Virgin Atlantic introduces the world to its new multimillion-dollar cabin upgrades
Virgin Atlantic has been hard at work redesigning the interiors of its A330-200 aircraft fleet, with all cabins getting a makeover, which also means the airline’s award-winning Premium cabin will be retrofitted throughout all planes. Passengers will be able to see and enjoy the upgrades starting November as the new aircraft start being rolled out globally.
Not long ago we revealed the ground-breaking changes Virgin Atlantic was making to their budget traveller’s experience by launching three new ways to fly in Economy, with a variety of extras that customers could add on for a more enjoyable flight or things they could cut back on to enjoy bigger savings.
Now, the airline is continuing with their relentless goal of ongoing renovation by announcing that all cabins across their A330-200 fleet would be getting a makeover, or, in the case of Premium, the cabin would now be retrofitted across all aircraft so that all passengers, regardless of destination or, would have access to its award-winning comforts.
Virgin’s refreshed A330-200 fleet will take to the skies starting November with Upper Class receiving the biggest upgrades, ahead of the new A350s due to arrive in 2019 and which is currently being worked on to set the bar higher when it comes to standards in business class travel.
The Upper Class suites in all renewed A33-200s will now feature direct aisle access with an enhanced are for additional personal space. The fabric of the seats has been completely replaced with natural Espresso leather while passengers can continue to choose from a trio of themed suites: Freedom Suites, Love Suites and Corner Suites.
Economy will benefit from a refreshed look reflecting the airline’s distinctive brand design with seats coloured in classic red and beige tones and upgraded with spanking new leather headrests.
Premium Economy will now be extended to all Virgin Atlantic’s aircraft, with the cabin’s 35 seats set in a dedicated private area and offering a very generous 38” seat pitch, as well as bespoke meals and beverages.
All cabins will benefit from Black Cherry curtains and carpets, will boast refreshed toilets and will enjoy the sensorial, soothing qualities of mood lighting and stylish wall finishes. All passengers will be able to make use of high-speed Wi-Fi, a power outlet to charge their mobile devices present in every seat and latest onboard entertainment throughout. Of course, to top it all off the award-winning signature Virgin Atlantic service will add to the experience with its famously attentive crew on hand at all times in all cabins.
But Virgin isn’t stopping there, along with all the interior upgrading being carried out across its A330-200 fleet, the airline also recently announced a special collaboration with premium sock manufacturer “Happy Socks” to create 100,000 bespoke socks to offer customers in-flight, all of which will be custom-designed to reflect the Virgin brand’s flair.
You can bet that more exciting initiatives are on the line for the award-winning British carrier, so expect to continue to be wowed by Virgin Atlantic’s currently unstoppable charm offensive in the coming months.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Discover everything the ‘Island of the Gods’ has to offer with a stay in the buzzing Seminyak area
- Restore your inner balance at Taum Spa or take a surfing lesson
- Incredible value upgrades to private pool rooms
- Complimentary shuttle to town centre and Petitenget Beach
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Exciting marine and entertainment attractions that the whole family can enjoy
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Peace, relaxation and luxury come as standard in this amazing Indian Ocean getaway
- Easy access to the buzzing capital city of Male, where you can extend your experience of the Maldives
- Benefit from water bungalows that allow unfettered access to the ocean waters and feature private sun decks
- The main restaurants’ theme nights highlight cuisines from around the world ranging from Asian to Western dishes
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
The Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is the perfect place to feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, and will...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...
Stay in Downtown Abu Dhabi and be pampered by Arabian hospitality. The Holiday Inn Abu Dhabi offers excellent service...