Egypt hotels proud to present its first Cairo boutique resort
According to a recent survey carried by a group of British researchers, Costa Rica and the Dominican Republic came out as the happiest places in the world. The project called Happy Planet Index, rated countries' happiness factor on a range of aspects
One of the newest additions to Egypt hotels comes in an innovative brand new boutique resort, a first in the Egypt hotel industry. An oasis amidst the chaotic Cairo, this haven of tranquillity and serenity is a pure breath of fresh air, perfect for escaping the bustling noise of the Egyptian capital.
Villa Belle Epoque, Cairo's first boutique hotel, opened on 21st March 2009 for its first guests. This new Egypt hotel offers a smaller, more intimate way of experiencing Cairo, located a bit further away from the centre and sitting pretty in the leafy suburbs of the city's Maadi area.
The quaint new Egypt hotel is a restored 1920's townhouse converted into a stunning 13 villas resort just five miles south of the city centre to the east of the Nile. Each guestroom is individually designed using a mixture of contemporary and period styles, combining the best of antique Egyptian grandeur and modern styles. For a cultural stay during your Egypt holidays, the hotel even features a fine collection of contemporary Egyptian art.
The setting is tranquil, with lush gardens date palms and fruit trees surrounding an inviting swimming pool. The original mango and guava trees are now joined by younger peach, apple, olive and lemon trees with plenty of cosy seating areas for guests to sit, relax and take tea or cocktails.
All meals are served at the hotel including lunch and dinner from a choice of Egyptian, Oriental, Italian and French cuisines. The hotel will be organising a high tea to be served on the shores of the Nile at a Plant Nursery from where guests can take a felucca sail boat to enjoy a sunset over the Nile.
Villa Belle Epoque offers guests a concierge service for advice on how to enjoy a different and more personal experience of Cairo. For example, excursions to the Fatimid quarter of the city with its historical houses and trade centres or a night out for dinner at the restaurant of the Azhar Park. Events can range from traditional musical performances, singing, dance or maybe a ballet at the Cairo Opera House. Colonial Maadi still boasts many rare trees brought into the country during the English and French periods. Special tree walks can be organised to view the old gardens of colonial houses, embassies and clubs.
The hotel is a short walk from Maadi's main street, Road 9 where there is a small souk with many small boutiques worth a browse, from gold, silver to copper ware and bookstores. In addition t here are plenty of coffee and tea houses and restaurants as well as the metro station for convenient transport into central Cairo avoiding the traffic of the city.
In short, this brand new Egypt hotel offers the perfect alternative to the larger branded hotels of Cairo's city centre and is the ideal base for a long weekend break to explore the sites and sounds of the lesser know side of Cairo, or before heading off for a Bales .dahabiyya' cruise along the Nile.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Egypt Browse all
Located in the heart of Luxor's tourist district, there is plenty to see and do.
- Luxor Temple, Luxor Museum, Karnak Temple and the Valley of the Kings are easily accessible from the hotel
- A wonderful outdoor pool, where guests can cool off, relax and enjoy the spectacular views of the magnificent Nile. A health club with massage, sauna and fitness room
- A magnificent position right on the banks of the River Nile
Enjoy a unique Nile Cruise on a comfortable ship featuring panoramic views of the Nile from your cabin
- The Swiss Inn Superior Radamis I is a first class Nile Cruise ship which offers a voyage of luxury and discovery
- Each of the spacious cabins offers comfortable furnishings and panoramic views of the Nile
- Amenities on board the Radamis I include a sundeck and pool, a fitness area and a restaurant which serves a variety of dishes
Enjoy a fun-filled stay on King's Island in the Nile River, with plenty of activities on offer at the hotel as well as being only a 10 minute drive away from Luxor downtown
- Cocktails, beverages and light meals are served in the lounge and drinks on deck until sun set
- Great selection of bars and restaurants, with everything from buffet to fine French cuisine, plus the Fellah Tent provides an overview of Oriental traditions
- Leisure facilities include two large swimming pools with waterfalls, separate children's pool and an adults only pool, plus floodlit tennis courts, a jogging track, fishing, an air conditioned gym and more!
Introduce yourself to centuries of history on the River Nile and in Luxor before heading to the world's ancient wonder, the Pyramids and amazing Cairo
- Upgrade to the Full Excursions Package on the Superior Swiss Inn Radamis II Nile Cruise from £199pp
- Great Pyramids of Giza only a stone throw away from the Le Meridien Pyramids
- Enjoy the spectacular views of the River Nile from the Sun Deck on the Superior Swiss Inn Radamis II Nile Cruise
Now you can stop imagining how it would be to visit the cradle of mankind and paddle along the legendary River Nile and...
Venture to the land of the Pharaohs of yore for an unforgettable eight days of leisure and adventure. Luxor is one of...
Start your holiday at Le Méridien Pyramids is beautifully located offering unmatched views of the ancient Pyramids of...
Cairo is one of the world's most important tourist cities; seize this chance to find out what makes this magical city...
Discover a submarine world filled with life while you enjoy the lush facilities and accommodations of the Hilton...
Spoil yourself with an amazing historic holiday in the region of the Great Pyramids of Giza. Since 1869, the Mena House...