Cancun Hotels Welcome Increase in Occupancy
After many Cancun hotels were forced to shut down due to the negative knock-on effect of the swine flu disaster, it looks like the worst might be over for Cancun holidays as the popular resort is back on track with an increase in hotel occupancy.
It looks like the worst could be over for Cancun hotels and the local area after recent numbers show that tourism statistics and hotel occupancy in the area are on the increase.
After recently being affected by outbreaks of Swine Flu from all over Mexico, violence near the US bordering states, and the global recession, new figures have revealed that more people have been taking Cancun holidays over the last couple of months and the average occupancy levels in Cancun hotels for July was 81 per cent.
Within the last 12 months Cancun has had problems with the erosion of their beautiful beaches which consequently contributed towards a downfall in tourism numbers. However, over the last two months nearly half of the area's beaches have been restored and people are once again taking their holidays in Cancun.
Many Cancun hotels had to shut down sections of their hotels to save on costs during the troubled times, which could mean that numbers may be a little inaccurate due to fewer hotel rooms being available, but on the whole the coastal city is making a positive comeback.
The stunning tourist destination located on the Yucatan Channel in Mexico is popular with travellers from all over the world; from couples on romantic honeymoons to families and backpackers seeking fun activities and adventure. With over four million visitors arriving each year, the country's economy heavily relies on tourism and these new figures are welcomed by the Cancun tourism board and local Cancun hotels and businesses.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Let the Caribbean sunshine make you glow from the inside out when you stay at Cancun's Golden Parnassus resort - a truly luxurious all inclusive retreat where you'll be wanting for nothing.
- Take advantage of the superb facilities and enjoy a range of activities including water sports, mini golf and tennis
- A luxury all inclusive resort offering a relaxing adults-only environment ideal for a pampering beach holiday or romantic honeymoon
- Ideal location set by a beautiful white sand beach in Cancun with sweeping views of the Mexican Caribbean
The ideal romantic setting for honeymooners and lovers to enjoy an adults only haven
- Unlimited-Luxury concept offering exceptional all-inclusive privileges
- Adults only resort just 20 minutes from the airport and the nightlife of Cancun 15 miles away
- Enjoy one of the various treatments on offer at the lavish Secrets Spa by Pevonia complete with 17 massage rooms and a hypnotherapy circuit
Use up to $2500 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Awesome resort credits with up to $2500 to spend on spa treatments, dolphin swims, access to the Wet 'N' Wild waterpark and much more
- Fantastic all-inclusive package providing all meals, snacks, unlimited premium beverages, 24-hour room service and more
- Kids can Stay, Play and Eat free at Moon Palace when travelling from 1st June to 31st August 2016 & October Half Term (17th - 31st October 2016)
- Moon Spa & Golf Club is home to one of only two Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Courses in Cancun
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
Have the dreamiest of getaways at the magnificent, ultra all-inclusive Dreams Sands Cancun and make the most of the...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Golf and Spa Resort you will...
Playacar is simply one of the most scintillating stretches of coastline in Mexico, if not the world. Take eight days to...
Discover a world of entertainment and join in on the best, non-stop family fun at the all-inclusive Sea Adventure Resort...
Take a trip to the sunny side of life with an 8-day excursion to Mexico's lovely Caribbean Sea coastline. This is widely...