Dubai Holidays to benefit from Metro's New Low Fare Structure
Launching on 09/0909 Dubai's brand new Metro will feature a Low Fare Structure that promises to be the world's least expensive with amazingly cheap fares beginning at just under 2Dh and topping of at 5.80Dh as announced by the RTA
Dubai Holidays to benefit from Metro's New Low Fare Structure Sleek, fast and economical can be a few ways of describing Dubai's new line of underground trains that are due to start operating as soon as 9 September of this year.
Dubai's newest transport addition already promises to be the world's least expensive with amazingly cheap fares beginning at just under 2Dh and topping off at 5.80Dh according to the tariffs announced by the RTA (Roads and Transport Authority).
A new system will be announced as the Transport Authority announces the creation of a Unified Card system named NOL which will allow commuters to pay for the public buses, the Metro and the Water bus through one single card.
This will be the most economical type of electronic touch cards available with a 30-day pass for journeys in a single zone costing 100Dh while special fares will be available for students and the elderly with a monthly pass for students costing 170Dh and only 30Dh a month for senior members.
A single short journey under 3km using a paper ticket will cost 2DH (about 35p) while a one-day travel pass will cost 14Dh. According to Mattar Al Tayer, the Chairman of the Board and Executive Director of the RTA; Taxis and other maritime transport have not been included for the time being but will be considered for future integration.
Under the project it was agreed to divide the city into 5 zones with prices starting at around 2Dh for a single zone and moving up to 4.50Dh for 2 zones and capping off at 6.50Dh for 3 zones or more.
With fares like these leisure trips around town for British travelers on their Dubai holiday might just turn out cheaper than fish and chips! With a day ticket costing just ï¿½1 and covering all of the zones it's practically a steal to get around town!
Travel Dubai in style with their latest and newest transport asset that is sure to bring down that holiday cost and put that spring in your step during your time exploring this glamorous city!
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Bask in private palm-lined beach glory that's just 15 minutes from the Dubai Marina in a place where it's all included
- Choose from excellent restaurants serving a variety of world cuisines including French, Mediterranean and Thai
- Go for a round of golf at the onsite 9-hole Golf course or explore the are on horseback
- book your stay including tickets to the family entertainment park Dubai Parks & Resort - ask our team now
Experience the best of all worlds in Dubai - exceptional accommodation, restauarants, sandy beaches and unmatched shoppin, all for an unbeatable price
- Delight yourself in a culinary adventure with a selection of 16 dining options to tickle your taste buds
- Club Level rooms available providing access additional amenities and exclusive lounge access
- Located on the spectacular Jumeirah Beach adjacent to the Dubai Marina and only 10 minutes from the Emirates shopping mall
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
With over 20 restaurants and bars, you will be amazed by the variety of fine fare on offer to enhance your holiday.
- Complimentary services include a 1-2 hour scuba diving session
- Free Half Board on selected dates
- Venture next door with complimentary access to the Wild Wadi Water Park to cool yourself from the summer sun
Habtoor Grand Resort & Spa enjoys a fabulous location beside the world famous Jumeirah Beach overlooking the Dubai...
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Rove City Centre is one of Dubai's newest hotels, offering a year-round outdoor pool and fitness centre. Conveniently...
Located in Deira, within old Dubai, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Muraqabat offers a prime opportunity to explore the...