Cuba holidays are an ideal Caribbean destination
The UNWTO has declared Cuba an ideal holiday destination after having arrived in Havana to discuss projects with the Cuban Tourism Ministry. The UNWTO emphasized on the island's amazing potential & the possibility of expanding its product offering
The Secretary-General ad interim of the UN World Tourism Organisation (UNWTO) has declared Cuba an ideal travel and holiday destination for tourists. Having arrived in Havana last week to discuss cooperation projects with the Cuban Tourism Ministry, Taleb Rifai expressed his opinion that Cuba was ready to offer high quality services to visitors and become one of the best destinations not only for its natural resources but also for its cultural richness and diversity.
Commenting on Cuba's amazing potential as a holiday destination the UNWTO official emphasised on the island's possibility of further developing and diversifying its product offerings such as with the opening of new Cuba hotels in undeveloped areas and praised the country's existing values such as its music, food and particularly the Cubans' exceptional hospitality and love.
During his press conference in Havana he reiterated his organisation's support of the development of the leisure industry in the Caribbean archipelago and further expressed his impression that there was much to be gained from Cuba holidays for travellers and visitors. The Cuba experience, he declared, was something that could really enrich a travel experience.
Cuba travel has been much enhanced during the few last years as the Cuban government has made every effort to improve its tourism infrastructure with the building of new Cuba hotels and the opening up of new Cuba resorts in some areas that were practically unexploited before. The increase in volume of visitors over the last years has meant that a lot more has been done to improve the whole Cuba package, with the creation of Cuba excursions, new Cuba tours and the addition of many new Cuba experiences for tourists to enjoy.
The UNWTO Secretary-General's only last remark was that he wished that all US citizens could freely enjoy Cuba travel and access to the island but noted that the lifting of all travel restrictions depended only on the US government. "Nevertheless, we know that American private tour-operators support efforts to eliminate these restrictions" Rifai pointed out.
For his part, the UNWTO's regional representative for the Americas, Carlos Vogeler (who accompanied Rifai on his trip) also added that, in spite of the current world crisis, tourism in Cuba and in other Latin American countries continues to grow over the international average. Rifai concluded lastly by adding that Cuba travel is indeed growing stronger each day and on an ending note he invited travellers around the world to add this to their list of holiday destinations not to miss.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero
- Enjoy water sports on the Varadero beach, relax by the hotel pool, sample a refreshing cocktail
- Book now to receive our exclusive Couples offer which includes a bottle of cava on arrival in both hotels, turndown service in the evenings and a guaranteed reservation in the a la carte restaurants in Varadero and much more
- Experience Havana's vintage vibe & Varadero's soft white-sand beaches all in one trip
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Take a holiday to enjoy the abundant natural beauty of one of Cuba's leading resorts, Varadero. This locale is known for...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...