Centara to Open New Maldives hotel
Thailand's Centara Hotels & Resorts will be coming to grace the Maldives with Thai hospitality as they open a new fabulous hotel property close to some of the world's best diving sites. The resort will also feature a signature Spa Cenvaree
Opening soon in November this year a touch of gentle Thai hospitality will be gracing the Maldives islands with a fabulous new Maldives hotel, property of Thailand’s Centara Hotels & Resorts.
The aquatic dream of Maldives holidays can come true at this new resort from which guests will be able to enjoy the best water activities in close proximity to world-renowned diving sites. The Thai Hotel Group’s first overseas hotel will be located on a grand new property at the South Ari Atoll and they have selected this location for their new Maldives hotel due to its privileged location and ease of access to some of the world’s best snorkelling and diving sites which will be within easy reach. Nearby there’s even a house reef complete with a dedicated sunken ship wreck!
Guests will benefit from a choice of 112 suites and villas perfect for each occasion, from romantic honeymoon couples to comfortable rooms for family groups. All guestrooms of this new Maldives hotel will feature a separate bedroom and living room, a large private terrace, indoor and outdoor showers plus all the amenities you would expect from premium Maldives hotels and beach resorts, including satellite TV, high-speed internet access and tea/coffee making facilities.
The new Maldives resort will be offering stunning beachfront and over-water accommodation divided into seven categories with spacious rooms ranging from 76 to 146 square metres, all complete with an exceptional “resort within a resort” experience at the Island Club. Those guests opting for the Island Club level of accommodation will enjoy access to the exclusive Club Lounge with its signature complimentary servings, including breakfasts and midday snacks, as well as afternoon tea, evening cocktails and canapés.
Moreover, for all guests to enjoy this new Maldives hotel will also be featuring a good variety of dining options, pools, recreational activities, a bar and lounge with nightly entertainment, sports and fitness facilities, a Spa Centre and a Kids’ Club.
When choosing where to dine guests will be able to select from Asian and Western cuisine at the Reef which is the main dining venue and also offers interactive buffets for breakfast and dinner. If during your stay you want to get a taste of Thailand on your Maldives holiday, go for the Louts restaurant which sits next to a lotus pond and also offers the opportunity for guests to take Thai cookery lessons. And if you are craving some good old pasta then head to the Azzuri Mari, an authentic Italian where the emphasis is on fresh seafood, traditional Italian cured meats, char-grilled main courses, delightful Italian desserts and a choice of fine Italian wines.
For entertainment addicts, the resort’s Coral Bar & Lounge is so much more than a bar with live DJ music, play pool and darts in the upstairs sports bar and even soundproofed karaoke rooms where guests will be able to explore their own singing talent
For laid-back characters and chill out fans, Aqua will be a quiet sunset bar positioned over the water and offering the perfect retreat for guests looking for peace and solitude with a freshly squeezed fruit juice in their hand during the day or a quiet sundowner in the evening.
Children will be more than pampered and entertained with the Kid’s Club’s extensive daily activity program, divided into Kid Camp for the 4 to 9 year-olds and the E-Zone for those in the 10-17 age range. The new Centara hotel in the Maldives truly caters of everyone for a fabulous Maldives holiday for people of all ages and tastes!
And last but not least the restful SPA Cenvaree oceanfront village offers a luxurious venue for traditional aromatherapy and therapeutic massages and treatments together with the resort’s beauty treatment salon…for a pampering session unlike any other during any Maldives holidays!
Centara’s newest addition is set to become a precious gem amongst Maldives hotels with the new resort being easily accessible from Male Airport with an air transfer time of just 25 minutes. Optionally guests can take speedboat services, with night transfer available, in 85 minutes.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Paradise Island suits a range of lifestyles from relaxing at the Araamu Spa to surfing the great waves.
- This magnificent spa is almost completely surrounded by the azure waters of the Indian Ocean, creating a perfect location for relaxing and theraputic treatments
- Paradise island is just one kilometre long and 230 metres wide, surrounded by pristine beaches and off shore reefs that teem with excellent marine life waiting for guests to explore
- fresh produce arrives daily for the master chef and team to deliver sumptuous dishes, delicately flavoured. Restaurants include japanese, italian, 24 hour a la carte coffee shop and main restaurant serving international buffets
See what the Maldives really has to offer at Velassaru Maldives, with a great array of excursions.
- Fantastic selection of excursions from night snorkelling to fishing to a trip to Male to having an island all to yourself!
- As well as chilling on the beach or visiting the Spa, why not go an practice the ancient art of Yoga?
- Five wonderful dining venues and two exciting bars means you have a range of options depending on what mood you are in
Explore an underwater world of breathtaking beauty and laze on the finest white sands at Sun Island Resort, a tropical paradise of peace and serenity.
- including return transfers by speed boat
- Enjoy endless activities including scuba diving, snorkelling, water-skiing and more
- Tickle your taste buds with rich flavours and innovative cuisine that incorporates exotic Thai and Oriental influences
Sun Island is al elegant and serene paradise in the Indian Ocean whilst Media Rotana is perfectly positioned for you to explore the wonders of Dubai.
- Both properties have restaurants that cover dishes from around the world
- Media Rotana is perfectly located in the centre of Dubai, within easy reach of shopping centres, the gold souk and Dubai's famous creek
- Sun Island lies in the South Ari Atoll, and is surrounded by wide beaches of fine sand and offshore waters that house underwater gardens full of marine life
The Nalaguraidhoo Island of the Maldives is one of the most sublime coastal landscapes you'll ever lay eyes, what with...
Venture to the Lhaviyani Atoll in the Maldives islands to experience a holiday like no other. This section of the...
If you are looking for serenity and tranquillity coupled with luxurious elegance, then Adaaran Select Meedhupparu is the...
Escape from day-to-day life for a while and take refuge in the Asian paradise of the Maldives while you spend 8 days...
True Maldivian style comes to the fore at Reethi Beach Resort, situated on the tiny Baa Atoll. The PADI 5-star Dive...
Get away from the mundane and enjoy eight days of uninterrupted sun and sand on the shores of one of the most sought...