Sandals debuts new resorts in Caribbean
Sandals resorts recently announced the opening of new properties and the upgrading of another. The chain recently opened the Sandals Royal Barbados, which welcomed its first guests on December 20. The Sandals Grand Antigua reopened after being closed for two months for refurbishment. And in Jamaica, the Sandals South Coast resort recently opened 12 overwater bungalows, complete with 24/7 butler service.
December was a busy month for Sandals resorts. In the space of a week, the chain had a new resort open, another reopening, and third resort unveiled overwater bungalows.
Sandals Royal Barbados welcomed its first guests on December 20.
Commenting about the excellences of this new resort, Butch Stewart, chairman and founder of Sandals Resorts International said:
“Every new resort we develop stands on the shoulders of what came before. We keep getting better and better and for us, right now, Sandals Royal Barbados is a game-changer.”
The new resort complements the adjacent 280-room Sandals Barbados, which opened in January 2015. Guests at either property can enjoy the amenities of both resorts.
The Sandals Royal Barbados features six restaurants, including American Tavern for casual dining, the Asian fusion Chi with décor inspired by traditional tea rooms and Butch’s Steak and Seafood, an a la carte restaurant. The resort also features Caribbean, Mediterranean, and French dining venues. Between the two resorts, Sandals now offers 17 different dining options.
The new Sandals property features numerous entertainment options as well. In a first for the chain, the new resort features a rooftop entertainment complex with ocean views, an infinity pool, live music, French bistro fare, and a cantilevered cocktail lounge called Raising the BARbados. Sandals Royal Barbados features five bars in total, including its first beer garden and the Lover’s Lane Bar.
Other amenities include the brand’s first barber shop, a 15,000 square foot Red Lane Spa and the Beach House Resort Shop, which will feature resort wear, home goods, local crafts and provisions.
Butch Stewart also explained:
“The wood is gleaming, the brass is polished and the resort is shining like brand new.”
Each bungalow features a tranquillity soaking tub, a patio and sun deck, outdoor shower, a smart TV, a large ceiling fan, a walk-in rain shower in the bathroom, hammocks, and glass floor panels which give guests an up-close view of marine life. Guests at the resort will have access to 24//7 butler service, in-room dining and room service, private airport transfers and free Wi-Fi.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget, why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park (extra charges apply)
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 7 glorious Swimming Pools including 1 at Royal Level, 1 salt water pool only for adults and 1 children's pool
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 30th Apr
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Come to the Caribbean and take a break from everyday life, as you enjoy 8 days of entertainment at the Grafton Beach...
A holiday at the Dominican Republic's Punta Cana is highly recommended for several reasons. Find out for yourself why so...