Virgin Atlantic launches new direct flights between London Heathrow and Barbados
Virgin Atlantic has launched a direct flight between London Heathrow and Barbados. The twice-weekly service is the only direct service from London Heathrow Airport, and it will operate on Tuesdays and Saturdays throughout Christmas. The new service means that Virgin Atlantic now offers up to 11 flights to the Caribbean island a week from Gatwick, Heathrow and Manchester airports.
Virgin Atlantic has announced the launch of its new direct service to the Caribbean island of Barbados. The airline has launched a twice-weekly service from London Heathrow, making it the only airline to offer a direct service to the island.
The new flight will operate on Tuesdays and Saturdays throughout the high winter season, on a n Airbus A330. The addition to the airline’s network means that it now offers up to 11 Barbados flights a week from London Gatwick, London Heathrow, and Manchester.
Shai Weiss, the Chief Commercial Officer at Virgin Atlantic, stated:
“The Caribbean has always been a core market for Virgin Atlantic and we’re excited to be offering more choice to our customers with the option of flying from Heathrow, Gatwick or Manchester direct to Barbados.”
Virgin Atlantic has also extended its codeshare agreement with FlyBe. This will allow customers from Scotland to easily connect between Edinburgh and Aberdeen airports to Barbados via London Heathrow.
Virgin Atlantic chose to use an A330 aircraft for the service because it has recorded growing demand for their Upper Class and Premium Economy cabins. Onboard, there are 31 Upper Class, 48 Premium Economy and 185 Economy seats.
The new Heathrow-Barbados route is the airline’s fifth new service to launch this year. So far, this year, the air carrier has launched flights to Seattle, Boston, New York and San Francisco.
Barbados is an idyllic island nation in the Caribbean. It’s a popular attraction for sun, sea and sand lovers, thanks to its magnificent tropical natural landscapes, ranging from sweeping white sand beaches fringed with swaying palm trees, to the crystal-clear turquoise sea which is teeming with diverse marine life. The island also boast lush green rolling hills that are thriving with exotic flora, fauna and wildlife.
During a Caribbean escape in Barbados, holidaymakers can enjoy access to a variety of attractions. These include Graeme Hall Nature Sanctuary, the Flower Forest, Andromeda Gardens, and the spectacular Harrisons Cave, a limestone cave system with stalactites and streams.
The tropical island has recorded a growth in international tourists this year with 453,645 overnight travellers visiting between January and September. This is a 7.4 per cent increase compared to the same period in 2016. Last year, Barbados set a new record with a total of 631,513 stayover visitors, and tourism officials are expecting that record to be broken by the end of 2017.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Barbados Browse all
Located on the south coast of Barbados with breathtaking ocean views is where Butterfly Beach can be located
- Tradtional Bajan Style hotel that is walking distance from shops, bars and St Lawrence Gap
- Award winning family hotel with many repeat guests over the years
- May Sale with savings of upto 15% for travel up until 2019
- Walking distance to Oistins Bay where the popular Oistins Fish Fry is held every Friday night
The Rostrevor Hotel is a great value, family-run hotel on a prime beachfront setting in St Lawrence Gap , the fashionable and lively strip of Barbados
- Easy access to the shops, bars & restaurants of fashionable St. Lawrence Gap
- One of the most affordable self-catering hotels in Barbados
- Boasts several Trip Advisor Certificates of Excellence and a 2016 Travellers' Choice Award
Sugar Bay is perfect for travelling solo, enjoying a romantic getaway or special family escape
- EXTENDED MAY SALE now on with savings of upto 35% plus $20 Spa Credit per person
- Premium All Inclusive hotel with a selection of dining options including a Steakhouse
- Ideally located only 15 minutes from the airport and 10 minutes from the capital, Bridgetown
- Enjoy a wide selection of activities including beach volleyball, wind surfing, jet skis, sailing and more
Stay at Sandals Barbados the first and only Luxury Included® Resort exclusively designed for couples and make the most of time away with that special someone.
- Located on the sunny southern coast of the beautifully vibrant island, set on the pristine sands of Maxwell Beach and set amongst acres of lush tropical gardens
- Enjoy a romantic getaway in a beautiful natural setting for couples only
- Choose from endless daytime activities such as Body Boarding, Wind Surfing, Hobie Cat Sailing and Kayaking
- Save up to 45% plus Summer Savings with amazing discounts on select rooms
You can enjoy all the aspects of this charming island, as the elegant eco-friendly property is located near all the...
Escape to the pristine beaches of the south coast of Barbados for a holiday you will never forget at Coconut Court Beach...
Live the Caribbean dream and throw your every care away to the soft tropical breeze of Barbados. At Turtle Beach by...
Create unforgettable memories at the heart of Barbados' western coast at a collection of one bedroom apartments. Halcyon...
St Lawrence Gap is famous for its many restaurants, great shopping and lively nightlife. This 1.3 km stretch of road,...
Come to the beautiful island of Barbados and feel the magic of the Caribbean sun. Seven rejuvenating days in the...