Dubai Holidays to benefit from Metro's New Low Fare Structure
Launching on 09/0909 Dubai's brand new Metro will feature a Low Fare Structure that promises to be the world's least expensive with amazingly cheap fares beginning at just under 2Dh and topping of at 5.80Dh as announced by the RTA
Dubai Holidays to benefit from Metro's New Low Fare Structure Sleek, fast and economical can be a few ways of describing Dubai's new line of underground trains that are due to start operating as soon as 9 September of this year.
Dubai's newest transport addition already promises to be the world's least expensive with amazingly cheap fares beginning at just under 2Dh and topping off at 5.80Dh according to the tariffs announced by the RTA (Roads and Transport Authority).
A new system will be announced as the Transport Authority announces the creation of a Unified Card system named NOL which will allow commuters to pay for the public buses, the Metro and the Water bus through one single card.
This will be the most economical type of electronic touch cards available with a 30-day pass for journeys in a single zone costing 100Dh while special fares will be available for students and the elderly with a monthly pass for students costing 170Dh and only 30Dh a month for senior members.
A single short journey under 3km using a paper ticket will cost 2DH (about 35p) while a one-day travel pass will cost 14Dh. According to Mattar Al Tayer, the Chairman of the Board and Executive Director of the RTA; Taxis and other maritime transport have not been included for the time being but will be considered for future integration.
Under the project it was agreed to divide the city into 5 zones with prices starting at around 2Dh for a single zone and moving up to 4.50Dh for 2 zones and capping off at 6.50Dh for 3 zones or more.
With fares like these leisure trips around town for British travelers on their Dubai holiday might just turn out cheaper than fish and chips! With a day ticket costing just ï¿½1 and covering all of the zones it's practically a steal to get around town!
Travel Dubai in style with their latest and newest transport asset that is sure to bring down that holiday cost and put that spring in your step during your time exploring this glamorous city!
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Experience the best of all worlds in Dubai - exceptional accommodation, restauarants, sandy beaches and unmatched shoppin, all for an unbeatable price
- Exlusive Free Half Board upgrade (book by 11 November 2017)!!!
- Delight yourself in a culinary adventure with a selection of 16 dining options to tickle your taste buds
- Club Level rooms available providing access additional amenities and exclusive lounge access
- Located on the spectacular Jumeirah Beach adjacent to the Dubai Marina and only 10 minutes from the Emirates shopping mall
Chill at The Palm's newest luxury retreat, be wowed by the touches of opulence on every corner and be seduced by our amazing prize tag!
- Rooms boast a balcony with stunning view of the Arabian Gulf, includes free WIFI
- Choose from 7 dining venues including gourmet options and enjoy access to 5 opulent bars
- Free Half Board
Take in the sights of the Golden Triangle tour where you will feel transported back in time then head for Dubai the world's most futuristic destination
- Complete your stay with a short break in luxurious Dubai
- Enjoy a horse carriage ride while visiting the Taj Mahal
- Experience a traditional Rajasthani dinner with a local family
The perfect location
- Enjoy All Inclusive in beautiful Mauritius and just unwind at the beach
- Combine the best of two worlds in one journey - relax in Mauritian paradise and experience stunning Dubai
- Experience world-class dining in both incredible countries
Enjoy the stretches of sand and unlimited sunshine available here as you savour the comforts of Atlantis, The Palm. One...
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
India is one of the most exciting and rewarding travel destination in the world. From the colourful and vibrant cities...
Enjoy a stunning view on the east coast of Mauritius. This 4-star resort combines natural beauty and contemporary...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...
Located in the historic district of Deira, the heritage hotel Hyatt Regency is within walking distance to the famous...