New Paradisus Playa Mujeres opens in Mexico
Melia Hotels International has announced that it will add another hotel to its Mexico collection next year. The Paradisus Playa Mujeres will open to guests in the first quarter of 2019, and will be located just off the coast of Cancun. The luxury oceanfront property will have 498 rooms and suites with views overlooking the beach and tropical gardens.
The Spanish hotel group Melia Hotels International has announced it will be opening a new hotel in Mexico. The group will launch the Paradisus Playa Mujeres in the first quarter of 2019, the fifth Paradisus branded hotel in the country.
The resort will be located off the coast of Cancun, close to the bustling tourist destination of Isla Mujeres. The hotel will feature Mexican architecture and design and will be located on the seafront, allowing guests to enjoy access to a white sand beach and turquoise sea.
The luxury hotel will have 498 guest rooms and suites, which all overlooking the sea and tropical gardens. The contemporary guest rooms will feature modern amenities such as LCD TVs, wireless Internet, mini bars and private balconies with spectacular views. There will be Royal Service available for adults with dedicated private butlers, as well as Family Concierge which helps guests plans activities for all of the family.
During their stay at the beachfront resort, guests of all ages will have access to a wide range of facilities and services. These include four swimming pools, a motor lobby, arcade room, covered theatre, outdoor plaza for entertainment and shows, a coffee bar, juice bar, a kids’ club, a private marina, four business centre stations, and a convention centre with a ballroom that can accommodate up to 1,500 people.
For the ultimate pampering experiences, guests can head to the YHI Spa and indulge in a pampering massage, facial or body therapy. As well as tranquil treatment rooms, there will be relaxation areas, two fitness centres and wellness activities such as yoga and meditation.
The property will have six bars and seven restaurants that offer diverse, international cuisine. These include the Italian Grill, Asiatic Fusion, Mexican Gourmet and Gastro Bar which is led by the world-class Michelin-star chef, Martin Berasategui. For al fresco dining, there will be the El Pescador (adults-only), Barefoot Grill (for young adults) and Footprints (for children).
During their stay, guests can enjoy close proximity to the vibrant Isla Mujeres which has lively bars, gourmet restaurants, shops, and a Greg Norman- designed golf course. Downtown Cancun is just ten minutes away, where guests can enjoy shopping, a vibrant nightlife, and excursions to ancient Mayan temples and ruins or the tropical jungle.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Spoil yourself rotten with a pampering holiday at one of Cancun's most luxurious all inclusive resorts, with a long list of fully-included facilities, activities and services - everyone in the family is guaranteed to be pleased!
- Just 30 minutes away from Xcaret Park, an Ecological & Archaeological Theme Park with various family activities
- Explorer's Club for ages 3-12 and Core Zone for ages 9-17 provide a whole host of activities from euro-bungee to big screen movies on the beach
- Book now and Enjoy a fantastic upgrade to Preferred Club Junior Suite Tropical View Room and gain various added values including Upgraded mini-bar service and bath amenities
- As well as food & beverages, Unlimited-Luxury includes theme parties, daytime and evening entertainment and all the activities at the kids and teens clubs
Use up to $2500 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Don't miss out on this incredible offer Kids 17 and under stay, play and eat free
- The Illusionists are appearing at the resort from 22nd December - 3rd Jan & The amazing Backstreet Boys are appearing on the 29th December*
- Awesome resort credits with up to $2500 to spend on spa treatments, dolphin swims, access to the Wet 'N' Wild waterpark and much more
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Signature element of wine with a winery including over 3000 varieties of wine
- Unlimited-Luxury® privileges include gourmet dining at 6 restaurants, a poolside grill, a cafe and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 6 bars and lounges
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at the nearby Playa Mujeres Golf Club
- Stay in an adults-only ultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
Get up to $3600 resort credits to spend on luxurious extras like spa treatments, golf, excursions and so much more!
- Stay for 10 Nights or more and up to 2 kids up to the age of 12 stay free
- Relax and rejuvenate at the world-class spa with 75 treatment rooms
- Dine at a wide choice of restaurants specialising in Italian, Asian and Mexican cuisine
- Enjoy Up to $3600 resort credit to spend on spa, excursions, golf and more
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
The Riviera Maya has long been one of the touristic gems of the Americas. The Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun is set just...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Explore the historical riches of the Riviera Maya and marvel at the abundant natural beauty of its Caribbean coastline...
Take advantage of the amazing perks available at the all-inclusive Grand Ocean Oasis Sens while on a long 15-day holiday...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...