Egypt hotels proud to present its first Cairo boutique resort
According to a recent survey carried by a group of British researchers, Costa Rica and the Dominican Republic came out as the happiest places in the world. The project called Happy Planet Index, rated countries' happiness factor on a range of aspects
One of the newest additions to Egypt hotels comes in an innovative brand new boutique resort, a first in the Egypt hotel industry. An oasis amidst the chaotic Cairo, this haven of tranquillity and serenity is a pure breath of fresh air, perfect for escaping the bustling noise of the Egyptian capital.
Villa Belle Epoque, Cairo's first boutique hotel, opened on 21st March 2009 for its first guests. This new Egypt hotel offers a smaller, more intimate way of experiencing Cairo, located a bit further away from the centre and sitting pretty in the leafy suburbs of the city's Maadi area.
The quaint new Egypt hotel is a restored 1920's townhouse converted into a stunning 13 villas resort just five miles south of the city centre to the east of the Nile. Each guestroom is individually designed using a mixture of contemporary and period styles, combining the best of antique Egyptian grandeur and modern styles. For a cultural stay during your Egypt holidays, the hotel even features a fine collection of contemporary Egyptian art.
The setting is tranquil, with lush gardens date palms and fruit trees surrounding an inviting swimming pool. The original mango and guava trees are now joined by younger peach, apple, olive and lemon trees with plenty of cosy seating areas for guests to sit, relax and take tea or cocktails.
All meals are served at the hotel including lunch and dinner from a choice of Egyptian, Oriental, Italian and French cuisines. The hotel will be organising a high tea to be served on the shores of the Nile at a Plant Nursery from where guests can take a felucca sail boat to enjoy a sunset over the Nile.
Villa Belle Epoque offers guests a concierge service for advice on how to enjoy a different and more personal experience of Cairo. For example, excursions to the Fatimid quarter of the city with its historical houses and trade centres or a night out for dinner at the restaurant of the Azhar Park. Events can range from traditional musical performances, singing, dance or maybe a ballet at the Cairo Opera House. Colonial Maadi still boasts many rare trees brought into the country during the English and French periods. Special tree walks can be organised to view the old gardens of colonial houses, embassies and clubs.
The hotel is a short walk from Maadi's main street, Road 9 where there is a small souk with many small boutiques worth a browse, from gold, silver to copper ware and bookstores. In addition t here are plenty of coffee and tea houses and restaurants as well as the metro station for convenient transport into central Cairo avoiding the traffic of the city.
In short, this brand new Egypt hotel offers the perfect alternative to the larger branded hotels of Cairo's city centre and is the ideal base for a long weekend break to explore the sites and sounds of the lesser know side of Cairo, or before heading off for a Bales .dahabiyya' cruise along the Nile.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Egypt Browse all
Stay on the MS Royal VIking before a stay at the luxurious Sonesta St. George Luxor
- Sail the Nile in luxurious style onboard the newest, most magnificent floating hotel on the River Nile
- This cruise and hotel combine perfectly for a fantastic holiday
- Five star splendour on the banks of the Nile at Sonesta St. George Luxor
Soma Bay Diving Centre offers guests a chance to explore the magnificent coral reefs in the tranquil calm waters of the Red Sea.
- The hotel's dramatic architecture was inspired by the temple at Karnak, combining the splendours of ancient egypt with the comforts of the modern world
- Guests can take advantage of the natural healing powers of the renowned waters and sands of Soma Bay
- The Red sea is renowned for its marine life so guests can take full advantage of the wonderful diving and snorkelling opportunities
Enjoy an Egyptian holiday of a lifetime, exploring Cairo and Luxor along with a fantastic cruise included
Stay in Cairo, Luxor and journey through the nile on a fantastic Cruise, given you the chance to discover Egypt
- Steigenberger Hotel Nile Palace is set in the heart of Luxor, close to the Temple of Luxor and with a magnificent position right on the banks of the River Nile.
- Ms Royal Viking is a smart, sophisticated ambience with all amenities included for that relaxing sail along the ancient River Nile
- Le Meridien Pyramids is set in landscaped gardens, equipped with two heated swimming pools and bar, Le Meridien enjoys spectacular views of the Pyramids, just a short drive from Cairo.
Introduce yourself to centuries of history on the River Nile and in Luxor before heading to the world's ancient wonder, the Pyramids and amazing Cairo
- Upgrade to the Full Excursions Package on the Superior Swiss Inn Radamis II Nile Cruise from £249pp
- Great Pyramids of Giza only a stone throw away from the Le Meridien Pyramids
- Enjoy the spectacular views of the River Nile from the Sun Deck on the Superior Swiss Inn Radamis II Nile Cruise
Discover Egypt's beautiful capital as you take a 15-day holiday at the amazing Sofitel El Gezirah hotel. Set on a small...
M/S Royal Viking Itinerary (7 nights) Day One (Monday) Meet & assist al Luxor airport by our local representative....
The Oberoi Sahl Hasheesh is a luxurious all-suite resort located in Hurghada on Egypt's Red Sea Coast. This secluded...
Cairo is a place of rich contrasts; a bustling metropolis which still hosts some of Egypt's most treasured historical...
Enter into the colourful clash of cultures that is Cairo and marvel at the ageless monuments that adorn the capital of...
Discover a submarine world filled with life while you enjoy the lush facilities and accommodations of the Hilton...