Sandals debuts new resorts in Caribbean
Sandals resorts recently announced the opening of new properties and the upgrading of another. The chain recently opened the Sandals Royal Barbados, which welcomed its first guests on December 20. The Sandals Grand Antigua reopened after being closed for two months for refurbishment. And in Jamaica, the Sandals South Coast resort recently opened 12 overwater bungalows, complete with 24/7 butler service.
December was a busy month for Sandals resorts. In the space of a week, the chain had a new resort open, another reopening, and third resort unveiled overwater bungalows.
Sandals Royal Barbados welcomed its first guests on December 20.
Commenting about the excellences of this new resort, Butch Stewart, chairman and founder of Sandals Resorts International said:
“Every new resort we develop stands on the shoulders of what came before. We keep getting better and better and for us, right now, Sandals Royal Barbados is a game-changer.”
The new resort complements the adjacent 280-room Sandals Barbados, which opened in January 2015. Guests at either property can enjoy the amenities of both resorts.
The Sandals Royal Barbados features six restaurants, including American Tavern for casual dining, the Asian fusion Chi with décor inspired by traditional tea rooms and Butch’s Steak and Seafood, an a la carte restaurant. The resort also features Caribbean, Mediterranean, and French dining venues. Between the two resorts, Sandals now offers 17 different dining options.
The new Sandals property features numerous entertainment options as well. In a first for the chain, the new resort features a rooftop entertainment complex with ocean views, an infinity pool, live music, French bistro fare, and a cantilevered cocktail lounge called Raising the BARbados. Sandals Royal Barbados features five bars in total, including its first beer garden and the Lover’s Lane Bar.
Other amenities include the brand’s first barber shop, a 15,000 square foot Red Lane Spa and the Beach House Resort Shop, which will feature resort wear, home goods, local crafts and provisions.
Butch Stewart also explained:
“The wood is gleaming, the brass is polished and the resort is shining like brand new.”
Each bungalow features a tranquillity soaking tub, a patio and sun deck, outdoor shower, a smart TV, a large ceiling fan, a walk-in rain shower in the bathroom, hammocks, and glass floor panels which give guests an up-close view of marine life. Guests at the resort will have access to 24//7 butler service, in-room dining and room service, private airport transfers and free Wi-Fi.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
With great watersports galore, your winter-sun holiday can be one to remember in Cuba
- Try your hand at some adrenaline-pumping water sports including sailing, windsurfing and diving
- If you’re not up for a night on the tiles you can simply chill out at the resort and enjoy the evening’s entertainment
- If you’re a night-owl you won’t be able to resist Varadero’s buzzing nightlife
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 08th Feb
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Create unforgettable memories at the heart of Barbados' western coast at a collection of one bedroom apartments. Halcyon...
St Lawrence Gap is famous for its many restaurants, great shopping and lively nightlife. This 1.3 km stretch of road,...
You can enjoy all the aspects of this charming island, as the elegant eco-friendly property is located near all the...