Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts to Open Nine Luxury Hotels by End of 2009
Leading luxury hotel Group Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts continue on their expansion efforts throughout the world with a further 9 new hotels under schedule and opening by the end of 2009. Further projects are under way in Asia, America and Europe
Hotel group Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts are busy expanding their luxury hotels to destinations all over the world and a further nine projects are scheduled to be opened by the end of 2009.
The leading Asia Pacific luxury hotels group are successfully driving forward despite the economic situation and have a wide selection of accommodation across the world, perfect for travellers looking for luxury holidays. Future projects are already underway in Asia, North America and Europe, which are scheduled to open from next year up until 2012. The latest addition to Abu Dhabi hotels is the Traders Abu Dhabi which opened this month.
Shangri-La Vice President, Sales & Marketing, Barbara Pang, said:
"Despite the economic crisis our company is continuing to expand, we have opened six hotels this year.
"This year we have opened hotels in Monjo, Vancouver, Tokyo, Boracay and Maldives. The most recent opening has been Traders Abu Dhabi, which was literally a week ago."
A further three hotels in Ningbo, Guilin and Cha Ching, will be completed by the end of 2009.
Shangri-La Hotels are also making their debut into Europe luxury hotels market and will be opening a hotel in Paris.
Barbara Pang believes the company's success is helped by their awareness of the economic crisis and help by providing a range of special promotions and packages aimed at travellers looking for luxury hotels within a range of budgets.
"Earlier this year we came up with a promotion called MaxiMICE. Based on certain conditions if you book a meeting in one of our hotels, you will get a 10% credit that you can use in your next meeting in any Shangri-La Hotel and resort.
"I think one trend that we have increasingly seen, is that customers like to have their own choice, so instead of ‘dictating' packages to them, we now have the ability to offer what we call Custom Stay."
Custom Stay enables guests to have flexibility and tailor-made stay depending on their individual requirements. The service enables guests to book their rooms online and then add any additional services or benefits they might require. Advance Purchase is an additional service provided to give special rates to people looking to book rooms in advance.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Prepare to be wowed and dazzled by mystical encounters, ancient cities, marvellous wonders and unique sites as you discover the real and magical Jordan.
- Enjoy a stop-off at Mount Nebo where Prophet Moses viewed the Promised Land
- Visit the Dead Sea & enjoy a drive along the 2000-year-old Kings Highway
- Experience Petra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, recently voted as one of the New 7 Wonders of the World
Use up to $2500 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- The Illusionists are appearing at the resort from 22nd December - 3rd Jan & The amazing Backstreet Boys are appearing on the 29th December*
- Under 17's Stay, Play and Eat free at this magnificent resort sure to make for a holiday of a lifetime
- Enjoy fantastic access to the newly opening Grand Section which includes ten new restaurants and 6 bars, a waterpark, a new spa with 64 treatment rooms, a theatre and a bowling alley, plus another Playroom Kids’ club and Wired Teens lounge worth $1400
- Awesome resort credits with up to $2500 to spend on spa treatments, dolphin swims, access to the Wet 'N' Wild waterpark and much more
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...