U.S Travellers Keen to Take Cuba Holidays
Whilst the US Congress still debates legislation over allowing US citizens to travel to Cuba, travel experts estimate that Cuba cold see up to one million extra American visitors travelling to the country each year if the travel ban was to be lifted.
Whilst legislation is pending in Congress regarding the ban being lifted on US citizens wanting to travel to Cuba either on business or on Cuba holidays, travel experts have estimated that Cuba could see up to one million extra visitors travelling to the country each year.
More and more tourists from all over the world are taking holidays in Cuba every year but US citizens are unable to travel to the country directly from the USA; instead they have to travel via another country – usually Canada or Mexico City.
Cuba has a lot to offer American tourists, with a diverse mixture of history, culture, idyllic beaches and resorts, fine cuisine, and a vital advantage to an American – the country's close proximity to the USA.
Cuba's tourism economy would benefit dramatically if the ban were to be lifted as there are endless opportunities for the traveller whether they are families taking holidays to Cuba, honeymooners looking for a romantic getaway, or solo backpackers look for a range of activities and adventure.
Cuba is rich in culture and history and offers a travelling experience which is hard to find anywhere else in the world. The activities are endless, from diving and snorkelling, to excursions to historical sites.
However, if the ban is successfully lifted, Cuba will have their work cut out to prepare themselves for the influx of visitors on Cuba holidays, and strategies will have to be put in place to improve public transport, and restaurants and hotels to accommodate the large amount of visitors.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Enjoy a range of tours and excursions
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 28th Feb
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- This package offers little touches to make your holiday extra special including a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking for adventure or relaxation
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Submerge yourself into the interesting culture of Old Havana while you spend 8 days at one of its most centric and...
Escape to Cuba on your next holiday and book a stay at the Villa Tortuga Hotel in Varadero. It is an all inclusive hotel...