New Hotel Indigo Saigon The City in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
The InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) has signed a management agreement with Europe Trading Investment Company Limited to open the new Hotel Indigo Saigon The City in Ho Chi Minh City in Vietnam. The hotel will have 150 guest rooms and is scheduled to open in 2019, and will be the global hotel group's second property to open in the South East Asian country.
The InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) has announced it will manage a new hotel in Vietnam. The global hotel group signed a management agreement with Europe Trading Investment Company Limited for the new Hotel Indigo Saigon The City in Ho Chi Minh City.
The new-build hotel will be located on District 1’s Ly Tu Trong Street in Ba Son, a bustling neighbourhood that sits on the site of the former Ba Son Naval Shipyard and boasts an array of local cafes, restaurants and shops. The property will have 150 guest rooms and will be the hotel group’s second hotel to open in Vietnam.
Scheduled to open to guests in 2019, the Hotel Indigo Saigon The City will be designed to reflect the neighbourhood’s character and history. As well as elegant décor in its guest rooms and three meeting rooms, the hotel will feature a street-front café which will serve Vietnamese culinary delights using local ingredients. During their stay, guests will be located close to bustling cafes, shops and attractions including the Saigon Opera House and Saigon Notre-Dame Basilica.
The property will be developed by Europe Trading Investment Company Limited, which owns a number of hotels, and is planning to expand its portfolio. Focusing on the lifestyle sector. IHG currently operates three Hotel Indigo hotels in South East Asia. These include Hotel Indigo Bali Seminyak Beach, which opened in Indonesia in 2017. In Vietnam, Hotel Indigo Saigon The City will launch in 2019 and Hotel Indigo Phu Quoc Starbay in 2021. The company is planning to open a further nine Hotel Indigo-branded properties in the region within the next three to five years.
Ho Chi Minh City is located in southern Vietnam and is famous for its French colonial architecture and landmarks. Holidaymakers can explore attractions and sites such as Notre-Dame Cathedral, the 19th-century Central Post Office, the Independence Palace, the War Remnants Market, and the bustling Ben Thanh Market, which is lined with stalls selling textiles, food, souvenirs and handicrafts. Family-friendly attractions include Saigon Zoo and Botanical Gardens, Suoi Tien Amusement Park, Dam Sen Water Park, Ho May Park, Monkey Island and Binh Quoi Tourist Village.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Vietnam Browse all
Join an adventure through Vietnam’s most memorable sights culminating in a tropical island stay
- Time to relax on the stunning beaches and turquoise waters of Phu Quoc tropical island
- Overnight cruise on a traditionally-designed junk boat on Halong Bay with meals included
- Entrance fees for all included sightseeing, meals as per itinerary and local guides included
An in-depth exploration of Vietnam taking in Saigon, the Mekong Delta, Hoi An, Hue and Hanoi with time left over to relax on the beach
- Overnight cruise on a traditional Junk boat on Halong Bay with meals included
- Time to relax on the picturesque beaches of central Vietnam
- Local guides in each destination and entrance fees for all included sightseeing
Get under the skin of Vietnam with an adventurous tour taking in the classic sights as well as getting off the beaten track
- Overnight train to Sapa - hike through the hills and meet remote communities
- Overnight cruise down the Mekong River on a converted rice barge with all modern amenities
- Spend the night in Halong Bay and see the sun rise over the remarkable karst landscape (includes meals)
Explore the most iconic sites of Indochina during the unforgettable Highlights of Indochina, Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos - Deluxe Tour
You will visit historical sites of Vietnam, discover the heritage of Laos, and explore the beautiful Angkor Complex in Cambodia.
- Tour around Ben Tre River in Vietnam and enjoy a variety of activities, including a visit to any of coconut processing workshops and riding a motocart through rice fields and vegetable plains.
- Watch the sun rise over the blue waters of tranquil Halong Bay, and then cruise through emerald waters of the Gulf of Tonkin.
- Participate in Baci Ceremony, an integral part of the Laos culture, and explore the Luang Prabang Night Market with its handmade textiles and local street food
Exotic and compelling, Vietnam is one of the most remarkable travel destinations in the world. The Essential Vietnam...
Wander from exciting cities to astonishing scenic beauty via peaceful beaches on a tour through the most remarkable...
Wander from exciting cities to astonishing scenic beauty via peaceful beaches and the best preserved old towns in...
See all the most iconic sights of Indochina on this trip of a lifetime through Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam. Explore the...
Discover the beauty of a superb Centara Sandy Beach Resort Danang, located by the pristine stretch of beach and...