Mandarin Oriental, Saigon to open in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam in 2020
The Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group will be adding a new hotel to its portfolio in Vietnam. The group will manage the Mandarin Oriental, Saigon in Ho Chi Minh City. Scheduled to open in 2020, the hotel will be part of the Union Square Saigon building, and it will have 277 guest rooms and suites, plus a fitness centre, an outdoor swimming pool, and six restaurant and bars.
The Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group has revealed it will manage a new hotel in Vietnam. The group will add the Mandarin Oriental, Saigon to its collection.
Located in Ho Chi Minh City in southern Vietnam, the luxury hotel will be part of the Union Square Saigon, a commercial building that sits in the heart of the city. The hotel will occupy the upper floors of the building, and it is scheduled to open to guests in 2020.
James Riley, the Group Chief Executive of Mandarin Oriental, commented:
“Ho Chi Minh City is the leading commercial hub in Vietnam and at the heart of the country’s rapidly growing economy.
“We are delighted to be opening a hotel in such a prime location in the city. We look forward to working with our partners to create a world-class experience and to bringing Mandarin Oriental’s renowned level of service excellence to Vietnam for the first time.”
Mandarin Oriental, Saigon will have 227 elegant guest rooms and suites that offer views of the bustling city. Guests will have access to six gourmet restaurants and stylish bars, a modern fitness centre, an outdoor swimming pool, and a lavish Spa at Mandarin Oriental with a variety of soothing therapies and treatments.
Jonathan Au, the General Director of Union Square Saigon,added:
“With its exceptional design, locale, history and culture, Union Square Saigon is destined to become a landmark destination.
“We are delighted to welcome Mandarin Oriental to this project, which will not only raise the level of luxury hospitality in the city, but will also increase awareness of Vietnam internationally.”
The upscale hotel is positioned steps from the Saigon Opera House and the People’s Committee Building. Guests are just a short stroll from many popular attractions and landmarks in the city. The city is full of fascinating places of interest including the Notre-Dame Cathedral, the Independence Palace, the War Remnants Market, Saigon Zoo and Botanical Gardens, Suoi Tien Amusement Park, Dam Sen Water Park, and Binh Quoi Tourist Village. Holidaymakers can pick up a souvenir or gift from stalls selling textiles, food, souvenirs and handicrafts at the vibrant Ben Thanh Market.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Vietnam Browse all
Join an adventure through Vietnam’s most memorable sights culminating in a tropical island stay
- Time to relax on the stunning beaches and turquoise waters of Phu Quoc tropical island
- Overnight cruise on a traditionally-designed junk boat on Halong Bay with meals included
- Entrance fees for all included sightseeing, meals as per itinerary and local guides included
An in-depth exploration of Vietnam taking in Saigon, the Mekong Delta, Hoi An, Hue and Hanoi with time left over to relax on the beach
- Overnight cruise on a traditional Junk boat on Halong Bay with meals included
- Time to relax on the picturesque beaches of central Vietnam
- Local guides in each destination and entrance fees for all included sightseeing
Experience the best of Cambodia, Vietnam and Laos on this once-in-a-lifetime adventure through Indochina
- Expert local guides in each country
- Breakfast included daily and three dinners
- Spend the night on Halong Bay on a traditional Junk boat with meals included
Explore the most iconic sites of Indochina during the unforgettable Highlights of Indochina, Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos - Deluxe Tour
You will visit historical sites of Vietnam, discover the heritage of Laos, and explore the beautiful Angkor Complex in Cambodia.
- Tour around Ben Tre River in Vietnam and enjoy a variety of activities, including a visit to any of coconut processing workshops and riding a motocart through rice fields and vegetable plains.
- Watch the sun rise over the blue waters of tranquil Halong Bay, and then cruise through emerald waters of the Gulf of Tonkin.
- Participate in Baci Ceremony, an integral part of the Laos culture, and explore the Luang Prabang Night Market with its handmade textiles and local street food
Exotic and compelling, Vietnam is one of the most remarkable travel destinations in the world. The Essential Vietnam...
Wander from exciting cities to astonishing scenic beauty via peaceful beaches on a tour through the most remarkable...
Wander from exciting cities to astonishing scenic beauty via peaceful beaches and the best preserved old towns in...
See all the most iconic sights of Indochina on this trip of a lifetime through Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam. Explore the...