Series of Mid-market Hilton Dubai Hotels Planned for Near Future
Seemingly oblivious to the global financial depression, the apparently unaffected chain of Hilton hotels is planning the opening of 21 new hotels in Africa and the UAE. The company relies on the almost untouchable success Dubai holidays still enjoy
In a time where the recession is affecting many businesses within the tourism industry, the Hilton Hotels chain is planning the opening of 21 new hotels in the UAE and Africa.
Hilton Hotels' President of Middle East & Africa, Jean-Paul Herzog, is a valuable contributor to the region's tourism industry and believes that strong investments in the area from airlines, tourist boards, hotels and travel companies have benefited the region's economy during the difficult times.
Many people continue to stay in Dubai hotels whilst on business trips or Dubai holidays despite the downfall in holidays taken in many other parts of the world. One reason could be that many Dubai hotels are offering generous discounts, including the Hilton Hotels in Dubai.
"By the end of the year, we will see one hotel opening in Malibu, Africa, and the final phase of the Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort and Spa. There is also the DoubleTrees in East Africa."
"Our core brand is and will always remain Hilton, but we have so many different brands now that we are in a position to tailor what we are bringing to the market to the right place to the right owner to the right environment."
Herzog, who has spent over 35 years working for Hilton on three continents, is positive about the current economical situation and went on to add:
"Even as we look now, we still exceed 2007 numbers. So, only if you compare it with 2008 we do have a crisis. So, if we forgot 2008 and went straight from 2007 to 2009, we would be heroes. And you have to see it in that perspective – 2007 saw growth over 2006, which saw growth over 2005 and so forth. We haven't hit rock bottom.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Chill at The Palm's newest luxury retreat, be wowed by the touches of opulence on every corner and be seduced by our amazing prize tag!
- Rooms boast a balcony with stunning view of the Arabian Gulf, includes free Wi-Fi
- Complimentary Access to So Fit "Gym, Sauna & Steam" with 25% disconut at SO SPA in addition to free Wi-Fi
- Choose from 7 dining venues including gourmet options and enjoy access to 5 opulent bars
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
With over 20 restaurants and bars, you will be amazed by the variety of fine fare on offer to enhance your holiday.
- Complimentary services include a 1-2 hour scuba diving session
- Free Half Board on selected dates
- Venture next door with complimentary access to the Wild Wadi Water Park to cool yourself from the summer sun
The perfect location
- Enjoy All Inclusive in beautiful Mauritius and just unwind at the beach
- Combine the best of two worlds in one journey - relax in Mauritian paradise and experience stunning Dubai
- Experience world-class dining in both incredible countries
Located in the historic district of Deira, the heritage hotel Hyatt Regency is within walking distance to the famous...
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
Enjoy the stretches of sand and unlimited sunshine available here as you savour the comforts of Atlantis, The Palm. One...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Rove City Centre is one of Dubai's newest hotels, offering a year-round outdoor pool and fitness centre. Conveniently...