Caribbean Airlines Limited launches new route to Cuba
Starting on Friday 12th January, Caribbean Airline Limited (CAL) will make inter-regional travel simpler as it begins operating flights to Cuba from four other islands: Barbados, Trinidad, Grenada and Guyana. In an attempt to promote the new route, CAL launched a campaign called "Hola Cuba" which is offering a 50 per cent discount on tickets.
With Cuba growing as a destination in the international market, Caribbean Airlines Limited (CAL) has decided to include the country in its portfolio and will begin operating flights to the island since 12th January. This new route looks to make inter-regional travel easier as it connects Cuba with Barbados, Grenada, Guyana and Trinidad; four other Caribbean islands.
Recognised on four occasions as the "Caribbean's Leading Airline" by the prestigious World Travel Awards, Caribbean Airlines Limited is the state-owned airline and flag carrier of Trinidad and Tobago. Headquartered in Iere House in Piarco, the airline currently employs more than 1,700 people and operates flights to the Caribbean, North America, Central America and South America from its base at Piarco International Airport.
In order to promote its new Cuba route, the Trinidad-based carrier has launched a special campaign called “Hola Cuba”. This initiative offers customers a 50 per cent fare reduction, which applies for return trip economy seats, inclusive of fees and taxes, for travel between 13th January and 6th February.
During an interview with Newsday, a Trinidad and Tobago newspaper, CAL’s Corporate Communications Manager Dionne Ligoure expressed his optimism for the new route, as he declared bookings so far were quite promising. On the flip side, he explained that Cubans also have a keen interest in a range of CAL destinations. Overall, Ligoure determined:
“The bookings and interest are excellent and we expect this trend to continue.”
Ligoure later went on to explain that the introduction of this service coincides with the airline’s new destination campaign, “Hello Caribbean”, which highlights the uniqueness and charm of all destinations it serves. He stated:
“CAL is looking inward, with an increased focus on customer experience, with a view to growing our business. Our customers can look forward to other new and exciting developments in key areas as 2018 unfolds.”
The new flights will operate to Havana’s Jose Marti International Airport from Piarco International Airport, Trinidad, with easy connections to and from Barbados, Grenada and Guyana. These operations are still subject to approvals by the TT Civil Aviation Authority. With the Cuba route, CAL reaches the sum of 20 destinations in its diverse list of destinations.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Delight in the best Cuba has to offer with this stunning beach and city twin centre holiday
- Add Havana half-day tour from £49pp, taking in Revolution Square, Malecón and the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Old Havana
- Iberostar Tainos is designed in the style of a traditional Caribbean village with two-storey bungalows that comprise spacious and elegant rooms
- Enjoy a historic stay in Havana at the NH Capri Hotel, which opened in 1957 and was initially run by the mafia
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 30th Apr
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
One of Havana's most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the NH Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Club Kawama depicts a traditional hacienda type atmosphere, but in actual fact it's an All Inclusive resort. Beautifully...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...