009, the famed Dubai hotel and adjacent Jebel Ali resort’s latest offering is a dive centred operated by Al Boom .
And finally, coming in 2010 the Jebel Ali hotel will have a hot new look as the hotel undergoes dramatic cosmetic changes as well as receiving an updated improvement of its facilities.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
- Free upgrade to Deluxe Pool View
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 08th Feb
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Use up to $2500 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Incredible January exclusive - Receive a free upgrade to the next room type when booking with The Holiday Place
- Don't miss out on this incredible offer Kids 17 and under stay, play and eat free
- The Illusionists are appearing at the resort from 22nd December - 3rd Jan & The amazing Backstreet Boys are appearing on the 29th December*
- Awesome resort credits with up to $2500 to spend on spa treatments, dolphin swims, access to the Wet 'N' Wild waterpark and much more
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
A warm welcome awaits you behind the striking geometric façade of Holiday Inn Express Dubai-Jumeirah, 20 minutes by taxi...
Experience luxurious accommodations, modern business and leisure amenities and an ideal location in the heart of Abu...