Cancun Hotels Welcome Increase in Occupancy
After many Cancun hotels were forced to shut down due to the negative knock-on effect of the swine flu disaster, it looks like the worst might be over for Cancun holidays as the popular resort is back on track with an increase in hotel occupancy.
It looks like the worst could be over for Cancun hotels and the local area after recent numbers show that tourism statistics and hotel occupancy in the area are on the increase.
After recently being affected by outbreaks of Swine Flu from all over Mexico, violence near the US bordering states, and the global recession, new figures have revealed that more people have been taking Cancun holidays over the last couple of months and the average occupancy levels in Cancun hotels for July was 81 per cent.
Within the last 12 months Cancun has had problems with the erosion of their beautiful beaches which consequently contributed towards a downfall in tourism numbers. However, over the last two months nearly half of the area's beaches have been restored and people are once again taking their holidays in Cancun.
Many Cancun hotels had to shut down sections of their hotels to save on costs during the troubled times, which could mean that numbers may be a little inaccurate due to fewer hotel rooms being available, but on the whole the coastal city is making a positive comeback.
The stunning tourist destination located on the Yucatan Channel in Mexico is popular with travellers from all over the world; from couples on romantic honeymoons to families and backpackers seeking fun activities and adventure. With over four million visitors arriving each year, the country's economy heavily relies on tourism and these new figures are welcomed by the Cancun tourism board and local Cancun hotels and businesses.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Unwind and relax on a pristine beach knowing your kids are enjoying endless endless activities, designed especially for them at the Treasure Island Water Park
- Enjoy a film at the onsite private cinema
- Dine at a wide range of 10 restaurants & 11 bars
- Make a splash at Treasure Island Water Park
Enjoy sweeping ocean views from your room, indulge in unlimited inclusions and soak up the best of Cancun at this beautiful retreat.
- Every luxury is included in the package - top-shelf spirits, gourmet meals, snacks and a great programme of day and night activities, including various water-sports
- Set on a pristine stretch of private white sand fringing the Caribbean Sea, in the popular hotel district of the city
- Chic guest rooms feature plush furnishings and ultra modern bathrooms, as well as fantastic amenities
A secluded location at a beautiful all inclusive resort designed for adults only is perfect for a taste of romance enhanced by Mayan wonder
- Enjoy 24 hour room service, pool and beach waiter service, six swimming pools, water sports and more
- Experience fine dining and gourmet cuisine with a choice of nine restaurants
- Relax in style at this all-suite luxury resort situated on a white sand beach
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
Have the dreamiest of getaways at the magnificent, ultra all-inclusive Dreams Sands Cancun and make the most of the...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Golf and Spa Resort you will...
Playacar is simply one of the most scintillating stretches of coastline in Mexico, if not the world. Take eight days to...
Discover a world of entertainment and join in on the best, non-stop family fun at the all-inclusive Sea Adventure Resort...
Take a trip to the sunny side of life with an 8-day excursion to Mexico's lovely Caribbean Sea coastline. This is widely...