Ras Al Khaimah hosts World Travel Awards Middle East Gala Ceremony
The World Travel Awards (WTA) Middle East Gala Ceremony was hosted by Ras Al Khaimah for the first time last month. The glamorous ceremony marked the start of the 2018 World Travel Awards Grand Tour, and took place at the Waldorf Astoria Ras al Khaimah, which was also named as the Leading Resort in Ras Al Khaimah on the night. Winners of the regional ceremonies will go onto the Grand Final in Portugal in December.
Ras Al Khaimah hosted the World Travel Awards (WTA) Middle East Gala Ceremony for the first time last month. The regional ceremony honoured the best of the Middle East’s travel and tourism sector, and it kick-started the WTA Grand Tour 2018.
The Middle East Gala Ceremony took place at the luxurious Waldorf Astoria Ras al Khaimah. The luxury property was named as the Leading Resort in Ras Al Khaimah at the glitzy event.
Graham Cooke, the President and Founder of the World Travel Awards, said:
“What an evening it has been here in Ras al Khaimah at the Waldorf Astoria. We have had the privilege to recognize many of the best hotels, airlines and hospitality providers from many destinations across the Middle East and my sincere congratulations to each of them.”
Mr Cooke added:
“Our winners this evening will now move forward to the Grand Final 2018, which is this year taking place in Lisbon, capital of Portugal, in December.”
Among the winners were The Ritz-Carlton Ras Al Khaimah, Al Wadi Desert, which was named the Middle East’s Leading Luxury Desert Resort, and the Oberoi Beach Resort, Al Zorah, which scooped the title of the Middle East’s Leading Luxury Villa Resort. Oman Air won the award for the Middle East’s Leading Airline – Business Class and Middle East’s Leading Airline – Economy Class, while the Dubai-based Emirates airline was named the Middle East’s Leading Airline. The Ras al Khaimah Tourism Development Authority (RAKTDA), was recognised as the Middle East’s Leading Adventure Tourism Destination.
Ras al Khaimah is one of the seven United Arab Emirates, and an up and coming tourist destination. The country is home to spectacular natural landscapes, from mountains to vast sandy beaches. Home to 64 kilometres of coastline, deserts, grassy plains, and majestic mountains, Ras al Khaimah is a hotspot for adventure and nature enthusiasts.
The Waldorf Astoria Ras Al Khaimah resort sits amid the vast desert against a backdrop of the aquamarine sea and jagged mountains. The beachfront hotel has 346 guest rooms and suites, many of which boast views of the ocean. Guests can enjoy in-room amenities such as wireless internet, HD plasma TVs, minibars, MP3 players, bathrooms with separate showers and bath tubs, and personal concierge.
The upscale resort has 10 gourmet restaurants, a full-service spa, an 18-hole golf course, tennis courts, a fitness centre, and a kids’ club. During their stay, guests can take part in fun activities and sports such as golf, tennis, horse riding, deep sea fishing, parasailing, jet skiing, scuba diving, snorkelling, wake boarding, sailing and water skiing.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Ras Al Khaimah Browse all
Warm and cosy atmosphere in the 54 individually-styled villas offering 219 rooms and suites
- Make the most of your dream holiday while your kids are having fun at the outdoor open air play area
- Complimentary shuttle bus to Dubai Mall
- Best quality services including health club, gymnasium, sauna and much more
Get the royal treatment at an exclusive island retreat where everything is designed with your ultimate pampering in mind.
- Add a VIP package, including No.1 Gatwick Lounge Access, Dubai Airport Fast Track and tickets to Burj Khalifa, from Â£99 per person
- Create a true sensory experience with tailored treatments, relaxing massages, traditional Turkish and Moroccan Hammams
- Explore local wildlife beauty with discovery walks, traditional camel rides, rock climbing, desert safaris and more
- Sink into spacious rooms and suites set in sophisticated Moorish design and featuring first-class amenities
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Enjoy a varied selection of fun activities and evening entertainment at an outstandingly beautiful beach and golf resort.
- Up to 2 children eat and stay for free!
- Luxuriate at the Spa and select from an array of water sports while your children have fun at the Kids' Club
- Footsteps from the silky sands of Ras Al Khaimah's coastline
Located on the man-made island of Al Marjan, Rixos Bab Al Bahr lies near Ras Al Khaimah. Everything from tourist...
Discover the beauty of Ras al Khaimah during your stay at the luxurious Doubletree by Hilton Resort and Spa Marjan...
With a good choice of amenities, surrounded by landscaped gardens and an 18-hole golf course, the Hilton Al Hamra Beach...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...
Beautify designed Acacia Hotel By Bin Majid Hotels and Resorts is located in the business district of Ras Al Khaimah...
Pamper yourself at Al Hamra Village Golf & Beach resort - one the most picturesque resorts of Ras Al Khaimah. The hotel...