Oman Air to launch New A330 by the end of August
Oman Air announces the launch of its new A330 aircraft which will fly to a new range of worldwide holiday destinations departing from Muscat. The new plane will begin operating by the end of August flying to new routes such as Maldives and Colombo
Oman's national air carrier is all set and ready to fly its brand new A330 aircraft by the end of August serving a new range of destinations across the world departing from Muscat.
The airline that already flies to other major Gulf destinations from its capital is also the first airline in the Arab region to introduce the new Boeing NG 737 aircraft series and already operates with flights to London, Bangkok, Bangladesh, Pakistan and as many as 10 destinations in India.
With Oman holidays on the rise and the country's appeal increasing as a popular travel destination in the UAE, the air carrier has wanted to expand its operations to new horizons in Europe as part of its ongoing extension plans: "To encourage tourism and to support big business infrastructure projects happening in the country it is important to have good air network.
Oman Air is committed to deliver that" said Mohammad Ba'Haggag, Oman Air's senior officer for corporate communication. And this commitment to further establish Oman as a solid option among the holiday destinations in the Gulf area comes following a development of the city's other major infrastructure projects that have seen the opening of new Oman hotels, resorts, excursions and other developments set to enhance Oman's tourism offering and reach out to potential new markets.
Thus with the acquisition of the new A330 aircraft Oman Air will be launching flights and extending its product offer to new destinations such as Frankfurt, Munich, Paris, Maldives and Colombo which are set to begin by September. Currently the airline's total fleet consists of two A330, thirteen 737s and two ATRs with plans of acquiring 7 new A330s as part of Oman Air's expansion plan.
The first A330 to launch by the end of August will only have Business and Economy Class: "We will provide a completely new look business class with first class experience. The seats will be bigger and spacious." said Hamad Saif Al Harthy, Oman Air' senior manager for reservations and global distribution.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Experience the exclusivity of Ras Al Khaimah from a luxury retreat at this stunning beachfront resort
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Free upgrade to half board on selected dates and two children stay free when sharing with parents
Discover Be Live Collection Punta Cana's pristine white beaches, swaying palms and pulsating Latin vibe
Enjoy a fabulous holiday by the sparkling turquoise beaches of Punta Cana where you'll find endless fun as well as plenty of relaxing options
- Enjoy 24-Hour All-Inclusive Service
- Enjoy unlimited access to a fantastic beach that's perfect for snorkelling
- Great facilities for all the family plus children stay for half the price
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal in Agra, experience a feast to remember with a traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- An English-Speaking local Guide will take you around the sightseeing & excursion tours as per the itinerary
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Get a true taste of the rich Indonesian culture with a stay across the stunning islands of Bali and Gili Trawangan....
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The 4* Ramada Deira hotel boasts comfortable, modern and grand interiors and facilities, as well as easy access to the...