New Chairman appointed for Egyptian Tourism Promotion Board
The Egyptian Tourism Promotion Board has appointed Ahmed Yousef as its new chairman. The country's Minister of Tourism Rania Al-Mashat selected Yousef to lead the organisation. Yousef has worked on marketing and brand strategies for several multi-national companies such as Sony Electronics, ExxonMobil and biotech company Syngenta. He started the role with immediate effect after the former chairman Hisham El Demery resigned in March.
Ahmed Yousef has been appointed as the new chairman of the Egypt Tourism Promotion Board. Yousef was selected by Rania Al-Mashat, the Minister of Tourism to lead the organisation.
Yousef has already begun the role at the Egyptian Tourism Promotion Board, after the former chairman, Hisham El Demery, stepped down last month. Prior to his new role which will lead tourism in Egypt, Yousef worked in marketing and branding roles at a number of multi-national companies such as Sony Electronics, ExxonMobil and biotech company Syngenta. He holds bachelor of mechanical engineering, as well as a Masters in business administration.
This week, the former chairperson of the Egyptian Tourism Federation (ETF), Elhamy El-Zayyat, and a member of the board of directors of the Egyptian Chamber Hotel, Haitham Nassar, announced a new strategy which will help develop the tourism sector in Egypt within the next two years. The two-year plan aims to attract 16.6 million tourists to Egypt between now and 2020, and is in cooperation with Abla Abdullatif, the chairperson of the Egyptian Centre for Economic Studies (ECES).
Mr Abdullatif, explained:
“The strategy aims to make Egypt a high-quality tourism destination by 2020. We could not develop a vision that applies for a longer period of time because global tourism changes very fast.
“We have a goal for each market based on the size of its population and kind of activity. We divided activities into four different groups based on tourist spending.
“Spending rates for the various tourism patterns start from less than $25 to up to $250 per night.”
Egypt is a country that sits in the northeast corner of Africa on the Mediterranean Sea, between Africa, Asia and Europe. The nation is home to ancient monuments and is rich in history and heritage. Home to some of the world’s famous historic monuments, temples and sites, the destination has always been a hotspot for international tourists.
Holidaymakers can visit the world-famous pyramids, explore the Valley of the Kings, sail along the world’s longest river, the Nile, or go scuba diving in the Red Sea. Popular tourist destinations include the capital city of Cairo, Alexandria, Luxor, and the coastal resorts of Hurghada and Sharm el Sheikh.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Egypt Browse all
Enjoy a fun-filled stay on King's Island in the Nile River, with plenty of activities on offer at the hotel as well as being only a 10 minute drive away from Luxor downtown
- Cocktails, beverages and light meals are served in the lounge and drinks on deck until sun set
- Great selection of bars and restaurants, with everything from buffet to fine French cuisine, plus the Fellah Tent provides an overview of Oriental traditions
- Leisure facilities include two large swimming pools with waterfalls, separate children's pool and an adults only pool, plus floodlit tennis courts, a jogging track, fishing, an air conditioned gym and more!
Enjoy plenty of opportunities for relaxations and entertainment at this luxury all inclusive resort
- Indulge in some spectacular cuisines with a wide variety of 11 restaurants and bars to choose from
- Make the most of your holiday with the on-site Pirates Diving School who offer a range of PADI courses suitable for all ages
- Enjoy a relaxing day on the private beach or let loose with a host of water sports on offer
Sail the mighty River Nile, see the world's largest open air museum in Luxor and Discover the Great Pyramids of Giza in Cairo, the treasures of bygone days
- Enjoy the spectacular views of the River Nile from the Sun Deck of the Swiss Inn Radamis II
- Great Pyramids of Giza only a stone throw away from the Mercure Le Sphinx
- Discover the World's largest open air museum in Luxor whilst staying at the Karnak Temple
The perfect escape for couples with exclusive added values not to be missed
- Enjoy a number of complimentary added value offers - must be booked by 15th January 2018
- Free room upgrade to the Superior Deluxe Suite
- Free Romantic Dinner for 2 plus a bottle of wine on Arrival
- Free upgrade to private transfers
AMC Royal Hotel is situated on the sandy beach of the Red Sea inbetween Hurghada and El Gouna. The resort overlooks its...
Enjoy the lush facilities and accommodations of the all-inclusive Hilton Hurghada Resort in Egypt and discover a...
Le Meridien Pyramids is beautifully located offering unmatched views of the ancient Pyramids of Giza. Set just a short...
Cairo is a place of rich contrasts; a bustling metropolis which still hosts some of Egypt's most treasured historical...
Enter into the colourful clash of cultures that is Cairo and marvel at the ageless monuments that adorn the capital of...
Get to know some of the most amazing sites in Egypt during a luxurious 15-day stay at the Sheraton Cairo Hotel, Towers...