Movenpick Hotel Ho Chi Minh City to launch in Vietnam in 2020
Movenpick Hotels & Resorts has signed a new property to its portfolio in Vietnam. The Swiss hotel group has taken over the Movenpick Hotel Ho Chi Minh City. The luxury property will have 815 guest rooms and suites, and 527 serviced apartments. The luxury resort is scheduled to open in 2020 and will be part of the new mixed-use Kenton Node Hotel Complex.
Movenpick Hotels & Resorts has announced it has added a new hotel to its collection in Vietnam. The hotel group signed the Movenpick Hotel Ho Chi Minh City, which is scheduled to open to guests in 2020.
The property will be part of the mixed-use Kenton Node Hotel Complex which is located on the Rach Dia river bank on Nguyen Huu Tho Street, ten minutes from downtown Ho Chi Minh City. The luxury hotel will have 815 guest rooms and suites, as well as 537 serviced apartments.
Andrew Langdon, the Chief Development Officer for Movenpick Hotels & Resorts, commented:
“Tourism in Vietnam is riding the crest of a wave, with proactive government policies and positive investments leading to record-breaking visitor arrivals and a buoyant economy with strong GDP growth and rising affluence also driving increased levels of domestic and inbound leisure and business travel.”
“With its versatile collection of hotel rooms, residences and world-class facilities, Movenpick Hotel Ho Chi Minh City will cater to a wide variety of customer profiles in both the short and extended/long stay segments."
Movenpick Hotel Ho Chi Minh City will offer a variety of upscale facilities that will cater for locals and visitors alike. There will be several stylish restaurants and bars, an outdoor infinity swimming pool, a lavish spa, and a modern fitness centre. There will also be an extensive conference and banqueting facilities including a ballroom and meeting rooms, which will cater for business travellers and special events.
Guests will also have access to the wide range of facilities at the 84,000-square-metre Kenton Node complex. These will include high-end malls, gourmet restaurants, a multiplex cinema and leisure facilities, as well as offices, residential units, a marina, riverside promenade and lush parks.
Ho Chi Minh City is situated in southern Vietnam and is home to French colonial architecture and historic landmarks. Tourists can explore fascinating attractions and sites including the Notre-Dame Cathedral, the 19th-century Central Post Office, the Independence Palace, the War Remnants Market, and the bustling Ben Thanh Market.
Vietnam has become a leading tourist destination over recent years. In the first four months of 2018, the country received 5.5 million international visitors, which is a 29.5 percent increase compared to 2017. This year, the nation is expecting to break its record of 12.9 million visitors in 2017. To help this, the Vietnamese government has announced plans to extend its visa waiver programme for many European countries, following its success.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Vietnam Browse all
Join an adventure through Vietnam’s most memorable sights culminating in a tropical island stay
- Time to relax on the stunning beaches and turquoise waters of Phu Quoc tropical island
- Overnight cruise on a traditionally-designed junk boat on Halong Bay with meals included
- Entrance fees for all included sightseeing, meals as per itinerary and local guides included
An in-depth exploration of Vietnam taking in Saigon, the Mekong Delta, Hoi An, Hue and Hanoi with time left over to relax on the beach
- Overnight cruise on a traditional Junk boat on Halong Bay with meals included
- Time to relax on the picturesque beaches of central Vietnam
- Local guides in each destination and entrance fees for all included sightseeing
Experience the best of Cambodia, Vietnam and Laos on this once-in-a-lifetime adventure through Indochina
- Expert local guides in each country
- Breakfast included daily and three dinners
- Spend the night on Halong Bay on a traditional Junk boat with meals included
Explore the most iconic sites of Indochina during the unforgettable Highlights of Indochina, Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos - Deluxe Tour
You will visit historical sites of Vietnam, discover the heritage of Laos, and explore the beautiful Angkor Complex in Cambodia.
- Tour around Ben Tre River in Vietnam and enjoy a variety of activities, including a visit to any of coconut processing workshops and riding a motocart through rice fields and vegetable plains.
- Watch the sun rise over the blue waters of tranquil Halong Bay, and then cruise through emerald waters of the Gulf of Tonkin.
- Participate in Baci Ceremony, an integral part of the Laos culture, and explore the Luang Prabang Night Market with its handmade textiles and local street food
Exotic and compelling, Vietnam is one of the most remarkable travel destinations in the world. The Essential Vietnam...
Wander from exciting cities to astonishing scenic beauty via peaceful beaches on a tour through the most remarkable...
Wander from exciting cities to astonishing scenic beauty via peaceful beaches and the best preserved old towns in...
See all the most iconic sights of Indochina on this trip of a lifetime through Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam. Explore the...