Mandarin Oriental to build its first super-luxe Maldives hotel
The luxurious Asian hotel chain, Mandarin Oriental is once again expanding its horizons with a new Indian Ocean hotel in the Maldives. Its first ever resort there will be located on the private island of Maavelavaru and is set to open by 2010
The extra luxurious and prestigious Asian hotel and resorts group Mandarin Oriental is ready to expand its horizons into other Indian Ocean holiday destinations and it has done so by venturing into the Maldives with its first ever resort to be ready by 2010.
Beautifully located on the private island of Maavelavaru in the Noonu Atoll the new super-luxe and ultra-exclusive resort is being developed over lush hectares encircled by 5 kilometres of uninterrupted white sand beaches, turquoise blue lagoons and colourful reefs for which the region is famous for.
This fabulous new Maldives hotel will offer guests with the ultimate in luxury, space and privacy with 114 spacious stand-alone villas, including 20 water villas and 4 Presidential villas, ranging in size from 300 to 1,750 square metres. For the most romantic of Maldives holidays each secluded villa will be surrounded by generous landscaping, providing total privacy, while opening onto a private pool and the lush vegetation of a serene garden with sweeping ocean vistas. All are designed with exquisite and pampering interiors, with indoor and outdoor bathing options, using a combination of Maldivian architecture and internationally-sourced materials. For that true sense of seclusion and serenity during a relaxing Maldives holiday guests can opt for the largest of the villas, which has private spa facilities, and the water villas extend over a lively coral reef affording stunning sunrise and sunset views. Mandarin Oriental's seamless technology and superior entertainment systems, for which the Group is renowned, are employed throughout.
Edouard Ettedgui, Group Chief Executive of Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group declared:
"Mandarin Oriental, Maldives will be a unique and extraordinarily private hideaway retreat that offers our guests tranquillity and seclusion in a stunning, natural setting. We look forward to bringing Mandarin Oriental's renowned levels of service to this important leisure destination"
For those over-indulgence seekers The Spa at the Mandarin Oriental will be a holiday destination in its own right with a spacious centre located within 13,000 square metres of tropical gardens with 14 expansive treatment villas and six treatment suites, situated around a lavish outdoor Jacuzzi. Each villa consists of four separate pavilions dedicated to Mandarin Oriental's welcome rituals, signature treatments, water and heat therapies and relaxation areas, allowing guests to be guided through an intimate and personalised spa journey.
"We are delighted to be working with Mandarin Oriental on creating the most exclusive resort in The Maldives," said Ibrahim Abdul Latheef, Managing Director of Athama Investments Pvt. Ltd. "On opening, this luxurious retreat will embody Mandarin Oriental's legendary service philosophy and the unique sense of place inherent to all its hotels," he added.
If all this doesn't sound tempting enough we can let you in the fact that this exclusive retreat will be 115 miles from the capital of the Maldives and its main airport, meaning that this resort will only be reachable by seaplane transfer...How does that sound for exotic?
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Explore an underwater world of breathtaking beauty and laze on the finest white sands at Sun Island Resort, a tropical paradise of peace and serenity.
- exclusive rate reduction for our clients
- Enjoy endless activities including scuba diving, snorkelling, water-skiing and more
- Tickle your taste buds with rich flavours and innovative cuisine that incorporates exotic Thai and Oriental influences
Paradise Island suits a range of lifestyles from relaxing at the Araamu Spa to surfing the great waves.
- This magnificent spa is almost completely surrounded by the azure waters of the Indian Ocean, creating a perfect location for relaxing and theraputic treatments
- Paradise island is just one kilometre long and 230 metres wide, surrounded by pristine beaches and off shore reefs that teem with excellent marine life waiting for guests to explore
- fresh produce arrives daily for the master chef and team to deliver sumptuous dishes, delicately flavoured. Restaurants include japanese, italian, 24 hour a la carte coffee shop and main restaurant serving international buffets
Kurumba Island is a dream resort with so much to dazzle guests that most return over and over again.
- Choose from an ample choice of excellent dining options, top recreational activities and fantastic entertainment
- Just a 10-minute boat drive to paradise nestled amidst tropical gardens and white sandy beaches
- For keen marine enthusiasts a house reef is only a few feet away from the island
Explore stunning coral reefs in your private piece of heaven on earth where the sparkling white sands will caress your toes as the warm turquoise waters gently kiss your skin.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner, snacks, top-shelf beverages and selected sports all come included in the price of your stay
- Discover the stunning coral reefs, go out on a fishing trip or have a go at water skiing, amongst other activities
- Overlook the Indian Ocean from your room and step out onto the white soft sands the Maldives is famous for
The Nalaguraidhoo Island of the Maldives is one of the most sublime coastal landscapes you'll ever lay eyes, what with...
Venture to the Lhaviyani Atoll in the Maldives islands to experience a holiday like no other. This section of the...
If you are looking for serenity and tranquillity coupled with luxurious elegance, then Adaaran Select Meedhupparu is the...
Fun Island offers a wonderful blend of ‘Fun and Sun’. The Massive lagoon of the island provides ideal conditions for a...
Escape from day-to-day life for a while and take refuge in the Asian paradise of the Maldives while you spend 8 days...
The island of Bandos is a perfect setting for that romantic getaway or those two weeks of bliss away from work. The...