Caribbean Airlines Limited launches new route to Cuba
Starting on Friday 12th January, Caribbean Airline Limited (CAL) will make inter-regional travel simpler as it begins operating flights to Cuba from four other islands: Barbados, Trinidad, Grenada and Guyana. In an attempt to promote the new route, CAL launched a campaign called "Hola Cuba" which is offering a 50 per cent discount on tickets.
With Cuba growing as a destination in the international market, Caribbean Airlines Limited (CAL) has decided to include the country in its portfolio and will begin operating flights to the island since 12th January. This new route looks to make inter-regional travel easier as it connects Cuba with Barbados, Grenada, Guyana and Trinidad; four other Caribbean islands.
Recognised on four occasions as the "Caribbean's Leading Airline" by the prestigious World Travel Awards, Caribbean Airlines Limited is the state-owned airline and flag carrier of Trinidad and Tobago. Headquartered in Iere House in Piarco, the airline currently employs more than 1,700 people and operates flights to the Caribbean, North America, Central America and South America from its base at Piarco International Airport.
In order to promote its new Cuba route, the Trinidad-based carrier has launched a special campaign called “Hola Cuba”. This initiative offers customers a 50 per cent fare reduction, which applies for return trip economy seats, inclusive of fees and taxes, for travel between 13th January and 6th February.
During an interview with Newsday, a Trinidad and Tobago newspaper, CAL’s Corporate Communications Manager Dionne Ligoure expressed his optimism for the new route, as he declared bookings so far were quite promising. On the flip side, he explained that Cubans also have a keen interest in a range of CAL destinations. Overall, Ligoure determined:
“The bookings and interest are excellent and we expect this trend to continue.”
Ligoure later went on to explain that the introduction of this service coincides with the airline’s new destination campaign, “Hello Caribbean”, which highlights the uniqueness and charm of all destinations it serves. He stated:
“CAL is looking inward, with an increased focus on customer experience, with a view to growing our business. Our customers can look forward to other new and exciting developments in key areas as 2018 unfolds.”
The new flights will operate to Havana’s Jose Marti International Airport from Piarco International Airport, Trinidad, with easy connections to and from Barbados, Grenada and Guyana. These operations are still subject to approvals by the TT Civil Aviation Authority. With the Cuba route, CAL reaches the sum of 20 destinations in its diverse list of destinations.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Unwind, relax and take it easy in Varadero before a truly Cuban experience in Havana
- Memories Miramar Havana is perfect for those wanting to visit the old Havana, yet stay in total luxury and comfort
- Miniclub for children from 2 to 12 years old at Blau Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
The Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is the perfect place to feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, and will...
Beautifully perched on the panoramic Mensura Hill, surrounded by striking greenery, this blessed and secluded natural...
Club Kawama depicts a traditional hacienda type atmosphere, but in actual fact it's an All Inclusive resort. Beautifully...
Get away to one of Cuba's best kept secrets for a dream holiday at Club Amigo Atlantico. Guardalavaca is known to host...