New luxury Turks and Caicos hotel by Ritz-Carlton still awaiting opening date
Eager onlookers will have to wait a bit longer before they can see the new Ritz-Carlton Turks and Caicos hotel opening its doors. After a series of events which incurred in delays the project is once again underway but no finishing date has been set yet
Ritz-Carlton's new Turks and Caicos hotel has anxious spectators looking on as the hotel fails to set a completion date to its construction. The exotic holiday world eagerly awaits the opening date to this most exclusive of Turks and Caicos hotels set in a lush uninhabited reserve surrounded by nothing but pure nature and sea.
The new Molasses Reef by Ritz-Carlton Reserve was initially meant to be up and running by late 2008 but its official opening kept being postponed and delayed and to this date the resort has not decided on a final launch date. The reasons behind this poor time management and lack of information might sound a little like something taken from a movie.
Last thing we heard involved something as exciting as hostage-taking on the island. Yes! You heard it right, a series of events somehow linked to the Ritz-Carlton development of this Turks and Caicos hotel was the reason for further delay. Apparently the entire resort project went on hold a few weeks ago when the financing bank became insolvent and the Chinese workers on the island hadn't been paid since June and so they decided to take their Israeli bosses hostage and demanded their pay.
Thankfully it's all been resolved now (and the workers have been paid) but it doesn't shed any light on how soon work will be resumed again for Ritz Carlton's new Turk and Caicos hotel. It looks like we'll have to keep patiently waiting for this new tropical paradise to be unveiled.
Part of a unique private nature reserve owned by Ritz Carlton the new Molasses Reef Turks and Caicos hotel will be a perfect hideaway retreat on a private secluded island, reachable only by boat, small plane or helicopter. So exclusive will this new resort be that already a bunch of A-listers will be lining up for the opening of its doors.
Blending traditional Caribbean influences with verdant garden courtyards and secluded plunge pools, Molasses Reef, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve will feature:
- 125 sea-swept suites and 75 private, Ritz-Carlton branded Island Villas
- Three restaurants created by renowned Chef Gray Kunz
- A natural wildlife sanctuary, two national parks and an array of archaeological and cultural sites
- A full-service spa, offering indigenous treatments
- Ocean-front guest suites with private terraces, overlooking more than a half mile of pristine Caribbean beach
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Turks and Caicos Browse all
12 miles of pristine beach as well as plenty of Adults Only facilities
- Enjoy HALF PRICE luxury accommodation, a FREE CATAMARAN EXCURSION, plus an extra £55 off booking bonus with 'The Sandals 2 FOR 1 SALE’
- An abudance of Restaurants and Bars 16 International Restaurants and 6 Bars
- Dont miss out on the Pirates Island Water Park for everyone to enjoy
- Pamper yourself at Beaches signature Red Lane Spa