Air Arabia's New Sharjah Airport Hotel on Schedule
A great new alternative to Dubai hotels is coming in spring 2010 for those business travellers who want to stay outside of Dubai but still close to the city. Air Arabia is currently building the new Centro hotel which will feature a total of 300 rooms
There will be a new alternative to Dubai hotels in spring 2010 with the construction already underway of a 300-room hotel located at nearby Sharjah Airport.
Centro Hotel, which is owned by low cost airline Air Arabia, is currently being built and the project is due to be completed by April 2010.
The hotel is aimed at people on their Dubai holidays and business travellers on flights to Dubai, looking to stay outside of Dubai but still in close proximity of the city. The Centro Hotel is set to have a wide range of affordable accommodation including standard rooms and executive suites.
Air Arabia is opening the hotel with the hope that it will generate more revenue and plans are in place to add a swimming pool, gym and business facilities to entice travellers on Dubai holidays to a convenient alternative to other Dubai hotels.
Adel Ali, group CEO of Air Arabia, said:
"We are pleased to announce that, despite challenging economic conditions, the project is on track and will be ready to welcome guests by 2010. Centro by Rotana at the Sharjah airport is a key element of Air Arabia's expansion strategy".
Air Arabia is working with Rotana Hotels, who have a number of luxury hotels in Dubai, to help manage the new Centro Hotel.
Sharjah is a 30 minute journey from Dubai, depending on traffic, but there is a lack of public transport so hire cars or taxis are the best way to get between the two cities.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
A resort where there is something for everyone
- FAMILY PACKAGES from £ 1899 for a family of 2 adults & 2 kids below 12
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- up to 2 children eat and stay for free
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits including a room upgrade to make your holiday extra special
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
Prepare to be wowed and dazzled by mystical encounters, ancient cities, marvellous wonders and unique sites as you discover the real and magical Jordan.
- Enjoy a stop-off at Mount Nebo where Prophet Moses viewed the Promised Land
- Visit the Dead Sea & enjoy a drive along the 2000-year-old Kings Highway
- Experience Petra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, recently voted as one of the New 7 Wonders of the World
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Fairmont Ajman is surrounded by stunning white sandy beaches and year round sunshine, just 30 minutes from the bustling...