U.S Travellers Keen to Take Cuba Holidays
Whilst the US Congress still debates legislation over allowing US citizens to travel to Cuba, travel experts estimate that Cuba cold see up to one million extra American visitors travelling to the country each year if the travel ban was to be lifted.
Whilst legislation is pending in Congress regarding the ban being lifted on US citizens wanting to travel to Cuba either on business or on Cuba holidays, travel experts have estimated that Cuba could see up to one million extra visitors travelling to the country each year.
More and more tourists from all over the world are taking holidays in Cuba every year but US citizens are unable to travel to the country directly from the USA; instead they have to travel via another country – usually Canada or Mexico City.
Cuba has a lot to offer American tourists, with a diverse mixture of history, culture, idyllic beaches and resorts, fine cuisine, and a vital advantage to an American – the country's close proximity to the USA.
Cuba's tourism economy would benefit dramatically if the ban were to be lifted as there are endless opportunities for the traveller whether they are families taking holidays to Cuba, honeymooners looking for a romantic getaway, or solo backpackers look for a range of activities and adventure.
Cuba is rich in culture and history and offers a travelling experience which is hard to find anywhere else in the world. The activities are endless, from diving and snorkelling, to excursions to historical sites.
However, if the ban is successfully lifted, Cuba will have their work cut out to prepare themselves for the influx of visitors on Cuba holidays, and strategies will have to be put in place to improve public transport, and restaurants and hotels to accommodate the large amount of visitors.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 31st Jul 2017
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Blau Varadero - limited availability
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
- Blau Vardero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...