Mauritius Tourism Authority welcomes increase in travellers from UK between January and March
The Mauritius Tourism Promotion Authority has revealed that the island nation received an increase in UK travellers in the first quarter of 2018. Between January and March, the country recorded a nine percent increase in tourists from the UK. The growth is said to have been helped by the refurbishment of many of the island’s services and products including hotels and attractions.
The island of Mauritius has recorded a recent increase in the number of travellers from the UK. According to the Mauritius Tourism Promotion Authority, the island saw a nine per cent rise in UK tourists between January and March 2018.
The growth in UK tourist numbers in Mauritius is said to have been helped by the refurbishment and upgrade of many of the island’s services and products including hotels, restaurants and attractions. This year also marks the island’s 50th anniversary of independence and the tourism board has been working with UK travel agents and trade partners to promote the tropical island in the UK.
This year, the tourism board will be hosting a series of events for agents, and it will hold its regional roadshow. In June, the Mauritius Tourism Promotion Authority will hold its Golf and Spa Day.
Mauritius is located in the Indian Ocean and is one of the most picturesque destinations in the world. The island is home to beautiful natural landscapes, such as white sandy palm-fringed beaches, aquamarine sea, and emerald-sloped rolling hills. The country is a hotspot for romantic getaways, honeymoons, and fun family breaks thanks to its variety of fun activities and all-year-round sunshine.
In the capital city of Port Louis, on the north-west coast of the island, holidaymakers can stroll along streets lined with historic buildings and sites such as the Forte Adelaide, the UNESCO-listed Aapravasi Ghat, and Place D’Armes. At the Caudan Waterfront, there is a selection of restaurants, cafes, and shops where tourists can sample local cuisine and purchase gifts and souvenirs.
For nature lovers, the Black River Gorges National Park boasts cascading waterfalls, thriving rainforests, and diverse wildlife species. The Crocodile and Giant Tortoise Park is a fantastic attraction to catch sightings of these huge creatures.
Mauritius is surrounded by thriving reefs that are home to colourful marine creatures. Tourists can snorkel and swim alongside sea turtles, parrot fish, groupers, angelfish, trumpet and vibrant clown fish. Scuba divers can delve into crystal-clear waters and access a number of diving sites including cliffs, caverns, reefs, pinnacles and sunken shipwrecks. There are plenty of fun water sports to also enjoy, such as kayaking, sailing, windsurfing, snorkelling, deep sea fishing and paddle boarding.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mauritius Browse all
Set on the island's longest beach, beside a snorkelling paradise, Long Beach is a modern wonder with mountain scenery and an urban twist
- Enjoy a range of water sports including kayaking, boat tours and paddles boats
- Golfers can take advantage of complimentary green fees and the Free Shuttle Service to Ile aux Cerfs Championship Course
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
With three beautiful beaches to choose from, this one-of-a-kind retreat offers bespoke experiences with a soothing and rejuvenating Feng Shui philosophy
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
- Surrounded by two pristine beaches, three spectacular swimming pools and peaceful lagoons
- Relax at the spa - providing an combination experience of nutrition, yoga, spa treatments & retreats
- Enjoy complimentary activities including snorkelling, kayaking, water skiing, glass-bottom boat trips
Intercontinental Mauritius + Hyatt Regency Dubai
- Stay at the Hyatt Regency Dubai, the only hotel with a restaurant that has a 360 degree view
- Intercontinental Mauritius is located on one of the most picturesque parts of the island
- Fantastic selection of facilities and amenities await at the Intercontinental Mauritius, including free Wi-Fi, children's club and fun activities for all ages
The perfect location
- Enjoy All Inclusive in beautiful Mauritius and just unwind at the beach
- Combine the best of two worlds in one journey - relax in Mauritian paradise and experience stunning Dubai
- Experience world-class dining in both incredible countries
The Ambre Hotel is one exclusive property that will enthral travellers and boasts uninterrupted views of the tropical...
Enjoy the stunning Indian Ocean coastline at the Heritage Awali, sitting in a prime location to admire and savour the...
The luxurious-new InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort overlooks the beaches of the Bay of Balaclava. This...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
Get rid of stress and become one with nature at the Merville Beach - Grand Baie hotel in Mauritius. Located next to a...
Situated in the North West of Mauritius, Recif Attitude is an exclusive adults only hotel, overlooking a marine...
Make Mauritius your next holiday and revel in the tropical sun while lounging on sugary white sands and drinking in the...