Ramadan overlaps with Dubai holiday season
Ramadan this year will fall on one of the busiest public holidays and consequently travel and tourism to some Islamic destinations may suffer. However countries such as Dubai need not worry as food and drink won't be an issue at this popular destination
Businesses and tourism may suffer this year as Ramadan falls on one of the year's busiest public holidays. The Islamic month of fasting begins on Friday 21 August and the majority of Muslims will avoid drinking, eating and smoking until after sunset and before dawn every day for one month. Ramadan takes place in many countries across the world and the summer public holiday season is expected to be affected this year with a potential dip in business and tourism in Islamic areas. Travellers taking holidays to Turkey, Morocco and Tunisia may not notice much change as these areas are popular tourist destinations, but people travelling further east may experience difficulties with simple everyday tasks such as finding food and convenient transport.
Travellers taking Dubai holidays might be more fortunate than others in the Gulf region as the leniency levels in the United Arab Emirates are much higher, enabling more flexibility for businesses. People taking holidays to Dubai will most likely notice the pace of the city slow down, but many Dubai hotels are offering discounts during the Ramadan period to encourage leisure travel. A large number of hotels in Dubai are also offering guests a unique Ramadan experience during their stay by providing Ramadan tents, atmospheric Arab music in lounges, spa treatments to help with the impact that fasting will have on the body, and late night opening hours for restaurants and spas for guests on their Dubai holidays.
As Dubai is fast becoming an all year round destination for business travellers and people taking Dubai holidays, the overlap of Ramadan during the summer holiday season is not expected to make a significant impact on the country, however people looking to travel to any other areas in the east during Ramadan are advised to be prepared.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Bask in private palm-lined beach glory that's just 15 minutes from the Dubai Marina in a place where it's all included
- Choose from excellent restaurants serving a variety of world cuisines including French, Mediterranean and Thai
- Go for a round of golf at the onsite 9-hole Golf course or explore the are on horseback
- book your stay including tickets to the family entertainment park Dubai Parks & Resort - ask our team now
Be sinfully self-indulgent and stay at an outrageously luxurious resort on Dubai's exclusive The Palm. You'll be basking in luxury from dawn to dusk.
- stay on the famous Palm in Dubai and enjoy stunning views over the skyline
- choose to upgrade to an amazing Ultra-All-Inclusive experience in the hotel
- Recieve complimentary boat transfers to iconic Dubai Marina or a free shuttle bus to Mall of the Emirates
For an affordable luxury holiday on Dubai's iconic The Palm, head for Sofitel and take the whole family with you, they'll love it
- Boasting a Roof Top Swimming Pool
- Free high-speed internet and wifi
- Located by the famous Jumeirah Marina and close to shops, restaurants, bars and the Emirates Shopping Mall
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
Habtoor Grand Resort & Spa enjoys a fabulous location beside the world famous Jumeirah Beach overlooking the Dubai...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
Rove City Centre is one of Dubai's newest hotels, offering a year-round outdoor pool and fitness centre. Conveniently...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
The 4* Ramada Deira hotel boasts comfortable, modern and grand interiors and facilities, as well as easy access to the...