Egypt hotels proud to present its first Cairo boutique resort
According to a recent survey carried by a group of British researchers, Costa Rica and the Dominican Republic came out as the happiest places in the world. The project called Happy Planet Index, rated countries' happiness factor on a range of aspects
One of the newest additions to Egypt hotels comes in an innovative brand new boutique resort, a first in the Egypt hotel industry. An oasis amidst the chaotic Cairo, this haven of tranquillity and serenity is a pure breath of fresh air, perfect for escaping the bustling noise of the Egyptian capital.
Villa Belle Epoque, Cairo's first boutique hotel, opened on 21st March 2009 for its first guests. This new Egypt hotel offers a smaller, more intimate way of experiencing Cairo, located a bit further away from the centre and sitting pretty in the leafy suburbs of the city's Maadi area.
The quaint new Egypt hotel is a restored 1920's townhouse converted into a stunning 13 villas resort just five miles south of the city centre to the east of the Nile. Each guestroom is individually designed using a mixture of contemporary and period styles, combining the best of antique Egyptian grandeur and modern styles. For a cultural stay during your Egypt holidays, the hotel even features a fine collection of contemporary Egyptian art.
The setting is tranquil, with lush gardens date palms and fruit trees surrounding an inviting swimming pool. The original mango and guava trees are now joined by younger peach, apple, olive and lemon trees with plenty of cosy seating areas for guests to sit, relax and take tea or cocktails.
All meals are served at the hotel including lunch and dinner from a choice of Egyptian, Oriental, Italian and French cuisines. The hotel will be organising a high tea to be served on the shores of the Nile at a Plant Nursery from where guests can take a felucca sail boat to enjoy a sunset over the Nile.
Villa Belle Epoque offers guests a concierge service for advice on how to enjoy a different and more personal experience of Cairo. For example, excursions to the Fatimid quarter of the city with its historical houses and trade centres or a night out for dinner at the restaurant of the Azhar Park. Events can range from traditional musical performances, singing, dance or maybe a ballet at the Cairo Opera House. Colonial Maadi still boasts many rare trees brought into the country during the English and French periods. Special tree walks can be organised to view the old gardens of colonial houses, embassies and clubs.
The hotel is a short walk from Maadi's main street, Road 9 where there is a small souk with many small boutiques worth a browse, from gold, silver to copper ware and bookstores. In addition t here are plenty of coffee and tea houses and restaurants as well as the metro station for convenient transport into central Cairo avoiding the traffic of the city.
In short, this brand new Egypt hotel offers the perfect alternative to the larger branded hotels of Cairo's city centre and is the ideal base for a long weekend break to explore the sites and sounds of the lesser know side of Cairo, or before heading off for a Bales .dahabiyya' cruise along the Nile.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Egypt Browse all
Relax at Naama Bay with pleasant grounds and wonderful amenities to keep you occupied
- Visitors flock to Pirates, for an eveing drink, before or after sampling some wonderful cuisine in the array of restaurants
- Prime spot in Naama bay, as it was one of the first hotels in the area. The grounds are well tended and mature, with colourful plants and shrubs throughout
- Guest accommodation is discrete, with low rise bungalows dotted throughout the beautiful garden setting. Rooms and suites are light and airy, are tastefully furnished and come with all modern amenities
Ideal for those who love the sun and sea with its own private beach and marina, a professional diving centre, a water sports centre and swimming pools.
- A prime location, beside a lovely sandy beach, just minutes from buzz of downtown Hurghada
- Kids can enjoy their own kids' club and pool, whilst adults can play tennis, squash or beach volleyball
- Guests can unwind and enjoy the magnificent view from their private balcony
Enjoy access to 3 protected beaches, close proximity to the trendy strip of Naama Bay and its sizzling nightlife
- There is a myriad of activities on offer from relaxing treatments at the Club Olympus Spa to exciting land and water sports
- Choose from fantastic dining options including seasonal specialities, a charcoal grill, and Thai cuisine
- Adventure seekers can enjoy jeep safaris, quad bikes, mountain treks, and camel expeditions
Splash in the Red Sea, marvel at the marine life and enjoy the luxuries at this all suite Red Sea Beach resort
- Enjoy pure luxury at this all suite resort
- Rejuvenate your body and relax your mind in the Beautifully appointed Oberoi Spa
- Voted the No. 1 hotel in Hurghada by Trip Advisor
Enjoy six days of sun and sand accompanied by uninterrupted leisure at Egypt's sought-after Sharm El Sheikh resort town...
Sharm El Sheikh is one of Egypt's best kept secrets. Spend six blissful days here enjoying the beauty of the Sinai...
Venture into the land of the pyramids and Pharaohs for a holiday you'll never forget. Besides the incredible history of...
Luxor is one Egypt's most captivating cities, replete with historic monuments such as the ancient tombs of the Valley of...
Enjoy a week-long stay in the land of the pharaohs by the banks of the legendary River Nile. While in the city of Luxor...
Renaissance Golden View Beach Resort nestles into a dramatic headland overlooking the Ras Mohammed National Park. This...