Dubai hotels are still hot
Even when the ultra-luxurious Dubai hotels have also experienced a downturn against the global recession crisis, Dubai holidays remain hot as a holiday destination with growing demand from worldwide tourists.
You might have only imagined that hotels in Dubai are for those wanting to holiday in the world's most modern destination. However, these 5 star properties can also provide the shrewd investor with a sound and steady return on his capital.
Many Dubai hotels have been attracting international investors for years. The Jumeirah Palm Resort proved an enormous success, when the construction began on the Palm Jumeirah island (in June 2001) and developers announced handover of the first residential units (in 2006). Since then other fabulous developments have been popular with holidaymakers and investors alike.
However, in common with other hotels around the world, Dubai hotels have also suffered in the global downturn. Until recently an investment in a Dubai hotel could net a return of up to 35% p.a. However, such rates have suffered a pounding recently due to fewer Dubai holidays being sold.
At present there are few investors releasing their property in Dubai, not wishing to take a loss common in all markets recently. A lack of credit, with banks unwilling to lend to all investors, has meant that many who wish to invest in Dubai hotels have been left frustrated.
What is the future for those wishing to invest in Dubai hotels? In the short term, many hotels have had to reduce their prices in order to maintain market share and keep room occupancy rates high. This had seen a 5% increase in the number of guests enjoying a Dubai holiday.
In the longer term, hotels in Dubai are in a good position to weather adverse market conditions due to the underlying soundness of their assets. Dubai hotels have created new standards of luxury and comfort which are becoming the new benchmark that the discerning traveller requires.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Bask in private palm-lined beach glory that's just 15 minutes from the Dubai Marina in a place where it's all included
- Choose from excellent restaurants serving a variety of world cuisines including French, Mediterranean and Thai
- Go for a round of golf at the onsite 9-hole Golf course or explore the are on horseback
- book your stay including tickets to the family entertainment park Dubai Parks & Resort - ask our team now
Chill at The Palm's luxury retreat, be wowed by the touches of opulence on every corner and be seduced by our amazing prize tag!
- Six family swimming pools dotted around the resort
- Rooms boast a balcony with stunning views over the Arabian Gulf
- Choose from 7 dining venues including gourmet options and enjoy access to 5 opulent bars
- Free Half Board option available
Intercontinental Mauritius + Hyatt Regency Dubai
- Stay at the Hyatt Regency Dubai, the only hotel with a restaurant that has a 360 degree view
- Intercontinental Mauritius is located on one of the most picturesque parts of the island
- Fantastic selection of facilities and amenities await at the Intercontinental Mauritius, including free Wi-Fi, children's club and fun activities for all ages
The perfect location
- Enjoy All Inclusive in beautiful Mauritius and just unwind at the beach
- Combine the best of two worlds in one journey - relax in Mauritian paradise and experience stunning Dubai
- Experience world-class dining in both incredible countries
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
Enjoy the stretches of sand and unlimited sunshine available here as you savour the comforts of Atlantis, The Palm. One...
The luxurious-new InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort overlooks the beaches of the Bay of Balaclava. This...
A mix of colonial heritage and contemporary design with tropical accents, The Ravenala Attitude is the first 4-star,...
Zabeel House Mini by Jumeirah is a playful, pocket friendly hotel high on design and low on complexity. Perfectly...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...
Located in Deira, within old Dubai, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Muraqabat offers a prime opportunity to explore the...