Air Arabia's New Sharjah Airport Hotel on Schedule
A great new alternative to Dubai hotels is coming in spring 2010 for those business travellers who want to stay outside of Dubai but still close to the city. Air Arabia is currently building the new Centro hotel which will feature a total of 300 rooms
There will be a new alternative to Dubai hotels in spring 2010 with the construction already underway of a 300-room hotel located at nearby Sharjah Airport.
Centro Hotel, which is owned by low cost airline Air Arabia, is currently being built and the project is due to be completed by April 2010.
The hotel is aimed at people on their Dubai holidays and business travellers on flights to Dubai, looking to stay outside of Dubai but still in close proximity of the city. The Centro Hotel is set to have a wide range of affordable accommodation including standard rooms and executive suites.
Air Arabia is opening the hotel with the hope that it will generate more revenue and plans are in place to add a swimming pool, gym and business facilities to entice travellers on Dubai holidays to a convenient alternative to other Dubai hotels.
Adel Ali, group CEO of Air Arabia, said:
"We are pleased to announce that, despite challenging economic conditions, the project is on track and will be ready to welcome guests by 2010. Centro by Rotana at the Sharjah airport is a key element of Air Arabia's expansion strategy".
Air Arabia is working with Rotana Hotels, who have a number of luxury hotels in Dubai, to help manage the new Centro Hotel.
Sharjah is a 30 minute journey from Dubai, depending on traffic, but there is a lack of public transport so hire cars or taxis are the best way to get between the two cities.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...