Cancun Hotels Welcome Increase in Occupancy
After many Cancun hotels were forced to shut down due to the negative knock-on effect of the swine flu disaster, it looks like the worst might be over for Cancun holidays as the popular resort is back on track with an increase in hotel occupancy.
It looks like the worst could be over for Cancun hotels and the local area after recent numbers show that tourism statistics and hotel occupancy in the area are on the increase.
After recently being affected by outbreaks of Swine Flu from all over Mexico, violence near the US bordering states, and the global recession, new figures have revealed that more people have been taking Cancun holidays over the last couple of months and the average occupancy levels in Cancun hotels for July was 81 per cent.
Within the last 12 months Cancun has had problems with the erosion of their beautiful beaches which consequently contributed towards a downfall in tourism numbers. However, over the last two months nearly half of the area's beaches have been restored and people are once again taking their holidays in Cancun.
Many Cancun hotels had to shut down sections of their hotels to save on costs during the troubled times, which could mean that numbers may be a little inaccurate due to fewer hotel rooms being available, but on the whole the coastal city is making a positive comeback.
The stunning tourist destination located on the Yucatan Channel in Mexico is popular with travellers from all over the world; from couples on romantic honeymoons to families and backpackers seeking fun activities and adventure. With over four million visitors arriving each year, the country's economy heavily relies on tourism and these new figures are welcomed by the Cancun tourism board and local Cancun hotels and businesses.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Life doesn't get much better than a stay in the Riviera Maya, just a heart beat away from the awe-inspiring Tulum pyramids
- The FREE Unlimited Connectivity app allows guests to make local calls, send messages, emails and surf the web over the hotel's Wi-Fi. It's even possible to book Spa treatments, plan romantic dinners, check the resort map, book activities and more
- The proximity to the "best-preserved Mayan ruins in the Western Hemisphere"
- All-inclusive facilities include 9 restaurants, 7 bars, a private beach, 2 pools and more
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
A secluded location at a beautiful all inclusive resort designed for adults only is perfect for a taste of romance enhanced by Mayan wonder
- Enjoy 24 hour room service, pool and beach waiter service, six swimming pools, water sports and more
- Experience fine dining and gourmet cuisine with a choice of nine restaurants
- Relax in style at this all-suite luxury resort situated on a white sand beach
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
The Riviera Maya, admired for its history and its wondrous sugar-white sands, kaleidoscope of green palm trees,and deep...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Take a trip to the sunny side of life with an 8-day excursion to Mexico's lovely Caribbean Sea coastline. This is widely...
Playa del Carmen is one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. Spend eight days revelling in the fine white sands...
For the ideal combination of natural beauty and fun-filled activities, look no further than Sunscape Sabor Cozumel....