Sports Stars Coach Kids on Barbados Holidays
Barbados holidays are about to turn into every child's dream holiday paradise this month as travellers with young children or teenagers will find additional summer activities run by the Barbados Sports Camp.
Travellers with young children or teenagers taking Barbados holidays this month will find an additional activity to add to their holiday ‘To Do' list. The Barbados Sports Camp is a scheme led by the tourist board in an attempt to attract more tourists to the island once the summer Crop over Festival has finished. The scheme is in its third year and is proving to be a success with both locals and tourists.
The Barbados sports camp is great for kids and teenagers who are taking holidays in Barbados with their parents and they will also get the chance to meet some of Britain's and the Caribbean's popular sporting icons. Former Liverpool keeper Ray Clemence, England and Worcestershire batsman, Graham Hick, and England netball star, Olivia Murphy are amongst some of the sporting favorites to take part in the coaching sessions this year.
The Barbados Sports Camp is held at the Cave Hill campus of the University of Barbados near Bridgetown and takes place from now until 28 August. The camp is aimed at 9 – 17 year olds and activities are the free of charge.
There are range of football, netball, and cricket coaching sessions taking place from Monday to Friday. Visiting children on Caribbean holidays will have the opportunity to make new friends and spend time with local children as well as visitors. The sporting activities begin at 10am and finish at 2pm enabling parents to enjoy some quality time on their own and then carry on their family activities for the duration of their Barbados holidays.
Former Crystal Palace striker Mark Bright is also taking part in the sessions this year for the third year running. He said: "The kids learn some new skills and have fun too, which is the most important thing."
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Barbados Browse all
Be perfectly positioned just a heartbeat away from all the action in Bridgetown and The Gap at Coconut Court Beach Hotel
- Stay and Enjoy FREE transfers, FREE Bottle of Pirate Punch on arrival, A FREE bottle of Sparkling Wine for Honeymooners and FREE transfers to Bridgetown for shopping
- Brilliant Barbados: Kids stay and play upto 16 years old when accompanied by 1 or 2 paying adults
- The family run hotel prides itself on the exceptionally friendly welcome staff extend to all guests
- Only a short distance from the capital of Bridgetown and St Lawrence Gap; places with lively nightlife and world class restaurants and shops
Stretching along a blessed mile of powdery soft sands, Almond Beach Resort is the perfect place for endless family fun.
- The Kids Club has an outdoor playground and kids-only pool while the Teen Centre for over 13s offers a great variety of fun activities
- Savings of up to £300 per person when booking with The Holiday Place
- Fantastic location 30 minutes to Bridgetown, 5 minutes to Speightstown and 15 minutes to Holetown, there is plenty to explore around the Almond Beach Resort
- Enjoy a Complimentary Island Safari Tour, A fantastic FREE power Boat Trip with a Swim With Turtles and a FREE Half day Island Coach Tour
Enjoy the welcoming hospitality that's uniquely Bajan at Sea Breeze Beach House by Ocean Hotels, close to the nightlife of Oistins and St Lawrence Gap.
- Brilliant Barbados: Kids (up to 16 years old) stay and play free when accompanied by 1 or 2 paying adults
- Beautiful, Intimate and Boutique Beachfront property that is perfect for weddings
- All-inclusive resort - Dine at six fabulous restaurants serving a variety of cuisines, from beach snacks to fine dining
Discover intimate and traditional Bajan flavour at The Club Barbados Resort and Spa
- Complimentary water sports are included from water skiing, windsurfing, hobbie-cats, paddle boarding, snorkelling & reef fishing
- Take advantage of savings up to 30% for travel in 2017 and 2018
- Ambient and Tranquil Resort that has a signature Spa, two restaurants & three bars including a true Bajan rum shop
- Adults-Only All Inclusive Resort located on Barbado's West Coast
Escape to the pristine beaches of the south coast of Barbados for a holiday you will never forget at Coconut Court Beach...
Visit the beautiful south coast of Barbados and spend 7 days relaxing at the charming Butterfly Beach Hotel which is...
Everyone dreams about a holiday with their loved one or family where they can enjoy unlimited sunshine on an idyllic...
Come to the beautiful island of Barbados and feel the magic of the Caribbean sun. Seven rejuvenating days in a Caribbean...
Create unforgettable memories at the heart of Barbados' western coast at a collection of one bedroom apartments. Halcyon...
St Lawrence Gap is famous for its many restaurants, great shopping and lively nightlife. This 1.3 km stretch of road,...