Ramadan overlaps with Dubai holiday season
Ramadan this year will fall on one of the busiest public holidays and consequently travel and tourism to some Islamic destinations may suffer. However countries such as Dubai need not worry as food and drink won't be an issue at this popular destination
Businesses and tourism may suffer this year as Ramadan falls on one of the year's busiest public holidays. The Islamic month of fasting begins on Friday 21 August and the majority of Muslims will avoid drinking, eating and smoking until after sunset and before dawn every day for one month. Ramadan takes place in many countries across the world and the summer public holiday season is expected to be affected this year with a potential dip in business and tourism in Islamic areas. Travellers taking holidays to Turkey, Morocco and Tunisia may not notice much change as these areas are popular tourist destinations, but people travelling further east may experience difficulties with simple everyday tasks such as finding food and convenient transport.
Travellers taking Dubai holidays might be more fortunate than others in the Gulf region as the leniency levels in the United Arab Emirates are much higher, enabling more flexibility for businesses. People taking holidays to Dubai will most likely notice the pace of the city slow down, but many Dubai hotels are offering discounts during the Ramadan period to encourage leisure travel. A large number of hotels in Dubai are also offering guests a unique Ramadan experience during their stay by providing Ramadan tents, atmospheric Arab music in lounges, spa treatments to help with the impact that fasting will have on the body, and late night opening hours for restaurants and spas for guests on their Dubai holidays.
As Dubai is fast becoming an all year round destination for business travellers and people taking Dubai holidays, the overlap of Ramadan during the summer holiday season is not expected to make a significant impact on the country, however people looking to travel to any other areas in the east during Ramadan are advised to be prepared.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Bask in private palm-lined beach glory that's just 15 minutes from the Dubai Marina in a place where it's all included
- Choose from excellent restaurants serving a variety of world cuisines including French, Mediterranean and Thai
- Go for a round of golf at the onsite 9-hole Golf course or explore the are on horseback
- book your stay including tickets to the family entertainment park Dubai Parks & Resort - ask our team now
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Free upgrade to half board on selected dates and two children stay free when sharing with parents
With over 20 restaurants and bars, you will be amazed by the variety of fine fare on offer to enhance your holiday.
- Complimentary services include a 1-2 hour scuba diving session
- Free Half Board on selected dates
- Venture next door with complimentary access to the Wild Wadi Water Park to cool yourself from the summer sun
Relax and enjoy your stay at this five-star resort excellent choice for families
- Enjoy many additional complimentary benefits when staying in the newly refurbished superior rooms
- First child stay free on bed and breakfast up to the age of 14 when sharing with parents
- Amazing choice of award winning restaurants and bars
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
The luxurious-new InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort overlooks the beaches of the Bay of Balaclava. This...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...
Located in the historic district of Deira, the heritage hotel Hyatt Regency is within walking distance to the famous...
Dubai has emerged as a top tourist destination for travellers across the globe. The city of Dubai in UAE reflects the...