Series of Mid-market Hilton Dubai Hotels Planned for Near Future
Seemingly oblivious to the global financial depression, the apparently unaffected chain of Hilton hotels is planning the opening of 21 new hotels in Africa and the UAE. The company relies on the almost untouchable success Dubai holidays still enjoy
In a time where the recession is affecting many businesses within the tourism industry, the Hilton Hotels chain is planning the opening of 21 new hotels in the UAE and Africa.
Hilton Hotels' President of Middle East & Africa, Jean-Paul Herzog, is a valuable contributor to the region's tourism industry and believes that strong investments in the area from airlines, tourist boards, hotels and travel companies have benefited the region's economy during the difficult times.
Many people continue to stay in Dubai hotels whilst on business trips or Dubai holidays despite the downfall in holidays taken in many other parts of the world. One reason could be that many Dubai hotels are offering generous discounts, including the Hilton Hotels in Dubai.
"By the end of the year, we will see one hotel opening in Malibu, Africa, and the final phase of the Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort and Spa. There is also the DoubleTrees in East Africa."
"Our core brand is and will always remain Hilton, but we have so many different brands now that we are in a position to tailor what we are bringing to the market to the right place to the right owner to the right environment."
Herzog, who has spent over 35 years working for Hilton on three continents, is positive about the current economical situation and went on to add:
"Even as we look now, we still exceed 2007 numbers. So, only if you compare it with 2008 we do have a crisis. So, if we forgot 2008 and went straight from 2007 to 2009, we would be heroes. And you have to see it in that perspective – 2007 saw growth over 2006, which saw growth over 2005 and so forth. We haven't hit rock bottom.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Bask in private palm-lined beach glory that's just 15 minutes from the Dubai Marina in a place where it's all included
- Choose from excellent restaurants serving a variety of world cuisines including French, Mediterranean and Thai
- Go for a round of golf at the onsite 9-hole Golf course or explore the are on horseback
- book your stay including tickets to the family entertainment park Dubai Parks & Resort - ask our team now
Experience the best of all worlds in Dubai - exceptional accommodation, restauarants, sandy beaches and unmatched shoppin, all for an unbeatable price
- Delight yourself in a culinary adventure with a selection of 16 dining options to tickle your taste buds
- Club Level rooms available providing access additional amenities and exclusive lounge access
- Located on the spectacular Jumeirah Beach adjacent to the Dubai Marina and only 10 minutes from the Emirates shopping mall
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
With over 20 restaurants and bars, you will be amazed by the variety of fine fare on offer to enhance your holiday.
- Complimentary services include a 1-2 hour scuba diving session
- Free Half Board on selected dates
- Venture next door with complimentary access to the Wild Wadi Water Park to cool yourself from the summer sun
Habtoor Grand Resort & Spa enjoys a fabulous location beside the world famous Jumeirah Beach overlooking the Dubai...
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Rove City Centre is one of Dubai's newest hotels, offering a year-round outdoor pool and fitness centre. Conveniently...
Located in Deira, within old Dubai, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Muraqabat offers a prime opportunity to explore the...