New Hilton Maldives hotel Opening marks a National Event in the Island
The opening ceremony for the new Hilton Iru Fushi in the Maldives has been something out of the ordinary. In a national celebration the hotel was inaugurated by the country's president himself who was pleased to welcome the new resort addition
The brand new Hilton Iru Fushi in the Maldives has caused a major commotion in the nation as its doors opened early this month to welcome guests to a new world of lush & luxury at this exclusive Maldives hotel. The whole country was gearing up for the celebration of the new re-branding of the Iru Fushi, now part of the Hilton group and yet another addition to the Hilton’s portfolio of Maldives hotels.
It’s not every day that you get a national president to exclusively attend a hotel opening, but since tourism is the main industry in the Maldives, this was the case for President Mohamed Nasheed, who was pleased to open the Hilton’s new Iru Fushi Resort and Spa. By attending the official ceremony and cutting the inauguration bow, the president played his part at promoting the increase of the Maldives holiday appeal with this new resort.
The new resort just became Hilton’s second of 4 Maldives hotels planned, 2 of which are to open in the coming years and the other; The Conrad Maldives which is already open on Rangali Island. From 1st November 2009 the Beach House will join the Waldorf-Astoria Collection and a new Doubletree will open in the island nation’s capital of Malé at some point during 2011.
Located on the island of Medhufushi in the Noonu Atoll, at about 40 miles north of Malé, the new Hilton Maldives hotel looks and feels like 52 acres of pure paradise. President Nasheed said; “I am delighted to be here for the inauguration of hits beautiful resort and am sure that the Hilton family will continue to set the standard for hospitality excellence in the Maldives with its latest opening.” That’s a much more positive reaction than most “Hilton openings” receive. Perhaps that’s also partly due to the fact that Hilton will be supporting local schools and environmental initiatives like the Maldives Whale Shark Research Program, as well as implementing eco-friendly waste management; an innovative programme to maintain the purity of Maldives holidays in the eyes of travellers around the world who come here to find a haven of untouched natural beauty.
This new Hilton Maldives hotel comes packed with many surprises. Among the many special amenities at the new Hilton Iru Fushi Resort and Spa guests will have access to the Hilton Lounge at Malé airport (for all those OCD guests who want to shower and get refreshments before the seaplane ride to the resort). There will also be new in-villa and private dining options at the resort, and half-board and all-inclusive packages; ideal for those families wanting to get the best value out of their Maldives holiday.
To keep guests well fed and liquored up, there will be 4 restaurants and an overwater wine cellar. The new spa will have Thalgo treatments and 21 private pavilions as well as hydrotherapy pools, a fitness center, and yoga facilities. More active guests can get diving instruction, explore nearby reefs, go kite-surfing and big game fishing, or just take a champagne sunset cruise.
As for the pools, there will be an adults-only infinity-edge one, and a separate children’s pool where families can relax together. Parents can enjoy a day away from the spawn by enrolling them in complimentary Kids Club activities. Speaking of pools, the most intriguing perks that everyone’s talking about are the Jacuzzis with iPod connections in the villas, and a private karaoke bar in the Celebrity Suite. A couple of unique new attractions and a first in Maldives hotels!
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Visit Jaipur's Hawa Mahal, an icon of Rajashtani architecture and the ethereally beautiful Taj mahal of Agra
- Perfect tour to introduce you to India, Home to the cities of Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, the golden triangle is an area of extraordinary cultural wealth and splendour.
- Experience the street life of Delhi, Delhi is a city like no other, with teeming bazaars and the Great Mosque in Old Delhi
Indulge in the finer things in life at a luxury five-star retreat and enjoy rocking the night away
- The location on Cancun's tranquil southern shore, provides the perfect rejuivinating base for exploring Cancun.
- The resort is home to one of only two Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Courses in Cancun.
- Enjoy the array of activities including surfing, golf, dolphin swims, tours, spa treatments and much more.
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- This package offers little touches to make your holiday extra special including a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking for adventure or relaxation
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
The land of endless natural beauty, with ancient sight and cultural treasure, you'll be sure to embark on a holiday of a lifetime
- Unforgettable experience at Yala Safari
- English speaking chauffer guide during the roundtrip
- Transport in a comfortable vehicle
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Located just 150 yards from the pretty seaside promenade in the popular resort of Qawra, the Hotel Santana is ideally...
With all the modern facilities and comforts you would expect from a 4* hotel, this hotel is set within central Al Barsha...
Fairmont Ajman is surrounded by stunning white sandy beaches and year round sunshine, just 30 minutes from the bustling...