JW Marriott Phu Quoc Emerald Bay Resort and Spa hosts World Spa Awards 2017
The World Spa Awards 2017 Gala Ceremony took place last month at the JW Marriott Phu Quoc Emerald Bay in Vietnam. The glitzy event recognised leaders in the spa and wellness industry across the world. Among the winners were the Maldives who scooped the award for Indian Ocean's Best Spa Destination, and the Gaia Retreat & Spa took the title of Oceania's Best Day Spa and World's Best Day Spa.
The JW Marriott Phu Quoc Emerald Bay resort hosted the World Spa Awards 2017 Gala Ceremony. The glamorous attended took place alongside the World Travel Awards Grand Final.
Among the winners were the Maldives which was named as the Indian Ocean’s Best Spa Destination, and the Gaia Retreat & Spa scooped the title of Oceania’s Best Day Spa and World’s Best Day Spa.
Rebecca Cohen, the Managing Director of the World Spa Awards, commented:
“The 2017 World Spa Awards has been our most successful to date, firmly cementing our position as the global benchmark for spa and wellness hospitality.
“It has been a pleasure to recognise so many industry leaders here this evening and I hope their recognition, both by their peers and members of the public, will inspire them to aim ever higher in the pursuit of excellence.”
Additional winners at the awards ceremony included QMS MediCosmetics which was named as the World’s Best Spa Brand for the third year in a row; Aromatherapy Associates was named as the World’s best Aromatherapy Brand; the Anantara Spa won the award for World’s Best Hotel Spa Brand; and The Lanesborough Club & Spa at The Lanesborough London was named as the World’s Best New Hotel Spa.
Also among the winners was the hosting venue itself. JW Marriott Phu Quoc hotel’s Chanterelle Spa by JW won the award for the World’s Best New Resort Spa. The beautiful spa boasts a unique mushroom-themed design which was inspired by the Alice in Wonderland story.
The JW Marriott Phu Quoc Emerald Bay Resort & Spa sits on the picturesque island of Phu Quoc off the east coast of Vietnam. The resort has 244 guest rooms, suites, and villas, that feature individual design and offer views of the sea and tropical gardens. The luxury property was designed by architect Bill Bensley, and it pays homage to the fictional historic Lamarck University.
Facilities at the oceanfront five-star resort include a range of exquisite restaurants that serve a range of Vietnamese, French and Japanese cuisine. The beachfront Red Rum is a seafood grill, French & Co serves pastries and coffees, and the Pink Pearl offers delicious Cantonese culinary delights within a chic beachfront mansion.
Guests will have access to upscale leisure facilities including several outdoor swimming pools, a modern fitness centre, a kids’ club, the huge Grand Ballroom, and the pristine Bai Khem beach.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Vietnam Browse all
Feel at one with the surroundings at the beautiful Mango Bay Resort
- Mango Bay has been supporting wildlife at risk (WAR) since 2006, and has even discovered many new species on Phu Quoc Island
- Revitalise your mind, body and spirit with Yoga and Tai Chi on the beach
- Snorkel and scuba dive around the nearby islands with Flipper Diving Club and discover the truly stunning and beautiful world underwater
Join an adventure through Vietnam’s most memorable sights culminating in a tropical island stay
- Time to relax on the stunning beaches and turquoise waters of Phu Quoc tropical island
- Overnight cruise on a traditionally-designed junk boat on Halong Bay with meals included
- Entrance fees for all included sightseeing, meals as per itinerary and local guides included
Experience all the natural beauty and cultural variety of Vietnam on a deluxe tour
- Five-star hotels throughout
- Overnight Halong Bay cruise on a traditionally designed junk boat with meals included
- Time to relax on the stunning beaches of central Vietnam
Explore the most iconic sites of Indochina during the unforgettable Highlights of Indochina, Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos - Deluxe Tour
You will visit historical sites of Vietnam, discover the heritage of Laos, and explore the beautiful Angkor Complex in Cambodia.
- Tour around Ben Tre River in Vietnam and enjoy a variety of activities, including a visit to any of coconut processing workshops and riding a motocart through rice fields and vegetable plains.
- Watch the sun rise over the blue waters of tranquil Halong Bay, and then cruise through emerald waters of the Gulf of Tonkin.
- Participate in Baci Ceremony, an integral part of the Laos culture, and explore the Luang Prabang Night Market with its handmade textiles and local street food
Exotic and compelling, Vietnam is one of the most remarkable travel destinations in the world. The Essential Vietnam...
Wander from exciting cities to astonishing scenic beauty via peaceful beaches on a tour through the most remarkable...
Wander from exciting cities to astonishing scenic beauty via peaceful beaches and the best preserved old towns in...
See all the most iconic sights of Indochina on this trip of a lifetime through Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam. Explore the...
Discover the beauty of a superb Centara Sandy Beach Resort Danang, located by the pristine stretch of beach and...