Sandals debuts new resorts in Caribbean
Sandals resorts recently announced the opening of new properties and the upgrading of another. The chain recently opened the Sandals Royal Barbados, which welcomed its first guests on December 20. The Sandals Grand Antigua reopened after being closed for two months for refurbishment. And in Jamaica, the Sandals South Coast resort recently opened 12 overwater bungalows, complete with 24/7 butler service.
December was a busy month for Sandals resorts. In the space of a week, the chain had a new resort open, another reopening, and third resort unveiled overwater bungalows.
Sandals Royal Barbados welcomed its first guests on December 20.
Commenting about the excellences of this new resort, Butch Stewart, chairman and founder of Sandals Resorts International said:
“Every new resort we develop stands on the shoulders of what came before. We keep getting better and better and for us, right now, Sandals Royal Barbados is a game-changer.”
The new resort complements the adjacent 280-room Sandals Barbados, which opened in January 2015. Guests at either property can enjoy the amenities of both resorts.
The Sandals Royal Barbados features six restaurants, including American Tavern for casual dining, the Asian fusion Chi with décor inspired by traditional tea rooms and Butch’s Steak and Seafood, an a la carte restaurant. The resort also features Caribbean, Mediterranean, and French dining venues. Between the two resorts, Sandals now offers 17 different dining options.
The new Sandals property features numerous entertainment options as well. In a first for the chain, the new resort features a rooftop entertainment complex with ocean views, an infinity pool, live music, French bistro fare, and a cantilevered cocktail lounge called Raising the BARbados. Sandals Royal Barbados features five bars in total, including its first beer garden and the Lover’s Lane Bar.
Other amenities include the brand’s first barber shop, a 15,000 square foot Red Lane Spa and the Beach House Resort Shop, which will feature resort wear, home goods, local crafts and provisions.
Butch Stewart also explained:
“The wood is gleaming, the brass is polished and the resort is shining like brand new.”
Each bungalow features a tranquillity soaking tub, a patio and sun deck, outdoor shower, a smart TV, a large ceiling fan, a walk-in rain shower in the bathroom, hammocks, and glass floor panels which give guests an up-close view of marine life. Guests at the resort will have access to 24//7 butler service, in-room dining and room service, private airport transfers and free Wi-Fi.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Create unforgettable memories at the heart of Barbados' western coast at a collection of one bedroom apartments. Halcyon...
An intimate collection of One Bedroom Apartments located in the heart of the West Coast of Barbados. Travellers Palm...
Beautifully perched on the panoramic Mensura Hill, surrounded by striking greenery, this blessed and secluded natural...