Oman Air to launch New A330 by the end of August
Oman Air announces the launch of its new A330 aircraft which will fly to a new range of worldwide holiday destinations departing from Muscat. The new plane will begin operating by the end of August flying to new routes such as Maldives and Colombo
Oman's national air carrier is all set and ready to fly its brand new A330 aircraft by the end of August serving a new range of destinations across the world departing from Muscat.
The airline that already flies to other major Gulf destinations from its capital is also the first airline in the Arab region to introduce the new Boeing NG 737 aircraft series and already operates with flights to London, Bangkok, Bangladesh, Pakistan and as many as 10 destinations in India.
With Oman holidays on the rise and the country's appeal increasing as a popular travel destination in the UAE, the air carrier has wanted to expand its operations to new horizons in Europe as part of its ongoing extension plans: "To encourage tourism and to support big business infrastructure projects happening in the country it is important to have good air network.
Oman Air is committed to deliver that" said Mohammad Ba'Haggag, Oman Air's senior officer for corporate communication. And this commitment to further establish Oman as a solid option among the holiday destinations in the Gulf area comes following a development of the city's other major infrastructure projects that have seen the opening of new Oman hotels, resorts, excursions and other developments set to enhance Oman's tourism offering and reach out to potential new markets.
Thus with the acquisition of the new A330 aircraft Oman Air will be launching flights and extending its product offer to new destinations such as Frankfurt, Munich, Paris, Maldives and Colombo which are set to begin by September. Currently the airline's total fleet consists of two A330, thirteen 737s and two ATRs with plans of acquiring 7 new A330s as part of Oman Air's expansion plan.
The first A330 to launch by the end of August will only have Business and Economy Class: "We will provide a completely new look business class with first class experience. The seats will be bigger and spacious." said Hamad Saif Al Harthy, Oman Air' senior manager for reservations and global distribution.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Complimentary shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
- Free upgrade to Deluxe Pool View
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Immersive tour that will introduce you to India - Home to the cities of Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, the golden triangle is an area of extraordinary cultural wealth and splendour
- Experience the bustling street life of Delhi, a city like no other, with teeming bazaars and the Great Mosque in Old Delhi
- Visit Jaipur's Hawa Mahal, an icon of Rajashtani architecture and the ethereally beautiful Taj Mahal of Agra
Enjoy Unlimited-Luxury and make the most of the stunning secluded setting at Bavaro beach
- Younger guests get to have limitless fun at the Explorer's Kids Club and the Core Zone Teens' Club.
- Enjoy a host of activities, including tennis, basketball, volleyball, bowling, golf, Horse riding, fishing, aerobics, dance classes, water sports.
- Premium All Inclusive property with a selection of food and beverages on offer
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Located in Deira, within old Dubai, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Muraqabat offers a prime opportunity to explore the...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...