Cuba holidays are an ideal Caribbean destination
The UNWTO has declared Cuba an ideal holiday destination after having arrived in Havana to discuss projects with the Cuban Tourism Ministry. The UNWTO emphasized on the island's amazing potential & the possibility of expanding its product offering
The Secretary-General ad interim of the UN World Tourism Organisation (UNWTO) has declared Cuba an ideal travel and holiday destination for tourists. Having arrived in Havana last week to discuss cooperation projects with the Cuban Tourism Ministry, Taleb Rifai expressed his opinion that Cuba was ready to offer high quality services to visitors and become one of the best destinations not only for its natural resources but also for its cultural richness and diversity.
Commenting on Cuba's amazing potential as a holiday destination the UNWTO official emphasised on the island's possibility of further developing and diversifying its product offerings such as with the opening of new Cuba hotels in undeveloped areas and praised the country's existing values such as its music, food and particularly the Cubans' exceptional hospitality and love.
During his press conference in Havana he reiterated his organisation's support of the development of the leisure industry in the Caribbean archipelago and further expressed his impression that there was much to be gained from Cuba holidays for travellers and visitors. The Cuba experience, he declared, was something that could really enrich a travel experience.
Cuba travel has been much enhanced during the few last years as the Cuban government has made every effort to improve its tourism infrastructure with the building of new Cuba hotels and the opening up of new Cuba resorts in some areas that were practically unexploited before. The increase in volume of visitors over the last years has meant that a lot more has been done to improve the whole Cuba package, with the creation of Cuba excursions, new Cuba tours and the addition of many new Cuba experiences for tourists to enjoy.
The UNWTO Secretary-General's only last remark was that he wished that all US citizens could freely enjoy Cuba travel and access to the island but noted that the lifting of all travel restrictions depended only on the US government. "Nevertheless, we know that American private tour-operators support efforts to eliminate these restrictions" Rifai pointed out.
For his part, the UNWTO's regional representative for the Americas, Carlos Vogeler (who accompanied Rifai on his trip) also added that, in spite of the current world crisis, tourism in Cuba and in other Latin American countries continues to grow over the international average. Rifai concluded lastly by adding that Cuba travel is indeed growing stronger each day and on an ending note he invited travellers around the world to add this to their list of holiday destinations not to miss.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
Enjoy an amazing twin centre full of enjoyment for everyone at occidental miramar and breezes bella costa
The two hotels combine for an amazing holiday experience fit for everyone from couples to families at occidental miramar and breezes bella
- The Memories Miramar Havana is located in an elegant residential neighbourhood of Miramar and enjoys beautiful ocean views
- Both hotels offer fantastic amenities and facilities which makes the hotels a great choice for both families and couples
- Bella Costa is located on one of the world's finest beaches - Varadero
Indulge in a couples special retreat that includes a Deluxe Havana City Break and Luxury Adults-Only All Inclusive Beach Escape in Varadero
- The perfect 5* multi centre mixing exciting city life with a pampering beach retreat in romantic Cuba
- The luxury all suite Paradisus Princesa Del Mar Resort and Spa is situated on the pristine Varadero beach
- Melia Habana is the perfect base for exploring all that Cuba has to offer and also offers a free shuttle to and from the Old City Centre
Enjoy the exciting nightlife the Melia Marina Varadero Hotel has to offer, whilst relaxing during the day in the beautiful accommodation
- Melia Marina Varadero Hotel is ideally located 300m from the beach in an ecological reserve with a dolphinarium and caves to explore
- Incredible all-inclusive benefits with dining at 9 restaurants at Melia Marina Varadero Hotel
- Excellent watersports facilities including yachting, fishing and diving
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...