Ribbon cut on Casa Club Puntarena beach club in new tourism project in Dom Rep
President Danilo Medina, the President of the Dominican Republic, has cut the ribbon on the new Casa Club Puntarena beach club at the Puntarena tourism project beach in Sabana Buey. Located in the southern Peravia province, the beachfront Puntarena development will take seven years to build and will cost $1.5 billion. It will feature several hotels, the beach club, a yacht marina, stables, a sports club, ecological trails, beach condos, and restaurants and shops.
The Dominican Republic’s President Danilo Medina has cut the ribbon the first phase of the new Puntarena tourism project. The luxury Casa Club Puntarena beach club has opened and is part of the new tourism development that is set to become the country’s next Punta Cana.
Located in Sabana Buey in the municipality of Bani in the Dominican Republic, the beach club sits on Los Corbanitos beach. The club has a restaurant, bar, kitchen and terrace and pool with views of the sea.
As well as the opening of the beach club, Puntarena broke ground on its first hotel. The boutique beach hotel will have 94 guest rooms with sea views and two beach condos. According to Frank Rainieri, the CEO of Puntarena, the beach-condo hotel will have seven buildings with four levels, which will overlook Las Calderas Bay and Salinas.
“The project will create 7,00 jobs in the medium term, with a projection of more than 13,000 long-term jobs.”
Stated Mr Rainieri.
Puntarena is a $1.5 billion tourism project that is underway in the undeveloped southern province of Peravia. The development is being built on 15.5 million square metres of land, spanning eight miles of tropical coastline. Of the land, only six million square metres will be developed, and the rest will protect the surrounding natural landscapes.
Situated 30 miles from the historic city of Santo Domingo and its international airport, the tourism project will boast a wide range of facilities, spaces and services. These will include an ecological reserve, and a public beach, which will be managed by the GPC Foundation Institute.
The first stage of the development is Bahia Flamenco phase which will have single-family residential units, a hotel with 600 apartments that overlook the mountains and sea, and a luxury hotel with 4,400 guest rooms and suites and upscale facilities. Guests will also have access to a yacht marina, stables, a sports club, ecological trails, cafes, bars, shops and gourmet restaurants.
The project will bring a welcome boost to the region’s economy and will put it on the map as a destination for tourists of all ages. Home to beautiful beaches, mountains, and turquoise sea, the region is a fantastic getaway for nature and adventure lovers.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dominican Republic Browse all
Discover Be Live Collection Punta Cana's pristine white beaches, swaying palms and pulsating Latin vibe
Enjoy a fabulous holiday by the sparkling turquoise beaches of Punta Cana where you'll find endless fun as well as plenty of relaxing options
- Unlimited access to a fantastic beach that's perfect for snorkelling
- Enjoy luxury with a 24-Hour All-Inclusive Service
- Great facilities for all the family plus children stay for half the price
Enjoy the relaxed vibes of the all inclusive resort in Punta Cana, complete with exclusive extras for couples!
- Enjoy a la carte cuisine in La Gondola, La perla or grills at media luna
- The resort is set in a picturesque location beside a secluded stretch of beach at Punta Cana
- Receive a 10% discount at the hotel spa
This all inclusive resort provides luxurious holidaying at its very best with a true Dominican flavour
- Boasting a wonderful location, immaculate tropical gardens, and a stunning stretch of beach
- A choice of six specialty restaurants featuring Mexican, Oriental, Steak House and more
- Honeymoon couples receive a bottle of champagne, fruit basket and a romantic dinner
A couples' dream, located between a lush green tropical jungle and a beautiful sandy beach ensures total relaxation
- The Sip, Savor & See Dining Experience includes complimentary dinner, drinks and entertainment at a restaurant or bar at a participating resort of their choice
- Guestrooms and Suites provide a wealth of amenities including a daily refreshed mini bar, 24 hour room and concierge services, a large TV and much more
- The resort has a great location next to a pristine golden sand beach and lush tropical jungle
A holiday at the Dominican Republic's Punta Cana is highly recommended for several reasons. Find out for yourself why so...
Unwind and enjoy the beauty of the Caribbean Sea at the all-inclusive Now Larimar Punta Cana, located on the...
A holiday on the picturesque beaches of the Dominican Republic is what most everyone dreams about. Make your dreams come...
Enjoy the best of the Dominican Republic with a holiday at Bayahibe, a resort town choke full of attractions. Beside...
Beautifully located on the Dominican Republic´s lush southeast coast, Casa de Campo is a magnificent eco-friendly...
Spend eight unforgettable days in the easternmost tip of the Dominican Republic enjoying Punta Cana's pristine beaches...