Cuba Travel in best shape ever as Tourism blooms and grows by 2.1%
According to Cuba's Ministry of Tourism, Cuba travel is booming. With a 2.1% growth on the number of arrivals from January to May 2009, reaching more than 1.21 million of visitors; the popularity of Cuba travel is seeing an unprecedented figure increase
According to Prensa Latina Cuban Tourism has seen a boost over this year's early months in the number of arrivals to the island from January to May 2009. According to an official report from MINTUR (Cuban Ministry of Tourism) published on Friday, Cuban tourism grew 2.1% with the number of arrivals in the period form January to May reaching more than 1.21 million of visitors.
As more holidaymakers are seduced by the unique Cuban appeal, the option of a Cuba holiday has never looked more appealing to British travellers. Amidst the general travel stagnation as a result of the global recession, this Caribbean island has managed to keep attracting and charming visitors from all over the world.
Cuba travel has never looked in better shape and this is partly due to the country's organic appeal by being the home of Salsa, Rumba and Cigars as well as the historical value of its Revolution.
People are rushing to see the last years under the reign of the Castro brothers and take in much of the romantic Che Guevara allure before one day it all changes and Americans flock the island ruining the olden-age / stuck-in-time mystification of the country.
But ultimately Cuba's success as a travel destination is not all down to its cultural and historical value but also thanks to the development of new facilities being built and improved around the island.
New Cuba hotels have been added to their product portfolio, also expanding and broadening the Cuba holidays options by opening up new destinations in the island, such as Cienfuegos and Vinales. The opening of new Varadero hotels has seen an improvement in the standards of accommodation and has responded more adequately to the increase in demand for more upscale resorts with the opening.
On the other hand Spanish hotel chain Barcelo plans the opening of 6 new Cuba hotels between now and 2010 in the island's keys of Cayo Santa Maria and Santa Lucia.
During last month's International Fair "FITCUBA 2008" which took place in Havana, the authorities declared that 2008 had been the best year in Cuba for tourism performance and now they are awaiting better results this year.
The popularity of Cuba travel saw a total of 164,679 tourists arriving in May, representing 3.7%, 12.1% and 6.2% respectively more when compared to equal periods in 2008, 2007, 2006.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
Escape to Cuba's sunkissed sands and enjoy what Starfish Varadero has to offer for an amazing price!
- Varadero History and Nature Tour Included
- Located on one of the best beaches in Varadero
- Excellent selection of 4 restaurants, 3 a la carte and a choice of 4 bars
Combine exploring the iconic and pulsating city of Havana with a relaxing summer retreat to the stunning Varadero beach.
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- The plethora of activities and classes that will cater for every taste.
- A Complimentary shuttle to the iconic city of Havana
- A Luxurious and comfortable stay with 5* amenities
An unforgettable holiday experience combining the vibrant life of Havana and the relaxing beach at Varadero
- Upgrade to The Royalton Hicacos Diamond Club and benefit from personalized check in, exclusive beach area, room service 24 hours and much more
- Benefit from the multiple swimming pools and a wide variety of non-motorised water sports in Varadero
- Couples can enjoy little 'extras' at Melia Habana Hotel, offering a sparkling wine and chocolates on arrival
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...