World Travel Awards gets ready to celebrate silver anniversary
Renowned as the "Oscars" of the travel industry, the World Travel Awards will celebrate its silver anniversary this year. Festivities for 25 years of recognising excellence in the travel and leisure sectors will kick off at the up and coming UAE destination of Ras Al Khaimah and continue on to other cities during the Awards' Grand Tour 2018.
Founded in 1993 by Graham Cooke, the World Travel Awards were created to acknowledge and encourage the highest standards of quality and innovation in the tourism sector. In 2018, the prestigious organisation will be celebrating its 25th anniversary, an event that marks its success recognising leaders in the hospitality industry for a quarter of a century. As the date approaches, organisers are gearing up to make festivities unforgettable.
Given its great importance, the silver anniversary will be celebrated in not just one but a handful of cities across the world. Nonetheless, the honour of kicking off the events has been granted to the up and coming destination of Ras Al Khaimah in the UAE. This city is rising as a holiday hotspot thanks to its sunny weather, fascinating culture, sandy beaches and varied entertainment options. On 19th April, World Travel Awards will host the annual Middle East Gala Ceremony at the Waldorf Astoria Ras Al Khaimah.
As part of the Grand Tour 2018, festivities will continue and spread to other latitudes recognised for their strong position as tourism retreats. These destinations include Athens in Greece, Jamaica, Hong Kong, Guayaquil in Ecuador, the South African city of Durban, and Portuguese tourism hotspot Lisbon.
Graham Cooke shared his pride on making the awards the most important event in the travel and hospitality industries. When speaking of the silver anniversary, he said:
“World Travel Awards has maintained its position as the industry leader for the past 25 years, consistently proving its value as a benchmark for excellence in the hospitality business globally. This year will be extra special as we will be celebrating our 25th anniversary so there is a lot to look forward to, starting with our Middle East Gala Ceremony 2018 at the Waldorf Astoria Ras Al Khaimah.”
Voting for the Middle East event will open on 1st February and World Travel Awards is currently inviting interested hospitality providers, airlines and tour operators to submit an application if they wish to take part in the amazing gala. Nominations are the only way to be chosen as the winner by the panel of experts.
Every year, World Travel Wards count with an international jury of hospitality experts and peers, mainly form World Travel and Tourism Council, who decide on awards presented to hotels and other hospitality companies. These accolades can be given both on a world level and international region level in a wide range of categories including hotels, airlines, travel agencies and car-hire companies.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Ras Al Khaimah Browse all
Warm and cosy atmosphere in the 54 individually-styled villas offering 219 rooms and suites
- Make the most of your dream holiday while your kids are having fun at the outdoor open air play area
- Complimentary shuttle bus to Dubai Mall
- Best quality services including health club, gymnasium, sauna and much more
Get the royal treatment at an exclusive island retreat where everything is designed with your ultimate pampering in mind.
- Add a VIP package, including No.1 Gatwick Lounge Access, Dubai Airport Fast Track and tickets to Burj Khalifa, from Â£99 per person
- Create a true sensory experience with tailored treatments, relaxing massages, traditional Turkish and Moroccan Hammams
- Explore local wildlife beauty with discovery walks, traditional camel rides, rock climbing, desert safaris and more
- Sink into spacious rooms and suites set in sophisticated Moorish design and featuring first-class amenities
Enjoy a varied selection of fun activities and evening entertainment at an outstandingly beautiful beach and golf resort.
- Up to 2 children eat and stay for free!
- Luxuriate at the Spa and select from an array of water sports while your children have fun at the Kids' Club
- Footsteps from the silky sands of Ras Al Khaimah's coastline
Plush accommodation, sumptuous interiors, lavish facilities and outstanding fine dining experiences come together for the ultimate luxury holiday of a lifetime.
- Explore the stunning beach at Ras Al Khaimah
- Up to 2 children eat and stay for free
- Take advantage of the 350m stretch of private beach and great range of outdoor activities with the chance to play golf under the stars
Located on the man-made island of Al Marjan, Rixos Bab Al Bahr lies near Ras Al Khaimah. Everything from tourist...
Discover the beauty of Ras al Khaimah during your stay at the luxurious Doubletree by Hilton Resort and Spa Marjan...
With a good choice of amenities, surrounded by landscaped gardens and an 18-hole golf course, the Hilton Al Hamra Beach...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...
Beautify designed Acacia Hotel By Bin Majid Hotels and Resorts is located in the business district of Ras Al Khaimah...
Pamper yourself at Al Hamra Village Golf & Beach resort - one the most picturesque resorts of Ras Al Khaimah. The hotel...