Tanzania holidays get ready for the new Kempinski Lodge in Serengeti
The Serengeti National Park in Tanzania now accounts with a new luxurious five-star lodge at the hands of the German Kempinski Hotels Company. The lodge has received much praise and was officially opened by Tanzanian President Jakaya Kikwete.
The Kempinski Hotels Company has launched a five-star lodge in Serengeti National Park with a promise from its developer to invest in more luxury Tanzania hotels. With this new Tanzania hotel construction, the country’s tourism sector and the appeal of Tanzania holidays have received a major boost as (unlike its neighbour Kenya) the country had been suffering from a lack of adequate infrastructure and skilled manpower, despite having more tourist attractions than Kenya.
But with this breathtaking new Tanzania hotel addition nestled away near the park’s world famous wildebeest migration corridor the country now accounts with an incredible new tourist attraction inviting travellers on a wonderful journey of natural discoveries on a fabulous Tanzania holiday!
Officially opened by Tanzanian President Jakaya Kikwete, who also sampled the new lodge for 2 nights, the country leader was quick to express his gratitude to the hotel developers: "for showing faith in Tanzania in these times of global financial down turn."
The chairman of the hotel developer, Ali Saeed Albwardy of ASB Tanzania Limited, promised that there will be more to come with their future Tanzania hotels plans. "We promise to build more hotels in Tanzania," he told President Jakaya Kikwete who inaugurated the US$50 million Bilila Lodge Kempinski.
"We are ready to invest in more hotels because the investment atmosphere is right. We have been in Tanzania for five years and already we have invested in Kilimanjaro Hotel, Kempinski in Dar es Salaam and Zamani Hotel in Zanzibar," he added.
The Bilila Lodge Kempinski with 160 beds is located close to the bewildering route of annual mass migration of millions of wildebeests, half a million zebras and thousands of antelopes that move from Serengeti National Park to Kenya's Maasai Mara Wildlife Park in November in search of green pastures. This spectacle attracts hundreds of visitors to watch the massive migration on the Tanzania and Kenya sides as best illustrated in the film "Serengeti Shall Never Die."
The president praised the new world class Tanzania hotel saying: "Bilila Lodge Kempinski is one of the best I have seen. It's spectacular and an architectural marvel of its kind. I have a big passion for wildlife and have been to all Tanzania national wildlife parks, but Bilila Lodge is a class of its own."
He said Bilila lodge, one of four hotels in Serengeti National Park, "increases the visibility of Tanzania even as the park is classified as a UNESCO's world heritage."
To date tourism contributes 17% of Tanzania's Gross National Product (GDP) and 25% of foreign earnings. The Minister for Natural Resources and Tourism, Ms. Shamsa Mwangunga, said the Serengeti was recognised in 1951 by the colonial government. It has the largest concentration of wildebeests in the world, big and small ruminants, many types of birds, and in 2006 it was recognszed as the 'Seventh Wonder of the World' and has since then attracted thousands of tourists, increasing by 15% annually. Besides the four hotels in the national park, there are several tented camps - altogether providing 3,400 beds per day. This new Kempinski addition will be a most welcome Tanzania hotel to fill the gaps in luxury accommodation of this kind in this natural reserve area.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget,why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 5 glorious Swimming Pools
Enjoy Unlimited-Luxury and make the most of the stunning secluded setting at Bavaro beach
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Younger guests get to have limitless fun at the Explorer's Kids Club and the Core Zone Teens' Club.
- Enjoy a host of activities, including tennis, basketball, volleyball, bowling, golf, Horse riding, fishing, aerobics, dance classes, water sports.
- Be dined and wined at a selection of no less than nine restaurants.
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
A modern, stylish and affordable Abu Dhabi hotel conveniently located in within easy access to the Abu Dhabi Airport as...