Cancun Hotels Welcome Increase in Occupancy
After many Cancun hotels were forced to shut down due to the negative knock-on effect of the swine flu disaster, it looks like the worst might be over for Cancun holidays as the popular resort is back on track with an increase in hotel occupancy.
It looks like the worst could be over for Cancun hotels and the local area after recent numbers show that tourism statistics and hotel occupancy in the area are on the increase.
After recently being affected by outbreaks of Swine Flu from all over Mexico, violence near the US bordering states, and the global recession, new figures have revealed that more people have been taking Cancun holidays over the last couple of months and the average occupancy levels in Cancun hotels for July was 81 per cent.
Within the last 12 months Cancun has had problems with the erosion of their beautiful beaches which consequently contributed towards a downfall in tourism numbers. However, over the last two months nearly half of the area's beaches have been restored and people are once again taking their holidays in Cancun.
Many Cancun hotels had to shut down sections of their hotels to save on costs during the troubled times, which could mean that numbers may be a little inaccurate due to fewer hotel rooms being available, but on the whole the coastal city is making a positive comeback.
The stunning tourist destination located on the Yucatan Channel in Mexico is popular with travellers from all over the world; from couples on romantic honeymoons to families and backpackers seeking fun activities and adventure. With over four million visitors arriving each year, the country's economy heavily relies on tourism and these new figures are welcomed by the Cancun tourism board and local Cancun hotels and businesses.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Panama Jack Resorts Gran Caribe Cancun is a welcoming resort offering a touch of luxury with amazing service guaranteed
- Enjoy a great time in the Swimming Pools which include an Activity Pool, A Family Pool, Two Splash Pools with Slides and A Hot Tub
- Enjoy genuine authentic Mexican hospitality at the resort sure to make your holiday even more special and one that you will never forget
- Camp Jack is packed with cool activities and adventures like water sports, beach games, arts and crafts, and nightly shows. Mini Golf and Waterpark, complete with a pirate ship and medieval castle, allows the whole family to share some fun in the sun.
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
At Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun, you will experience unlimited all inclusive luxury 24 Hours a day - it's the holiday of a lifetime
- Unlimited-Luxury with gourmet dining and premium beverages in a choice of six reservation-free restaurants and five stylish bars
- Enjoy endless activities - from kayaking to snorkelling, windsurfing and much more
- Pamper yourself with innovative treatments at the Now Spa by Pevonia
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Unlimited-Luxury® privileges include gourmet dining at 6 restaurants, a poolside grill, a cafe and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 6 bars and lounges
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at the nearby Playa Mujeres Golf Club
- Book now and Enjoy a fantastic upgrade to Preferred Club Deluxe Ocean View Room and gain various added values including Upgraded mini-bar service and bath amenities
- Stay in an adults only ultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
- Signature element of wine with a winery including over 3000 varieties of wine.
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Cancun is one of the most sought-after beachside resorts in the world. Make this your next holiday destination and revel...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...
No matter if you're returning or if this is your first time to Cancun, days full of entertainment and fine dining at the...
Explore the historical riches of the Riviera Maya and marvel at the abundant natural beauty of its Caribbean coastline...