Series of Mid-market Hilton Dubai Hotels Planned for Near Future
Seemingly oblivious to the global financial depression, the apparently unaffected chain of Hilton hotels is planning the opening of 21 new hotels in Africa and the UAE. The company relies on the almost untouchable success Dubai holidays still enjoy
In a time where the recession is affecting many businesses within the tourism industry, the Hilton Hotels chain is planning the opening of 21 new hotels in the UAE and Africa.
Hilton Hotels' President of Middle East & Africa, Jean-Paul Herzog, is a valuable contributor to the region's tourism industry and believes that strong investments in the area from airlines, tourist boards, hotels and travel companies have benefited the region's economy during the difficult times.
Many people continue to stay in Dubai hotels whilst on business trips or Dubai holidays despite the downfall in holidays taken in many other parts of the world. One reason could be that many Dubai hotels are offering generous discounts, including the Hilton Hotels in Dubai.
"By the end of the year, we will see one hotel opening in Malibu, Africa, and the final phase of the Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort and Spa. There is also the DoubleTrees in East Africa."
"Our core brand is and will always remain Hilton, but we have so many different brands now that we are in a position to tailor what we are bringing to the market to the right place to the right owner to the right environment."
Herzog, who has spent over 35 years working for Hilton on three continents, is positive about the current economical situation and went on to add:
"Even as we look now, we still exceed 2007 numbers. So, only if you compare it with 2008 we do have a crisis. So, if we forgot 2008 and went straight from 2007 to 2009, we would be heroes. And you have to see it in that perspective – 2007 saw growth over 2006, which saw growth over 2005 and so forth. We haven't hit rock bottom.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Discover the impressive opulence of Dubai's skyline matched only by the views across the Arabian Gulf
Impeccable service combined with comfort and luxury with stunning views of Downtown Dubai
- A landmark hotel located in Deira, Dubai's historic district with stunning views over the city!
- Incredible bars, clubs and restaurants, including hip and trendy Sho Cho that's been taking Dubai's fashion set by storm.
- There are plenty of sightseeing and historical places to visit within walking distance
Relax and enjoy your stay at this five-star resort excellent choice for families
- Enjoy many additional complimentary benefits when staying in the newly refurbished superior rooms
- First child stay free on bed and breakfast up to the age of 14 when sharing with parents
- Amazing choice of award winning restaurants and bars
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Chill at The Palm's newest luxury retreat, be wowed by the touches of opulence on every corner and be seduced by our amazing prize tag!
- Choose from 7 dining venues including gourmet options and enjoy access to 5 opulent bars
- Complimentary Access to So Fit "Gym, Sauna & Steam" with 25% disconut at SO SPA in addition to free WIFI
- Rooms boast a balcony with stunning view of the Arabian Gulf, includes free WIFI
Take a chance to explore the lively Al Barsha district as well as the many attractions Dubai has to offer at DoubleTree...
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Rove City Centre is one of Dubai's newest hotels, offering a year-round outdoor pool and fitness centre. Conveniently...
The 4* Ramada Deira hotel boasts comfortable, modern and grand interiors and facilities, as well as easy access to the...