World's Largest Swimming Pool to Be Built at Sharm El Sheikh
Crystal Lagoons, the creators of the world's largest swimming pool, has a new ambitious task as part of a major building plan to take place in Sharm El Sheikh. Among their projects there will be a new record-breaking pool measuring 8.8 hectares in size
A new ambitious project by Crystal Lagoons, (the creator of the world's largest swimming pool) is taking place at Sharm El Sheikh, right in the middle of the Egyptian dessert, as part of a major building plan that also includes the development of new five star Sharm El Sheikh hotels, some 30,000 real estate properties, a museum and a shopping centre.
This new magnificent construction is set to revolutionise Sharm El Sheikh holidays and increase the popularity of this already popular beach holiday destination in Egypt. The gigantic new pool will consist of 12 giant lagoons that will be built right at Sharm El Sheikh's beach. These beautiful crystal clear pools will be a unique feature to add to the many existing and mystical charms of this Egyptian oasis in the midst of the dessert.
The biggest of these pools will be measuring no less than 8.8 hectares in size, becoming the largest in the world after the one in San Alfonso del Mar, Chile, which has an area of 8 hectares. Also built by Crystal Lagoons, the latter 1km-long wonder will soon be surpassed by its Egyptian sibling set amidst ultra-luxurious Sharm El Sheikh hotels and becoming the first of other 4 tourist projects that will take place in Sharm El Sheikh, Hurghada and Alexandria.
Set to be finished soon with its completion date expected to be somewhere around July 2009, this new awe-inspire attraction will drive much interest from curious holidaymakers that might want to personally experience the vastness of this oasis in an indulging Sharm El Sheikh holiday.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Sharm El Sheikh Browse all
This modern resort offers an ideal location for a family friendly stay close to beautiful sandy beaches
- Just 10 minutes by bus from a lovely stretch of some of the finest sandy beaches
- Dive deep into clear waters of the Red Sea to enjoy colourful coral reefs and explore a variety of fish and marine life
- Sol y Mar Sharks Bay offers a variety of restaurants, a lobby bar & terrace, an Internet cafe and a shuttle bus to the nearby beach
Relax at Naama Bay with pleasant grounds and wonderful amenities to keep you occupied
- Visitors flock to Pirates, for an eveing drink, before or after sampling some wonderful cuisine in the array of restaurants
- Prime spot in Naama bay, as it was one of the first hotels in the area. The grounds are well tended and mature, with colourful plants and shrubs throughout
- Guest accommodation is discrete, with low rise bungalows dotted throughout the beautiful garden setting. Rooms and suites are light and airy, are tastefully furnished and come with all modern amenities
Enjoy access to 3 protected beaches, close proximity to the trendy strip of Naama Bay and its sizzling nightlife
- There is a myriad of activities on offer from relaxing treatments at the Club Olympus Spa to exciting land and water sports
- Choose from fantastic dining options including seasonal specialities, a charcoal grill, and Thai cuisine
- Adventure seekers can enjoy jeep safaris, quad bikes, mountain treks, and camel expeditions
Enjoy six days of sun and sand accompanied by uninterrupted leisure at Egypt's sought-after Sharm El Sheikh resort town...
Sharm El Sheikh is one of Egypt's best kept secrets. Spend six blissful days here enjoying the beauty of the Sinai...
Venture into the land of the pyramids and Pharaohs for a holiday you'll never forget. Besides the incredible history of...
Experience utter luxury as you enjoy eight days of uninterrupted R&R along Egypt's Red Sea shores. But apart from sun...
Egypt's Red Sea coastline is one of the country's leading tourist destinations, especially among UK holidaymakers as it...
Renaissance Golden View Beach Resort nestles into a dramatic headland overlooking the Ras Mohammed National Park. This...