Virgin Atlantic to add nonstop service between Heathrow and Las Vegas
Virgin Atlantic recently announced plans to offer nonstop flights between London Heathrow and Las Vegas. Virgin has offered flights between London Gatwick and Las Vegas since 2009, but the Gatwick-Las Vegas route will cease operation once the new flights begin in March 2019. The airline will also debut new routes from Heathrow to Boston and Heathrow to Barbados during the peak Caribbean travel season.
Virgin Atlantic recently announced plans to offer nonstop flights between London Heathrow and Las Vegas. The airline has so far only offered flights between Las Vegas and Heathrow during high-traffic days surrounding CES. The new flights will be offered year-round.
The new route will replace the one Virgin Atlantic has been operating between McCarran International Airport and London’s Gatwick Airport since 2009 and will be serviced by a Boeing 787-9 aircraft departing Las Vegas daily at 7:05 PM and setting out from Heathrow Airport daily at 12:40 PM.
Would-be passengers can go to the Virgin Atlantic website and book a ticket now, but only for flights on March 31, 2019, or later, when the carrier will also debut a second daily flight between Heathrow and Boston.
The new route will replace—not supplement—the airline’s current Gatwick flight. Bringing in the new 787-9 aircraft will also mean an increase in premium seats on the route. The new route will feature 31 Upper-Class seats, 35 Premium Economy seats, and 192 Economy seats. Jessica Cross Brown, a spokesperson for Virgin Atlantic, said:
“We’ve seen a growing demand from corporate travellers (for flights to Las Vegas), as Vegas is one of the largest conference centers in the world.”
Brown went on to explain that the airline successfully trialled the route for tech professionals headed to CES, a popular technology show held annually in Las Vegas.
In addition to the new Heathrow-Las Vegas route, Virgin Atlantic is adding a second daily flight between Boston and London beginning in March 2019. That route will be operated by an Airbus A330-300. The airline also has plans to add a twice-weekly seasonal nonstop flight from London Heathrow to Barbados. That flight will be offered from December 11, 2018 to February 19, 2019, which is the peak season for travel to the Caribbean.
The news of the three new routes follows Virgin’s upcoming second daily service to Johannesburg, South Africa, which begins in October of this year.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Discover everything the ‘Island of the Gods’ has to offer with a stay in the buzzing Seminyak area
- Restore your inner balance at Taum Spa or take a surfing lesson
- Incredible value upgrades to private pool rooms
- Complimentary shuttle to town centre and Petitenget Beach
Discover Be Live Collection Punta Cana's pristine white beaches, swaying palms and pulsating Latin vibe
Enjoy a fabulous holiday by the sparkling turquoise beaches of Punta Cana where you'll find endless fun as well as plenty of relaxing options
- Unlimited access to a fantastic beach that's perfect for snorkelling
- Enjoy luxury with a 24-Hour All-Inclusive Service
- Great facilities for all the family plus children stay for half the price
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Exciting marine and entertainment attractions that the whole family can enjoy
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Use up to $2500 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Don't miss out on this incredible offer Kids 17 and under stay, play and eat free
- The Illusionists are appearing at the resort from 22nd December - 3rd Jan & The amazing Backstreet Boys are appearing on the 29th December*
- Awesome resort credits with up to $2500 to spend on spa treatments, dolphin swims, access to the Wet 'N' Wild waterpark and much more
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Located in Deira, within old Dubai, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Muraqabat offers a prime opportunity to explore the...
This stunning 4 star property, Novotel Abu Dhabi Al Bustan hotel, offers guests an ideal base from which to discover Abu...