Emirates ups Sri Lanka and Maldives holidays with new flights
Emirates have announced plans to extend their presence in Maldives and Sri Lanka with a new set of flights departing from Male and Colombo. With these new frequencies the airline will be creating a total of 9 new flights to these Indian Ocean destinations
Dubai based Emirates airline has unveiled plans to extend its presence in the Sri Lankan and Maldives holiday market with a new set of flights between Male and Colombo. With the addition of these new frequencies the airline will be creating a total of 9 new flights to these two favourite Indian Ocean holiday destinations.
The airline now steps up to serve those home passengers that depart from the UAE's capital city of Dubai and who want direct routes to get them to their Maldives and Sri Lanka holidays with more flexibility and choice of times and dates. But this is good news even for overseas passengers departing from other cities (such as London, Manchester or Frankfurt) who are looking for multi/ twin holidays and want connecting flights to Sri Lanka or Maldives as their final holiday destination. Now they will find that with these new Indian Ocean routes, Emirates will cater with a wider choice of available times and dates as well as the addition of a new novel flight operating a circular route: "Dubai . Male . Colombo . Dubai" for inspirational Dubai holidays combined with Sri Lanka and Maldives holidays. This will aid tour operators and travel agents with the planning of customers' holiday destinations by extending the possibilities of Dubai travel with a flyover and/ or stopover at Sri Lanka, Maldives or both. With the inclusion of these new Emirates frequencies to the Indian Ocean, travellers can have 3 different East-Asian holidays rolled into one"
The Arab Gulf's main and largest airline has announced further expansion plans as it adds 4 new frequencies to its Male services in Sri Lanka and 5 to Colombo in the Maldives. The new additions will bring up the airline's frequency to Sri Lanka to a total of 18 flights weekly and 14 weekly flights to the Maldives. The additional services will benefit all interested in combinable Middle East and Indian Ocean holidays with the Emirates being able offer passengers the convenience of morning, afternoon and evening departures from Dubai.
The new route "Dubai . Male . Colombo . Dubai" will be flying every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. On top of these new frequencies Emirates will also introduce an additional direct connection between Dubai and Colombo every Friday and another 2 connections between Dubai and Male on Wednesday and Friday.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Head to Promthep Cape for the most beautiful sunset in Thailand
- Relaxing location close to the beach
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
A resort where there is something for everyone
- FAMILY PACKAGES from £ 1899 for a family of 2 adults & 2 kids below 12
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- up to 2 children eat and stay for free
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits including a room upgrade to make your holiday extra special
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
The Topaz Hotel is perfect for those who want to explore St Paul's bay and Malta's rugged countryside. Affordable and...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...