New Maldives hotel Shangri-La's Villingili Resort and Spa Opening in July 2009
Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts are proud to present its new lavish creation with a new Maldives hotel set to open next month. The new all-villa property will become the hotel group's first luxury resorts of its kind in southern Maldives
A new Maldives hotel is set to open next month at the hands of the Indian Ocean's leading luxury hotel group becoming the first luxury resort of its kind in southern Maldives.
Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts is proud to present its latest lavish creation of art in the form of a grand and spacious resort on lush extensive grounds comprising over six kilometres of 6 km of coastline and close to 2 km of pristine sandy beach.
A unique all-villa property located in a breathtaking setting with an air of refinement and seclusion in a boutique-style environment, this hotel exudes charm and exclusivity. This hotel is the perfect way to enrich any relaxing Maldives holiday and ensure a unique Maldivian experience where beach, mountain, nature, spa and wellbeing come all into one single place.
Guests will have a wide display of activities to spend their time at leisure or engage in as much adventure and exploring as they like; from walking trails, a private spa village, enchanting gardens, prodigious wildlife and a plethora of underwater activities and discoveries.
And all in your own private island at the Addu Atoll which comprises 12 hectares of lush vegetation, more than 17000 coconut trees and no less than 45 species of plants! An active explorer's true paradise, a lazy beach bum's idyllic sands and a health guru's most perfect wellbeing and energising break, this new Maldives hotel truly does cater for all.
The unique Shangri-La hospitality wraps around every aspect of the hotel's attentive and personal service from the moment holidaymakers are greeted at the airport, escorted to the lounge as they await their connecting flight to Addu Atoll and are then warmly accompanied all the way to the moment their villa keys are handed over.
The excellence of service and the staff's warmth are bound to put many a smile during your Maldives holiday at this exceptional resort. Guests looking for the best of Maldives hotels need look no further with private accommodation including secluded ocean retreats and imaginative tree house villas, making a total of 142 stand-alone villas with a minimum of 133 square metres in size each.
The resort also features a selection of 16 tree house villas perched on stilts over the shallow turquoise waters offering a unique 3 metre high perspective of the atoll through tropical foliage, a first for the Maldives!
Other distinctive features of this amazing Maldives hotel include villas with terraces and outdoor showers that extend over the clear ocean waters as well as a signature spa centre offering innovative treatments carefully selected and designed to stimulate the senses with therapies and wellbeing programmes based on Himalayan, Chinese and other Asian healing rituals.
The CHI Spa also offers unique "Kandu Boli" experiences which are indigenous treatments inspired by the cowrie shell and other natural Maldives treasures. On 26 July 2009 this new Maldivian gem of a hotel opens its doors to the world inviting guests onto a journey of pleasant surprises for the most perfect and indulging of Maldives holidays.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Paradise Island suits a range of lifestyles from relaxing at the Araamu Spa to surfing the great waves.
- This magnificent spa is almost completely surrounded by the azure waters of the Indian Ocean, creating a perfect location for relaxing and theraputic treatments
- Paradise island is just one kilometre long and 230 metres wide, surrounded by pristine beaches and off shore reefs that teem with excellent marine life waiting for guests to explore
- fresh produce arrives daily for the master chef and team to deliver sumptuous dishes, delicately flavoured. Restaurants include japanese, italian, 24 hour a la carte coffee shop and main restaurant serving international buffets
Explore an underwater world of breathtaking beauty and laze on the finest white sands at Sun Island Resort, a tropical paradise of peace and serenity.
- exclusive rate reduction for our clients
- Enjoy endless activities including scuba diving, snorkelling, water-skiing and more
- Tickle your taste buds with rich flavours and innovative cuisine that incorporates exotic Thai and Oriental influences
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
Surrounded by crystal clear waters and tropical vegetation, Olhuveli Beach and Spa Resort is home away from home.
- Sunset Fishing, Male Sightseeing, a visit to a local island and Snorkelling Safari are just some of the excursions available
- From a kids club and live evening entertainment to the Sun Spa, there is something to cater for the needs of all family members
- Enjoy spa credit, included excursions, sunset cruises and more with the Emerald Plan, whilst the All Inclusive package offers use of sports facilities for free
- free room upgrade to the next category
The Nalaguraidhoo Island of the Maldives is one of the most sublime coastal landscapes you'll ever lay eyes, what with...
Venture to the Lhaviyani Atoll in the Maldives islands to experience a holiday like no other. This section of the...
If you are looking for serenity and tranquillity coupled with luxurious elegance, then Adaaran Select Meedhupparu is the...
Escape from day-to-day life for a while and take refuge in the Asian paradise of the Maldives while you spend 8 days...
Located on Lankanfinolhu Island in the North Male Atoll, Paradise Island is one of the largest resorts in the Maldives....
Let all concerns leave your mind while you spend 8 days of peace and relaxation at the Royal Island hotel in the...