Emirates ups Sri Lanka and Maldives holidays with new flights
Emirates have announced plans to extend their presence in Maldives and Sri Lanka with a new set of flights departing from Male and Colombo. With these new frequencies the airline will be creating a total of 9 new flights to these Indian Ocean destinations
Dubai based Emirates airline has unveiled plans to extend its presence in the Sri Lankan and Maldives holiday market with a new set of flights between Male and Colombo. With the addition of these new frequencies the airline will be creating a total of 9 new flights to these two favourite Indian Ocean holiday destinations.
The airline now steps up to serve those home passengers that depart from the UAE's capital city of Dubai and who want direct routes to get them to their Maldives and Sri Lanka holidays with more flexibility and choice of times and dates. But this is good news even for overseas passengers departing from other cities (such as London, Manchester or Frankfurt) who are looking for multi/ twin holidays and want connecting flights to Sri Lanka or Maldives as their final holiday destination. Now they will find that with these new Indian Ocean routes, Emirates will cater with a wider choice of available times and dates as well as the addition of a new novel flight operating a circular route: "Dubai . Male . Colombo . Dubai" for inspirational Dubai holidays combined with Sri Lanka and Maldives holidays. This will aid tour operators and travel agents with the planning of customers' holiday destinations by extending the possibilities of Dubai travel with a flyover and/ or stopover at Sri Lanka, Maldives or both. With the inclusion of these new Emirates frequencies to the Indian Ocean, travellers can have 3 different East-Asian holidays rolled into one"
The Arab Gulf's main and largest airline has announced further expansion plans as it adds 4 new frequencies to its Male services in Sri Lanka and 5 to Colombo in the Maldives. The new additions will bring up the airline's frequency to Sri Lanka to a total of 18 flights weekly and 14 weekly flights to the Maldives. The additional services will benefit all interested in combinable Middle East and Indian Ocean holidays with the Emirates being able offer passengers the convenience of morning, afternoon and evening departures from Dubai.
The new route "Dubai . Male . Colombo . Dubai" will be flying every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. On top of these new frequencies Emirates will also introduce an additional direct connection between Dubai and Colombo every Friday and another 2 connections between Dubai and Male on Wednesday and Friday.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal in Agra, experience a feast to remember with a traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- An English-Speaking local Guide will take you around the sightseeing & excursion tours as per the itinerary
While staying at the hotel you will be able to enjoy Unlimited-Luxury sure to make your Dominican Republic holiday one to never forget
- Five swimming pools including an infinity pool, a children’s pool, a salt water pool and two private Preferred Club pools
- Adults at Now Onyx have full access to Breathless Punta Cana next door including a casino, the After Dark nightclub, the relax Spa by Pevonia®, a fitness center and 20 additional dining and bar options
- All ground floor suites are swim up suites offering access to a pool directly from their terrace
Stretching along a blessed mile of powdery soft sands, this all-inclusive resort is the perfect place for endless family fun.
- The Kids Club has an outdoor playground and kids-only pool while the Teen Centre for over 13s offers a great variety of fun activities
- Enjoy a FREE glass bottom boat trip, island jeep safari and island coach tour
- Fantastic location 30 minutes to Bridgetown, 5 minutes to Speightstown and 15 minutes to Holetown, there is plenty to explore around the Almond Beach Resort
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Located by the picturesque St. Paul's Bay, Porto Azzurro Hotel is only 10 minutes away from Malta's main sandy beaches...
Located on the Atlantic coast at the mouth of the Souss Valley, Agadir is Morocco’s slice of coastal cool....
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...