Sports Stars Coach Kids on Barbados Holidays
Barbados holidays are about to turn into every child's dream holiday paradise this month as travellers with young children or teenagers will find additional summer activities run by the Barbados Sports Camp.
Travellers with young children or teenagers taking Barbados holidays this month will find an additional activity to add to their holiday ‘To Do' list. The Barbados Sports Camp is a scheme led by the tourist board in an attempt to attract more tourists to the island once the summer Crop over Festival has finished. The scheme is in its third year and is proving to be a success with both locals and tourists.
The Barbados sports camp is great for kids and teenagers who are taking holidays in Barbados with their parents and they will also get the chance to meet some of Britain's and the Caribbean's popular sporting icons. Former Liverpool keeper Ray Clemence, England and Worcestershire batsman, Graham Hick, and England netball star, Olivia Murphy are amongst some of the sporting favorites to take part in the coaching sessions this year.
The Barbados Sports Camp is held at the Cave Hill campus of the University of Barbados near Bridgetown and takes place from now until 28 August. The camp is aimed at 9 – 17 year olds and activities are the free of charge.
There are range of football, netball, and cricket coaching sessions taking place from Monday to Friday. Visiting children on Caribbean holidays will have the opportunity to make new friends and spend time with local children as well as visitors. The sporting activities begin at 10am and finish at 2pm enabling parents to enjoy some quality time on their own and then carry on their family activities for the duration of their Barbados holidays.
Former Crystal Palace striker Mark Bright is also taking part in the sessions this year for the third year running. He said: "The kids learn some new skills and have fun too, which is the most important thing."
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Barbados Browse all
Enjoy Barbados at the perfect base on the south coast, stay in Worthing Court Apartment Hotel on beautiful Worthing Beach
- Situated across the road from the stunning Worthing Beach
- Comfortable and equipped units with air conditioning, a daily maid service and a balcony/patio
- Short walk away from shops, restaurants, sporting facilities, supermarkets, bars, night clubs and the beautiful Worthing Beach
Located on the south coast of Barbados with breathtaking ocean views is where Butterfly Beach can be located
- Walking distance to Oistins Bay where the popular Oistins Fish Fry is held every Friday night
- Award winning family hotel with many repeat guests over the years
- July Sale extended - with savings of upto 20% for travel up until 2019
The Rostrevor Hotel is a great value, family-run hotel on a prime beachfront setting in St Lawrence Gap , the fashionable and lively strip of Barbados
- Easy access to the shops, bars & restaurants of fashionable St. Lawrence Gap
- One of the most affordable self-catering hotels in Barbados
- Boasts several Trip Advisor Certificates of Excellence and a 2016 Travellers' Choice Award
Stay at Sandals Barbados the first and only Luxury Included® Resort exclusively designed for couples and make the most of time away with that special someone.
- Save up to 45% plus Summer Savings with amazing discounts on select rooms
- A choice of 11 Five star Global Gourmet™ options including room service for Butler Serviced Suites and Club Sandals accommodations including the first Indian Restaurant featured in any Sandals hotel and complimentary transfers
- Located on the sunny southern coast of the beautifully vibrant island, set on the pristine sands of Dover Beach and set amongst acres of lush tropical gardens
- Choose from endless daytime activities such as Body Boarding, Wind Surfing, Hobie Cat Sailing and Kayaking
You can enjoy all the aspects of this charming island, as the elegant eco-friendly property is located near all the...
Escape to the pristine beaches of the south coast of Barbados for a holiday you will never forget at Coconut Court Beach...
Set in lush gardens beside the azure waters of the Caribbean Sea, The Club Barbados is a tranquil and relaxing haven....
Create unforgettable memories at the heart of Barbados' western coast at a collection of one bedroom apartments. Halcyon...
An intimate collection of One Bedroom Apartments located in the heart of the West Coast of Barbados. Travellers Palm...
St Lawrence Gap is famous for its many restaurants, great shopping and lively nightlife. This 1.3 km stretch of road,...