Cancun Hotels Welcome Increase in Occupancy
After many Cancun hotels were forced to shut down due to the negative knock-on effect of the swine flu disaster, it looks like the worst might be over for Cancun holidays as the popular resort is back on track with an increase in hotel occupancy.
It looks like the worst could be over for Cancun hotels and the local area after recent numbers show that tourism statistics and hotel occupancy in the area are on the increase.
After recently being affected by outbreaks of Swine Flu from all over Mexico, violence near the US bordering states, and the global recession, new figures have revealed that more people have been taking Cancun holidays over the last couple of months and the average occupancy levels in Cancun hotels for July was 81 per cent.
Within the last 12 months Cancun has had problems with the erosion of their beautiful beaches which consequently contributed towards a downfall in tourism numbers. However, over the last two months nearly half of the area's beaches have been restored and people are once again taking their holidays in Cancun.
Many Cancun hotels had to shut down sections of their hotels to save on costs during the troubled times, which could mean that numbers may be a little inaccurate due to fewer hotel rooms being available, but on the whole the coastal city is making a positive comeback.
The stunning tourist destination located on the Yucatan Channel in Mexico is popular with travellers from all over the world; from couples on romantic honeymoons to families and backpackers seeking fun activities and adventure. With over four million visitors arriving each year, the country's economy heavily relies on tourism and these new figures are welcomed by the Cancun tourism board and local Cancun hotels and businesses.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Life doesn't get much better than a stay in the Riviera Maya, just a heart beat away from the awe-inspiring Tulum pyramids
- Go for the Unlimited-Luxury Experience at one of Mexico's most coveted all-inclusive resorts
- The FREE Unlimited Connectivity app allows guests to make local calls, send messages, emails and surf the web over the hotel's Wi-Fi. It's even possible to book Spa treatments, plan romantic dinners, check the resort map, book activities and more
- All-inclusive facilities include 9 restaurants, 7 bars, a private beach, 2 pools and more
The ideal romantic setting for honeymooners and lovers to enjoy an adults only haven
- The Adults only resort promises great parties and is just 20 minutes from the nightlife of Cancun
- Unwind at the lavish Secrets Spa by Pevonia® complete with 17 massage rooms and a hypnotherapy circuit
- Unlimited-Luxury® concept offering exceptional all-inclusive privileges
Enjoy exclusive privileges on tap as part of the resort's signature Unlimited-Luxury all-inclusive concept.
- Retreat to one of the Mexican Caribbean's most coveted and secluded beach hideaways
- Something to keep everyone entertained at this fantastic family friendly resort
- Outdoor pool theater for shows and theme dinners
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Unlimited-Luxury® privileges include gourmet dining at 6 restaurants, a poolside grill, a cafe and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 6 bars and lounges
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at the nearby Playa Mujeres Golf Club
- Stay in an adults only ultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
- Signature element of wine with a winery including over 3000 varieties of wine.
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Get away from it all with a once in a lifetime excursion to Cancun, one of Mexico's most celebrated resort towns. This...
A picturesque city on Mexico's Caribbean Sea coastline, Playa del Carmen is the perfect getaway for both families and...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...
Discover a world of entertainment and join in on the best, non-stop family fun at the all-inclusive Sea Adventure Resort...