U.S Travellers Keen to Take Cuba Holidays
Whilst the US Congress still debates legislation over allowing US citizens to travel to Cuba, travel experts estimate that Cuba cold see up to one million extra American visitors travelling to the country each year if the travel ban was to be lifted.
Whilst legislation is pending in Congress regarding the ban being lifted on US citizens wanting to travel to Cuba either on business or on Cuba holidays, travel experts have estimated that Cuba could see up to one million extra visitors travelling to the country each year.
More and more tourists from all over the world are taking holidays in Cuba every year but US citizens are unable to travel to the country directly from the USA; instead they have to travel via another country – usually Canada or Mexico City.
Cuba has a lot to offer American tourists, with a diverse mixture of history, culture, idyllic beaches and resorts, fine cuisine, and a vital advantage to an American – the country's close proximity to the USA.
Cuba's tourism economy would benefit dramatically if the ban were to be lifted as there are endless opportunities for the traveller whether they are families taking holidays to Cuba, honeymooners looking for a romantic getaway, or solo backpackers look for a range of activities and adventure.
Cuba is rich in culture and history and offers a travelling experience which is hard to find anywhere else in the world. The activities are endless, from diving and snorkelling, to excursions to historical sites.
However, if the ban is successfully lifted, Cuba will have their work cut out to prepare themselves for the influx of visitors on Cuba holidays, and strategies will have to be put in place to improve public transport, and restaurants and hotels to accommodate the large amount of visitors.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Enjoy a fantastic tour
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...