Virgin Atlantic launches two new reward credit cards
Virgin Atlantic is now offering two new reward credit cards. The Virgin Atlantic Reward card has no annual fee and offers .075 miles for every £1 spent. The Virgin Atlantic Reward+ credit card comes with a £160 fee, but offers 1.5 miles per £1 spent. Points earned through the cards can be used for flights, upgrades, and companion tickets.
Virgin Atlantic recently launched two credit cards that reward borrowers with points that can be used on flights, upgrades and free “companion tickets.”
One of the cards, the Virgin Atlantic Reward credit card has no annual fee and offers 0.75 “Flying Club” miles for every £1 spent. You’ll also get 5,000 points with the first card purchase as long as it’s within 90 days of the account opening.
The Virgin Atlantic Reward+ credit card costs £160 a year. Borrowers earn 1.5 miles per £1 spent and 15,000 bonus points with the first card purchases within 90 days.
Borrowers are able to earn double miles with Virgin flights and Virgin holidays with both cards if booked direct. Both cards offer six months interest-free for balance transfers and money transfers after an initial 3pc fee.
You can use the points on upgrades and companion seats once you hit a spending limit. But the best rewards are saved for the big spenders.
Once Virgin customers have spent £20,000 on the reward card or £10,000 on the reward+ card, they are eligible to choose a free upgrade or companion ticket when they purchase their own.
Borrowers must sign up for Virgin’s Flying Club which offers tiered membership. For Red Flying Club members, the first level, the free ticket must be in economy. Silver members can get a premium seat. For Gold members, companions can sit in any cabin. These are return tickets and are valid for two years. Passengers will still need to pay taxes and surcharges.
Silver and Gold members have additional options such as a voucher for a Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse, the airport VIP lounge, Gold members can choose two clubhouse passes instead of the above options.
To move up the membership ladder, and get better perks, you’ll need to spend significantly more.
A Silver member needs 400 tier points a year. These could be earned from an upper class return flight, two premium return flights or four “economy delight” return flights. Gold members need 1,000 points a year.
Flying Club miles can be used on “reward flights.” These are split between standard season dates or peak season. Peak season flights will cost more miles.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Discover everything the ‘Island of the Gods’ has to offer with a stay in the buzzing Seminyak area
- Restore your inner balance at Taum Spa or take a surfing lesson
- Incredible value upgrades to private pool rooms
- Complimentary shuttle to town centre and Petitenget Beach
Discover Be Live Collection Punta Cana's pristine white beaches, swaying palms and pulsating Latin vibe
Enjoy a fabulous holiday by the sparkling turquoise beaches of Punta Cana where you'll find endless fun as well as plenty of relaxing options
- Unlimited access to a fantastic beach that's perfect for snorkelling
- Enjoy luxury with a 24-Hour All-Inclusive Service
- Great facilities for all the family plus children stay for half the price
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Exciting marine and entertainment attractions that the whole family can enjoy
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Use up to $2500 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Don't miss out on this incredible offer Kids 17 and under stay, play and eat free
- The Illusionists are appearing at the resort from 22nd December - 3rd Jan & The amazing Backstreet Boys are appearing on the 29th December*
- Awesome resort credits with up to $2500 to spend on spa treatments, dolphin swims, access to the Wet 'N' Wild waterpark and much more
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Located in Deira, within old Dubai, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Muraqabat offers a prime opportunity to explore the...
This stunning 4 star property, Novotel Abu Dhabi Al Bustan hotel, offers guests an ideal base from which to discover Abu...