Cuba Travel in best shape ever as Tourism blooms and grows by 2.1%
According to Cuba's Ministry of Tourism, Cuba travel is booming. With a 2.1% growth on the number of arrivals from January to May 2009, reaching more than 1.21 million of visitors; the popularity of Cuba travel is seeing an unprecedented figure increase
According to Prensa Latina Cuban Tourism has seen a boost over this year's early months in the number of arrivals to the island from January to May 2009. According to an official report from MINTUR (Cuban Ministry of Tourism) published on Friday, Cuban tourism grew 2.1% with the number of arrivals in the period form January to May reaching more than 1.21 million of visitors.
As more holidaymakers are seduced by the unique Cuban appeal, the option of a Cuba holiday has never looked more appealing to British travellers. Amidst the general travel stagnation as a result of the global recession, this Caribbean island has managed to keep attracting and charming visitors from all over the world.
Cuba travel has never looked in better shape and this is partly due to the country's organic appeal by being the home of Salsa, Rumba and Cigars as well as the historical value of its Revolution.
People are rushing to see the last years under the reign of the Castro brothers and take in much of the romantic Che Guevara allure before one day it all changes and Americans flock the island ruining the olden-age / stuck-in-time mystification of the country.
But ultimately Cuba's success as a travel destination is not all down to its cultural and historical value but also thanks to the development of new facilities being built and improved around the island.
New Cuba hotels have been added to their product portfolio, also expanding and broadening the Cuba holidays options by opening up new destinations in the island, such as Cienfuegos and Vinales. The opening of new Varadero hotels has seen an improvement in the standards of accommodation and has responded more adequately to the increase in demand for more upscale resorts with the opening.
On the other hand Spanish hotel chain Barcelo plans the opening of 6 new Cuba hotels between now and 2010 in the island's keys of Cayo Santa Maria and Santa Lucia.
During last month's International Fair "FITCUBA 2008" which took place in Havana, the authorities declared that 2008 had been the best year in Cuba for tourism performance and now they are awaiting better results this year.
The popularity of Cuba travel saw a total of 164,679 tourists arriving in May, representing 3.7%, 12.1% and 6.2% respectively more when compared to equal periods in 2008, 2007, 2006.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Escape to Cuba's sunkissed sands and enjoy what Starfish Varadero has to offer for an amazing price!
- Located on one of the best beaches in Varadero
- Excellent selection of 4 restaurants, 3 a la carte and a choice of 4 bars
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 31st Jul 2017
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Blau Varadero - limited availability
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
- Blau Vardero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...