Dubai Holidays to benefit from Metro's New Low Fare Structure
Launching on 09/0909 Dubai's brand new Metro will feature a Low Fare Structure that promises to be the world's least expensive with amazingly cheap fares beginning at just under 2Dh and topping of at 5.80Dh as announced by the RTA
Dubai Holidays to benefit from Metro's New Low Fare Structure Sleek, fast and economical can be a few ways of describing Dubai's new line of underground trains that are due to start operating as soon as 9 September of this year.
Dubai's newest transport addition already promises to be the world's least expensive with amazingly cheap fares beginning at just under 2Dh and topping off at 5.80Dh according to the tariffs announced by the RTA (Roads and Transport Authority).
A new system will be announced as the Transport Authority announces the creation of a Unified Card system named NOL which will allow commuters to pay for the public buses, the Metro and the Water bus through one single card.
This will be the most economical type of electronic touch cards available with a 30-day pass for journeys in a single zone costing 100Dh while special fares will be available for students and the elderly with a monthly pass for students costing 170Dh and only 30Dh a month for senior members.
A single short journey under 3km using a paper ticket will cost 2DH (about 35p) while a one-day travel pass will cost 14Dh. According to Mattar Al Tayer, the Chairman of the Board and Executive Director of the RTA; Taxis and other maritime transport have not been included for the time being but will be considered for future integration.
Under the project it was agreed to divide the city into 5 zones with prices starting at around 2Dh for a single zone and moving up to 4.50Dh for 2 zones and capping off at 6.50Dh for 3 zones or more.
With fares like these leisure trips around town for British travelers on their Dubai holiday might just turn out cheaper than fish and chips! With a day ticket costing just ï¿½1 and covering all of the zones it's practically a steal to get around town!
Travel Dubai in style with their latest and newest transport asset that is sure to bring down that holiday cost and put that spring in your step during your time exploring this glamorous city!
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
The palatial design is just the start of this luxury resort, a perfect place to escape from the dark, cold winters.
- Unlimited access to Wild Wadi Park plus free shuttle service to a selection of Dubai Shopping Malls
- FREE half board upgrade
- Fully rejuvenate with an authentic Ottoman Spa that extends over 8,000 sq. metres and features 42 individual spa rooms and suites, as well as indoor swimming pool and Turkish Hammans
For an affordable luxury holiday on Dubai's iconic The Palm, head for Sofitel and take the whole family with you, they'll love it
- Boasting a Roof Top Swimming Pool
- Free high-speed internet and wifi
- Located by the famous Jumeirah Marina and close to shops, restaurants, bars and the Emirates Shopping Mall
Be sinfully self-indulgent and stay at an outrageously luxurious resort on Dubai's exclusive The Palm. You'll be basking in luxury from dawn to dusk.
- stay on the famous Palm in Dubai and enjoy stunning views over the skyline
- choose to upgrade to an amazing Ultra-All-Inclusive experience in the hotel
- Recieve complimentary boat transfers to iconic Dubai Marina or a free shuttle bus to Mall of the Emirates
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
The luxurious-new InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort overlooks the beaches of the Bay of Balaclava. This...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of...
The 4* Ramada Deira hotel boasts comfortable, modern and grand interiors and facilities, as well as easy access to the...
Take a chance to explore the lively Al Barsha district as well as the many attractions Dubai has to offer at DoubleTree...