New Hilton Maldives hotel Opening marks a National Event in the Island
The opening ceremony for the new Hilton Iru Fushi in the Maldives has been something out of the ordinary. In a national celebration the hotel was inaugurated by the country's president himself who was pleased to welcome the new resort addition
The brand new Hilton Iru Fushi in the Maldives has caused a major commotion in the nation as its doors opened early this month to welcome guests to a new world of lush & luxury at this exclusive Maldives hotel. The whole country was gearing up for the celebration of the new re-branding of the Iru Fushi, now part of the Hilton group and yet another addition to the Hilton’s portfolio of Maldives hotels.
It’s not every day that you get a national president to exclusively attend a hotel opening, but since tourism is the main industry in the Maldives, this was the case for President Mohamed Nasheed, who was pleased to open the Hilton’s new Iru Fushi Resort and Spa. By attending the official ceremony and cutting the inauguration bow, the president played his part at promoting the increase of the Maldives holiday appeal with this new resort.
The new resort just became Hilton’s second of 4 Maldives hotels planned, 2 of which are to open in the coming years and the other; The Conrad Maldives which is already open on Rangali Island. From 1st November 2009 the Beach House will join the Waldorf-Astoria Collection and a new Doubletree will open in the island nation’s capital of Malé at some point during 2011.
Located on the island of Medhufushi in the Noonu Atoll, at about 40 miles north of Malé, the new Hilton Maldives hotel looks and feels like 52 acres of pure paradise. President Nasheed said; “I am delighted to be here for the inauguration of hits beautiful resort and am sure that the Hilton family will continue to set the standard for hospitality excellence in the Maldives with its latest opening.” That’s a much more positive reaction than most “Hilton openings” receive. Perhaps that’s also partly due to the fact that Hilton will be supporting local schools and environmental initiatives like the Maldives Whale Shark Research Program, as well as implementing eco-friendly waste management; an innovative programme to maintain the purity of Maldives holidays in the eyes of travellers around the world who come here to find a haven of untouched natural beauty.
This new Hilton Maldives hotel comes packed with many surprises. Among the many special amenities at the new Hilton Iru Fushi Resort and Spa guests will have access to the Hilton Lounge at Malé airport (for all those OCD guests who want to shower and get refreshments before the seaplane ride to the resort). There will also be new in-villa and private dining options at the resort, and half-board and all-inclusive packages; ideal for those families wanting to get the best value out of their Maldives holiday.
To keep guests well fed and liquored up, there will be 4 restaurants and an overwater wine cellar. The new spa will have Thalgo treatments and 21 private pavilions as well as hydrotherapy pools, a fitness center, and yoga facilities. More active guests can get diving instruction, explore nearby reefs, go kite-surfing and big game fishing, or just take a champagne sunset cruise.
As for the pools, there will be an adults-only infinity-edge one, and a separate children’s pool where families can relax together. Parents can enjoy a day away from the spawn by enrolling them in complimentary Kids Club activities. Speaking of pools, the most intriguing perks that everyone’s talking about are the Jacuzzis with iPod connections in the villas, and a private karaoke bar in the Celebrity Suite. A couple of unique new attractions and a first in Maldives hotels!
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget,why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 5 glorious Swimming Pools
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Enjoy Unlimited-Luxury and make the most of the stunning secluded setting at Bavaro beach
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Younger guests get to have limitless fun at the Explorer's Kids Club and the Core Zone Teens' Club.
- Enjoy a host of activities, including tennis, basketball, volleyball, bowling, golf, Horse riding, fishing, aerobics, dance classes, water sports.
- Be dined and wined at a selection of no less than nine restaurants.
An eco-tourist's dream - embark on an amazing journey of discovery with the perfect combination of comfort and adventure in tropical Costa Rica.
- Explore the amazing country of Costa Rica and discover all it's gems on this in depth tour with a fabulous beach stay
- During this tour you will experience various unique inclusions including a fantastic stay in tented accommodation under the stars in Arenal
- Enjoy various activities and exploration on this holiday including river rafting and much more with various optional tours to add
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Rove City Centre is one of Dubai's newest hotels, offering a year-round outdoor pool and fitness centre. Conveniently...
A modern, stylish and affordable Abu Dhabi hotel conveniently located in within easy access to the Abu Dhabi Airport as...