Emirates ups Sri Lanka and Maldives holidays with new flights
Emirates have announced plans to extend their presence in Maldives and Sri Lanka with a new set of flights departing from Male and Colombo. With these new frequencies the airline will be creating a total of 9 new flights to these Indian Ocean destinations
Dubai based Emirates airline has unveiled plans to extend its presence in the Sri Lankan and Maldives holiday market with a new set of flights between Male and Colombo. With the addition of these new frequencies the airline will be creating a total of 9 new flights to these two favourite Indian Ocean holiday destinations.
The airline now steps up to serve those home passengers that depart from the UAE's capital city of Dubai and who want direct routes to get them to their Maldives and Sri Lanka holidays with more flexibility and choice of times and dates. But this is good news even for overseas passengers departing from other cities (such as London, Manchester or Frankfurt) who are looking for multi/ twin holidays and want connecting flights to Sri Lanka or Maldives as their final holiday destination. Now they will find that with these new Indian Ocean routes, Emirates will cater with a wider choice of available times and dates as well as the addition of a new novel flight operating a circular route: "Dubai . Male . Colombo . Dubai" for inspirational Dubai holidays combined with Sri Lanka and Maldives holidays. This will aid tour operators and travel agents with the planning of customers' holiday destinations by extending the possibilities of Dubai travel with a flyover and/ or stopover at Sri Lanka, Maldives or both. With the inclusion of these new Emirates frequencies to the Indian Ocean, travellers can have 3 different East-Asian holidays rolled into one"
The Arab Gulf's main and largest airline has announced further expansion plans as it adds 4 new frequencies to its Male services in Sri Lanka and 5 to Colombo in the Maldives. The new additions will bring up the airline's frequency to Sri Lanka to a total of 18 flights weekly and 14 weekly flights to the Maldives. The additional services will benefit all interested in combinable Middle East and Indian Ocean holidays with the Emirates being able offer passengers the convenience of morning, afternoon and evening departures from Dubai.
The new route "Dubai . Male . Colombo . Dubai" will be flying every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. On top of these new frequencies Emirates will also introduce an additional direct connection between Dubai and Colombo every Friday and another 2 connections between Dubai and Male on Wednesday and Friday.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
- Free upgrade to Deluxe Pool View
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Visit Jaipur's Hawa Mahal, an icon of Rajashtani architecture and the ethereally beautiful Taj mahal of Agra
- Perfect tour to introduce you to India, Home to the cities of Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, the golden triangle is an area of extraordinary cultural wealth and splendour.
- Experience the street life of Delhi, Delhi is a city like no other, with teeming bazaars and the Great Mosque in Old Delhi
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- This package offers little touches to make your holiday extra special including a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking for adventure or relaxation
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Located just 150 yards from the pretty seaside promenade in the popular resort of Qawra, the Hotel Santana is ideally...
Discover the hidden treasure in Abu Dhabi that is Crowne Plaza in Yas Island. It is the ideal accommodation for those...