Oman Air to launch New A330 by the end of August
Oman Air announces the launch of its new A330 aircraft which will fly to a new range of worldwide holiday destinations departing from Muscat. The new plane will begin operating by the end of August flying to new routes such as Maldives and Colombo
Oman's national air carrier is all set and ready to fly its brand new A330 aircraft by the end of August serving a new range of destinations across the world departing from Muscat.
The airline that already flies to other major Gulf destinations from its capital is also the first airline in the Arab region to introduce the new Boeing NG 737 aircraft series and already operates with flights to London, Bangkok, Bangladesh, Pakistan and as many as 10 destinations in India.
With Oman holidays on the rise and the country's appeal increasing as a popular travel destination in the UAE, the air carrier has wanted to expand its operations to new horizons in Europe as part of its ongoing extension plans: "To encourage tourism and to support big business infrastructure projects happening in the country it is important to have good air network.
Oman Air is committed to deliver that" said Mohammad Ba'Haggag, Oman Air's senior officer for corporate communication. And this commitment to further establish Oman as a solid option among the holiday destinations in the Gulf area comes following a development of the city's other major infrastructure projects that have seen the opening of new Oman hotels, resorts, excursions and other developments set to enhance Oman's tourism offering and reach out to potential new markets.
Thus with the acquisition of the new A330 aircraft Oman Air will be launching flights and extending its product offer to new destinations such as Frankfurt, Munich, Paris, Maldives and Colombo which are set to begin by September. Currently the airline's total fleet consists of two A330, thirteen 737s and two ATRs with plans of acquiring 7 new A330s as part of Oman Air's expansion plan.
The first A330 to launch by the end of August will only have Business and Economy Class: "We will provide a completely new look business class with first class experience. The seats will be bigger and spacious." said Hamad Saif Al Harthy, Oman Air' senior manager for reservations and global distribution.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
A resort where there is something for everyone
- FAMILY PACKAGES from £ 1899 for a family of 2 adults & 2 kids below 12
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- up to 2 children eat and stay for free
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Enjoy a taste of Thailand with a complimentary cooking class
- Relaxing location close to the beach
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget,why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 5 glorious Swimming Pools
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Rove City Centre is one of Dubai's newest hotels, offering a year-round outdoor pool and fitness centre. Conveniently...
A modern, stylish and affordable Abu Dhabi hotel conveniently located in within easy access to the Abu Dhabi Airport as...