Ramadan overlaps with Dubai holiday season
Ramadan this year will fall on one of the busiest public holidays and consequently travel and tourism to some Islamic destinations may suffer. However countries such as Dubai need not worry as food and drink won't be an issue at this popular destination
Businesses and tourism may suffer this year as Ramadan falls on one of the year's busiest public holidays. The Islamic month of fasting begins on Friday 21 August and the majority of Muslims will avoid drinking, eating and smoking until after sunset and before dawn every day for one month. Ramadan takes place in many countries across the world and the summer public holiday season is expected to be affected this year with a potential dip in business and tourism in Islamic areas. Travellers taking holidays to Turkey, Morocco and Tunisia may not notice much change as these areas are popular tourist destinations, but people travelling further east may experience difficulties with simple everyday tasks such as finding food and convenient transport.
Travellers taking Dubai holidays might be more fortunate than others in the Gulf region as the leniency levels in the United Arab Emirates are much higher, enabling more flexibility for businesses. People taking holidays to Dubai will most likely notice the pace of the city slow down, but many Dubai hotels are offering discounts during the Ramadan period to encourage leisure travel. A large number of hotels in Dubai are also offering guests a unique Ramadan experience during their stay by providing Ramadan tents, atmospheric Arab music in lounges, spa treatments to help with the impact that fasting will have on the body, and late night opening hours for restaurants and spas for guests on their Dubai holidays.
As Dubai is fast becoming an all year round destination for business travellers and people taking Dubai holidays, the overlap of Ramadan during the summer holiday season is not expected to make a significant impact on the country, however people looking to travel to any other areas in the east during Ramadan are advised to be prepared.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Experience the best of all worlds in Dubai - exceptional accommodation, restauarants, sandy beaches and unmatched shoppin, all for an unbeatable price
- Exlusive Free Half Board upgrade (book by 11 November 2017)!!!
- Delight yourself in a culinary adventure with a selection of 16 dining options to tickle your taste buds
- Club Level rooms available providing access additional amenities and exclusive lounge access
- Located on the spectacular Jumeirah Beach adjacent to the Dubai Marina and only 10 minutes from the Emirates shopping mall
Capture the wonder of India before an amazing chance to visit Dubai
- Take advantage of the personal training and sports lessons at the Hyatt Regency
- Experience a typically Indian meal with a Rajasthani Family
- Explore the City palace in Jaipur
The perfect location
- Enjoy All Inclusive in beautiful Mauritius and just unwind at the beach
- Combine the best of two worlds in one journey - relax in Mauritian paradise and experience stunning Dubai
- Experience world-class dining in both incredible countries
Discover the beauty of Mauritius and the buzz of Dubai
- Exclusive Added Values in Mauritius: Dinner on the beach for two with fresh fruits on arrival in the room (book by 20 December)
- Intercontinental Mauritius is located on one of the most marvellous parts of the island
- Fantastic selection of facilities and amenities await at the Intercontinental Mauritius, including free Wi-Fi, children's club and fun activities for all ages.
- Stay at the Hyatt Regency Dubai, the only hotel with a restaurant that has a 360 degree view
Enjoy the stretches of sand and unlimited sunshine available here as you savour the comforts of Atlantis, The Palm. One...
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
India is one of the most exciting and rewarding travel destination in the world. From the colourful and vibrant cities...
Enjoy a stunning view on the east coast of Mauritius. This 4-star resort combines natural beauty and contemporary...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...
Located in the historic district of Deira, the heritage hotel Hyatt Regency is within walking distance to the famous...