Mandarin Oriental to build its first super-luxe Maldives hotel
The luxurious Asian hotel chain, Mandarin Oriental is once again expanding its horizons with a new Indian Ocean hotel in the Maldives. Its first ever resort there will be located on the private island of Maavelavaru and is set to open by 2010
The extra luxurious and prestigious Asian hotel and resorts group Mandarin Oriental is ready to expand its horizons into other Indian Ocean holiday destinations and it has done so by venturing into the Maldives with its first ever resort to be ready by 2010.
Beautifully located on the private island of Maavelavaru in the Noonu Atoll the new super-luxe and ultra-exclusive resort is being developed over lush hectares encircled by 5 kilometres of uninterrupted white sand beaches, turquoise blue lagoons and colourful reefs for which the region is famous for.
This fabulous new Maldives hotel will offer guests with the ultimate in luxury, space and privacy with 114 spacious stand-alone villas, including 20 water villas and 4 Presidential villas, ranging in size from 300 to 1,750 square metres. For the most romantic of Maldives holidays each secluded villa will be surrounded by generous landscaping, providing total privacy, while opening onto a private pool and the lush vegetation of a serene garden with sweeping ocean vistas. All are designed with exquisite and pampering interiors, with indoor and outdoor bathing options, using a combination of Maldivian architecture and internationally-sourced materials. For that true sense of seclusion and serenity during a relaxing Maldives holiday guests can opt for the largest of the villas, which has private spa facilities, and the water villas extend over a lively coral reef affording stunning sunrise and sunset views. Mandarin Oriental's seamless technology and superior entertainment systems, for which the Group is renowned, are employed throughout.
Edouard Ettedgui, Group Chief Executive of Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group declared:
"Mandarin Oriental, Maldives will be a unique and extraordinarily private hideaway retreat that offers our guests tranquillity and seclusion in a stunning, natural setting. We look forward to bringing Mandarin Oriental's renowned levels of service to this important leisure destination"
For those over-indulgence seekers The Spa at the Mandarin Oriental will be a holiday destination in its own right with a spacious centre located within 13,000 square metres of tropical gardens with 14 expansive treatment villas and six treatment suites, situated around a lavish outdoor Jacuzzi. Each villa consists of four separate pavilions dedicated to Mandarin Oriental's welcome rituals, signature treatments, water and heat therapies and relaxation areas, allowing guests to be guided through an intimate and personalised spa journey.
"We are delighted to be working with Mandarin Oriental on creating the most exclusive resort in The Maldives," said Ibrahim Abdul Latheef, Managing Director of Athama Investments Pvt. Ltd. "On opening, this luxurious retreat will embody Mandarin Oriental's legendary service philosophy and the unique sense of place inherent to all its hotels," he added.
If all this doesn't sound tempting enough we can let you in the fact that this exclusive retreat will be 115 miles from the capital of the Maldives and its main airport, meaning that this resort will only be reachable by seaplane transfer...How does that sound for exotic?
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Explore stunning coral reefs in your private piece of heaven on earth where the sparkling white sands will caress your toes as the warm turquoise waters gently kiss your skin.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner, snacks, top-shelf beverages and selected sports all come included in the price of your stay
- Discover the stunning coral reefs, go out on a fishing trip or have a go at water skiing, amongst other activities
- Overlook the Indian Ocean from your room and step out onto the white soft sands the Maldives is famous for
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
All villas are surrounded by palm trees or on stilts over the lagoon, making for a memorable stay.
- Free Upgarde from Half Board to All Inclusive! Book Now!
- Set on the tropical island of Dhuni Kolhu surrounded by warm waters of the Indian Ocean, and located only 30 minutes by sea plane from Male International Airport.
- Witness schools of dolphins playing in the azure waters or try fishing in the traditional Maldivian way while enjoying breath-taking sunset
- Find a state of relaxation with a variety of different treatments and massages created to indulge personal desires for well-being
Follow secret pathways through tropical gardens, savour exquisite cuisine, scuba dive to spot whale sharks or simply chill on the sands...
- Special touches include: cinema screenings on the beach, secret bars and a message in a bottle with a hidden surprise
- Enjoy access to some of Maldives' most beautiful dive sites and explore the depths of the Indian Ocean
- Take your pick from seven exquisite restaurants and six lively bars
The Nalaguraidhoo Island of the Maldives is one of the most sublime coastal landscapes you'll ever lay eyes, what with...
Adaaran Club Rannalhi is regarded as one of the best hotels in Maldives, sitting exclusively at the tip of the South...
Venture to the Lhaviyani Atoll in the Maldives islands to experience a holiday like no other. This section of the...
Fun Island offers a wonderful blend of ‘Fun and Sun’. The Massive lagoon of the island provides ideal conditions for a...
Escape from day-to-day life for a while and take refuge in the Asian paradise of the Maldives while you spend 8 days...
The island of Bandos is a perfect setting for that romantic getaway or those two weeks of bliss away from work. The...