St Lucia tourist board upgrades travel agent training program
St Lucia Tourism Authority has revamped its online travel agent training program to simplify the structure and create a go-to information hub for destination sales and marketing. The Saint Lucia Expert program includes new modules on niche holiday types and fresh incentives for selling the Caribbean island.
The tourist board for the Caribbean holiday destination of St Lucia has revamped its online travel agent training program that aims to educate, inform and inspire sales and marketing professionals about the island’s main hotels, attractions and assets.
The upgraded Saint Lucia Expert or "SLEx program" includes new incentives and is open to agents in the UK and North America.
The recently-upgraded online educational and loyalty programme is designed to be a central information hub for selling St Lucia. SLEx is also mobile-friendly with customizable features and cutting-edge tools for destination marketing and sales.
The program contains modules and multimedia tools that cover all aspects of the destination including various niche markets such as diving, romance and family travel. The revamped program provides a simple structure for all travel agents to participate and increases engagement while supporting the growth of the destination and the travel agent business.
St Lucia Tourism Authority (SLTA) provides graduates of the program a certificate of completion, which will unlock special Saint Lucia Expert features and benefits. Agents will be awarded Gold Platinum or Diamond status according to the number of nights in hotels sold on the island, with additional incentives awarded for each.
Top recording travel agents and their agencies will be awarded monthly prizes of US $250 cash for the travel agent and $250 in marketing credits for their company, to go towards St Lucia business development. The new platform will allow agents to track their progress in real time.
As well as special recognition and rewards, the program also offers lead generation, downloadable marketing materials, flyers and social media resources. Agents can benefit from discounted familiarisation (FAM) trips and agent rates, plus other special promotions and offers.
Travel agents can participate by enrolling in the Saint Lucia Expert program, which is available online at http://edu.recommend.com/saintlucia. Current Saint Lucia Specialists are not required to retake the course, but will benefit from the new resources and status.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Adults-only, All Inclusive Retreat with an inviting and warm atmosphere is what Bel Jou Hotel stands for
- All Inclusive, Adults Only property set within lush tropical gardens with classic St. Lucian charm
- Experience Caribbean Flavour on the rooftop lounge bar and terrace with serene views over Castries and the Caribbean Sea
- Take advantage of free extras including a complimentary tour and complimentary wine in your room on arrival
Treat yourself to the ultimate Caribbean getaway at Bay Gardens Beach Resort, right at the centre of everything and close to the lively strip of Rodney Bay.
- Two Kids (4-12 years) stay and eat free
- Located on Reduit Beach, known for its breathtaking views and its golden sand
- Book 7 nights and get US$150 Resort Credit per room category per stay
Go for a Premium all-inclusive experience where children and grown-ups each have their own world of endless fun, adventure and indulgement.
- Two Worlds in One - 85 Acre resort with an adults section and family section complete with St Lucia's only water park
- $1000 worth of complimentary resort credit to be used in resort on Spa treatments, upgrades and more
- Save up to a fantastic 60% plus up to the 2 Children/Teens STAYS FREE
Discover Castries lively atmosphere, then head to your intimate luxury hideaway Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia
- Enjoy Free Green Fees & Trandfers at Sandals St Lucia Golf & Country Club
- Luxury Included® - All Included, All Unlimited, All the Time with the choice of up to 27 five Star Global Gourmet™ restaurants and 7 bars
- Dine beneath the stars at the Bayside Restaurant or enjoy complimentary golfing at the nearby Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort & Spa
- Save up to 45% plus Summer Savings with amazing discounts on select rooms
- Discover a perfect place for relaxation and rejuvenation at Red Lane Spa®
Take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with a luxury escape to the west coast of the magical St Lucia....
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Experience the romantic getaway you and your loved one have always fantasised about with eight days on the picturesque...
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Venture to a real Caribbean warmth and laid-back hospitality at the Coconut Court Beach Hotel, an exceptionally cosy...
The all-new Harbor Club offers guests a Caribbean resort experience unlike any other where you can unwind and experience...