Oman Air to launch New A330 by the end of August
Oman Air announces the launch of its new A330 aircraft which will fly to a new range of worldwide holiday destinations departing from Muscat. The new plane will begin operating by the end of August flying to new routes such as Maldives and Colombo
Oman's national air carrier is all set and ready to fly its brand new A330 aircraft by the end of August serving a new range of destinations across the world departing from Muscat.
The airline that already flies to other major Gulf destinations from its capital is also the first airline in the Arab region to introduce the new Boeing NG 737 aircraft series and already operates with flights to London, Bangkok, Bangladesh, Pakistan and as many as 10 destinations in India.
With Oman holidays on the rise and the country's appeal increasing as a popular travel destination in the UAE, the air carrier has wanted to expand its operations to new horizons in Europe as part of its ongoing extension plans: "To encourage tourism and to support big business infrastructure projects happening in the country it is important to have good air network.
Oman Air is committed to deliver that" said Mohammad Ba'Haggag, Oman Air's senior officer for corporate communication. And this commitment to further establish Oman as a solid option among the holiday destinations in the Gulf area comes following a development of the city's other major infrastructure projects that have seen the opening of new Oman hotels, resorts, excursions and other developments set to enhance Oman's tourism offering and reach out to potential new markets.
Thus with the acquisition of the new A330 aircraft Oman Air will be launching flights and extending its product offer to new destinations such as Frankfurt, Munich, Paris, Maldives and Colombo which are set to begin by September. Currently the airline's total fleet consists of two A330, thirteen 737s and two ATRs with plans of acquiring 7 new A330s as part of Oman Air's expansion plan.
The first A330 to launch by the end of August will only have Business and Economy Class: "We will provide a completely new look business class with first class experience. The seats will be bigger and spacious." said Hamad Saif Al Harthy, Oman Air' senior manager for reservations and global distribution.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Head to Promthep Cape for the most beautiful sunset in Thailand
- Relaxing location close to the beach
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
A resort where there is something for everyone
- FAMILY PACKAGES from £ 1899 for a family of 2 adults & 2 kids below 12
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- up to 2 children eat and stay for free
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
An eco-tourist's dream - embark on an amazing journey of discovery with the perfect combination of comfort and adventure in tropical Costa Rica.
- Explore the amazing country of Costa Rica and discover all it's gems on this in depth tour with a fabulous beach stay
- During this tour you will experience various unique inclusions including a fantastic stay in tented accommodation under the stars in Arenal
- Enjoy various activities and exploration on this holiday including river rafting and much more with various optional tours to add
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...