Emirates ups Sri Lanka and Maldives holidays with new flights
Emirates have announced plans to extend their presence in Maldives and Sri Lanka with a new set of flights departing from Male and Colombo. With these new frequencies the airline will be creating a total of 9 new flights to these Indian Ocean destinations
Dubai based Emirates airline has unveiled plans to extend its presence in the Sri Lankan and Maldives holiday market with a new set of flights between Male and Colombo. With the addition of these new frequencies the airline will be creating a total of 9 new flights to these two favourite Indian Ocean holiday destinations.
The airline now steps up to serve those home passengers that depart from the UAE's capital city of Dubai and who want direct routes to get them to their Maldives and Sri Lanka holidays with more flexibility and choice of times and dates. But this is good news even for overseas passengers departing from other cities (such as London, Manchester or Frankfurt) who are looking for multi/ twin holidays and want connecting flights to Sri Lanka or Maldives as their final holiday destination. Now they will find that with these new Indian Ocean routes, Emirates will cater with a wider choice of available times and dates as well as the addition of a new novel flight operating a circular route: "Dubai . Male . Colombo . Dubai" for inspirational Dubai holidays combined with Sri Lanka and Maldives holidays. This will aid tour operators and travel agents with the planning of customers' holiday destinations by extending the possibilities of Dubai travel with a flyover and/ or stopover at Sri Lanka, Maldives or both. With the inclusion of these new Emirates frequencies to the Indian Ocean, travellers can have 3 different East-Asian holidays rolled into one"
The Arab Gulf's main and largest airline has announced further expansion plans as it adds 4 new frequencies to its Male services in Sri Lanka and 5 to Colombo in the Maldives. The new additions will bring up the airline's frequency to Sri Lanka to a total of 18 flights weekly and 14 weekly flights to the Maldives. The additional services will benefit all interested in combinable Middle East and Indian Ocean holidays with the Emirates being able offer passengers the convenience of morning, afternoon and evening departures from Dubai.
The new route "Dubai . Male . Colombo . Dubai" will be flying every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. On top of these new frequencies Emirates will also introduce an additional direct connection between Dubai and Colombo every Friday and another 2 connections between Dubai and Male on Wednesday and Friday.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 15th Dec
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
The land of endless natural beauty, with ancient sight and cultural treasure, you'll be sure to embark on a holiday of a lifetime
- Unforgettable experience at Yala Safari
- English speaking chauffer guide during the roundtrip
- Transport in a comfortable vehicle
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...