New Hilton Maldives hotel Opening marks a National Event in the Island
The opening ceremony for the new Hilton Iru Fushi in the Maldives has been something out of the ordinary. In a national celebration the hotel was inaugurated by the country's president himself who was pleased to welcome the new resort addition
The brand new Hilton Iru Fushi in the Maldives has caused a major commotion in the nation as its doors opened early this month to welcome guests to a new world of lush & luxury at this exclusive Maldives hotel. The whole country was gearing up for the celebration of the new re-branding of the Iru Fushi, now part of the Hilton group and yet another addition to the Hilton’s portfolio of Maldives hotels.
It’s not every day that you get a national president to exclusively attend a hotel opening, but since tourism is the main industry in the Maldives, this was the case for President Mohamed Nasheed, who was pleased to open the Hilton’s new Iru Fushi Resort and Spa. By attending the official ceremony and cutting the inauguration bow, the president played his part at promoting the increase of the Maldives holiday appeal with this new resort.
The new resort just became Hilton’s second of 4 Maldives hotels planned, 2 of which are to open in the coming years and the other; The Conrad Maldives which is already open on Rangali Island. From 1st November 2009 the Beach House will join the Waldorf-Astoria Collection and a new Doubletree will open in the island nation’s capital of Malé at some point during 2011.
Located on the island of Medhufushi in the Noonu Atoll, at about 40 miles north of Malé, the new Hilton Maldives hotel looks and feels like 52 acres of pure paradise. President Nasheed said; “I am delighted to be here for the inauguration of hits beautiful resort and am sure that the Hilton family will continue to set the standard for hospitality excellence in the Maldives with its latest opening.” That’s a much more positive reaction than most “Hilton openings” receive. Perhaps that’s also partly due to the fact that Hilton will be supporting local schools and environmental initiatives like the Maldives Whale Shark Research Program, as well as implementing eco-friendly waste management; an innovative programme to maintain the purity of Maldives holidays in the eyes of travellers around the world who come here to find a haven of untouched natural beauty.
This new Hilton Maldives hotel comes packed with many surprises. Among the many special amenities at the new Hilton Iru Fushi Resort and Spa guests will have access to the Hilton Lounge at Malé airport (for all those OCD guests who want to shower and get refreshments before the seaplane ride to the resort). There will also be new in-villa and private dining options at the resort, and half-board and all-inclusive packages; ideal for those families wanting to get the best value out of their Maldives holiday.
To keep guests well fed and liquored up, there will be 4 restaurants and an overwater wine cellar. The new spa will have Thalgo treatments and 21 private pavilions as well as hydrotherapy pools, a fitness center, and yoga facilities. More active guests can get diving instruction, explore nearby reefs, go kite-surfing and big game fishing, or just take a champagne sunset cruise.
As for the pools, there will be an adults-only infinity-edge one, and a separate children’s pool where families can relax together. Parents can enjoy a day away from the spawn by enrolling them in complimentary Kids Club activities. Speaking of pools, the most intriguing perks that everyone’s talking about are the Jacuzzis with iPod connections in the villas, and a private karaoke bar in the Celebrity Suite. A couple of unique new attractions and a first in Maldives hotels!
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Take advantage opf the FREE double room upgrade
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Relaxing location close to the beach
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Exclusive India Sale, Enjoy Huge reductions on all our tours must be booked by 31 August 2017
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
A couples' dream, located between a lush green tropical jungle and a beautiful sandy beach ensures total relaxation
- Enjoy huge savings on this amazing hotel including 'Live It Up' for travel in 2018 slashing higher room category prices
- The Sip, Savor & See Dining Experience includes complimentary dinner, drinks and entertainment at a restaurant or bar at a participating resort of their choice
- Guestrooms and Suites provide a wealth of amenities including a daily refreshed mini bar, 24 hour room and concierge services, a large TV and much more
- The resort has a great location next to a pristine golden sand beach and lush tropical jungle
Indulge in the finer things in life at a luxury five-star retreat and enjoy rocking the night away
- The location on Cancun's tranquil southern shore, provides the perfect rejuivinating base for exploring Cancun.
- The resort is home to one of only two Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Courses in Cancun.
- Enjoy the array of activities including surfing, golf, dolphin swims, tours, spa treatments and much more.
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...