Dubai Holidays to benefit from Metro's New Low Fare Structure
Launching on 09/0909 Dubai's brand new Metro will feature a Low Fare Structure that promises to be the world's least expensive with amazingly cheap fares beginning at just under 2Dh and topping of at 5.80Dh as announced by the RTA
Dubai Holidays to benefit from Metro's New Low Fare Structure Sleek, fast and economical can be a few ways of describing Dubai's new line of underground trains that are due to start operating as soon as 9 September of this year.
Dubai's newest transport addition already promises to be the world's least expensive with amazingly cheap fares beginning at just under 2Dh and topping off at 5.80Dh according to the tariffs announced by the RTA (Roads and Transport Authority).
A new system will be announced as the Transport Authority announces the creation of a Unified Card system named NOL which will allow commuters to pay for the public buses, the Metro and the Water bus through one single card.
This will be the most economical type of electronic touch cards available with a 30-day pass for journeys in a single zone costing 100Dh while special fares will be available for students and the elderly with a monthly pass for students costing 170Dh and only 30Dh a month for senior members.
A single short journey under 3km using a paper ticket will cost 2DH (about 35p) while a one-day travel pass will cost 14Dh. According to Mattar Al Tayer, the Chairman of the Board and Executive Director of the RTA; Taxis and other maritime transport have not been included for the time being but will be considered for future integration.
Under the project it was agreed to divide the city into 5 zones with prices starting at around 2Dh for a single zone and moving up to 4.50Dh for 2 zones and capping off at 6.50Dh for 3 zones or more.
With fares like these leisure trips around town for British travelers on their Dubai holiday might just turn out cheaper than fish and chips! With a day ticket costing just ï¿½1 and covering all of the zones it's practically a steal to get around town!
Travel Dubai in style with their latest and newest transport asset that is sure to bring down that holiday cost and put that spring in your step during your time exploring this glamorous city!
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
With over 20 restaurants and bars, you will be amazed by the variety of fine fare on offer to enhance your holiday.
- Complimentary services include a 1-2 hour scuba diving session
- Free Half Board on selected dates
- Venture next door with complimentary access to the Wild Wadi Water Park to cool yourself from the summer sun
Perfection is synonymous with this stunning property on Dubai's Palm Island
- Unlimited access to Wild Wadi Park plus free shuttle service to a selection of Dubai Shopping Malls
- There are 10 restaurants and bars serving a variety of cuisine from all over the globe
- Boasting the Talise Ottoman Spa, where guests can indulge in a host of relaxing treatments and therapies
Lap up the mesmerising coastal beauty of western Mauritius and then explore Dubai - a city of wonders
Discover and Experience the best of both worlds Mauritius and Dubai
- Take advantage of the tennis courts, beach volley ball and many indoor games at Anelia Beach Resort
- Dubai stay at a TripAdvisor Winner with a Certificate of Excellence hotel
- The Perfect location of Anelia Beach Resort will let you enjoy Mauritius breathtaking sea views
The perfect location
- Enjoy All Inclusive in beautiful Mauritius and just unwind at the beach
- Combine the best of two worlds in one journey - relax in Mauritian paradise and experience stunning Dubai
- Experience world-class dining in both incredible countries
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Ideally located on the West coast of Mauritius in the village of Flic en Flac and only 2 km from the restaurants, casino...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
The 4* Ramada Deira hotel boasts comfortable, modern and grand interiors and facilities, as well as easy access to the...
Regarded as one of Dubai's most luxury hotels, Marina View Apartments is ideally located in the centre of Dubai's...