Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts to Open Nine Luxury Hotels by End of 2009
Leading luxury hotel Group Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts continue on their expansion efforts throughout the world with a further 9 new hotels under schedule and opening by the end of 2009. Further projects are under way in Asia, America and Europe
Hotel group Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts are busy expanding their luxury hotels to destinations all over the world and a further nine projects are scheduled to be opened by the end of 2009.
The leading Asia Pacific luxury hotels group are successfully driving forward despite the economic situation and have a wide selection of accommodation across the world, perfect for travellers looking for luxury holidays. Future projects are already underway in Asia, North America and Europe, which are scheduled to open from next year up until 2012. The latest addition to Abu Dhabi hotels is the Traders Abu Dhabi which opened this month.
Shangri-La Vice President, Sales & Marketing, Barbara Pang, said:
"Despite the economic crisis our company is continuing to expand, we have opened six hotels this year.
"This year we have opened hotels in Monjo, Vancouver, Tokyo, Boracay and Maldives. The most recent opening has been Traders Abu Dhabi, which was literally a week ago."
A further three hotels in Ningbo, Guilin and Cha Ching, will be completed by the end of 2009.
Shangri-La Hotels are also making their debut into Europe luxury hotels market and will be opening a hotel in Paris.
Barbara Pang believes the company's success is helped by their awareness of the economic crisis and help by providing a range of special promotions and packages aimed at travellers looking for luxury hotels within a range of budgets.
"Earlier this year we came up with a promotion called MaxiMICE. Based on certain conditions if you book a meeting in one of our hotels, you will get a 10% credit that you can use in your next meeting in any Shangri-La Hotel and resort.
"I think one trend that we have increasingly seen, is that customers like to have their own choice, so instead of ‘dictating' packages to them, we now have the ability to offer what we call Custom Stay."
Custom Stay enables guests to have flexibility and tailor-made stay depending on their individual requirements. The service enables guests to book their rooms online and then add any additional services or benefits they might require. Advance Purchase is an additional service provided to give special rates to people looking to book rooms in advance.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
An eco-tourist's dream - embark on an amazing journey of discovery with the perfect combination of comfort and adventure in tropical Costa Rica.
- Explore the amazing country of Costa Rica and discover all it's gems on this in depth tour with a fabulous beach stay
- During this tour you will experience various unique inclusions including a fantastic stay in tented accommodation under the stars in Arenal
- Enjoy various activities and exploration on this holiday including river rafting and much more with various optional tours to add
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The 4* Ramada Deira hotel boasts comfortable, modern and grand interiors and facilities, as well as easy access to the...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...