Virgin Atlantic launches new direct flights between London Heathrow and Barbados
Virgin Atlantic has launched a direct flight between London Heathrow and Barbados. The twice-weekly service is the only direct service from London Heathrow Airport, and it will operate on Tuesdays and Saturdays throughout Christmas. The new service means that Virgin Atlantic now offers up to 11 flights to the Caribbean island a week from Gatwick, Heathrow and Manchester airports.
Virgin Atlantic has announced the launch of its new direct service to the Caribbean island of Barbados. The airline has launched a twice-weekly service from London Heathrow, making it the only airline to offer a direct service to the island.
The new flight will operate on Tuesdays and Saturdays throughout the high winter season, on a n Airbus A330. The addition to the airline’s network means that it now offers up to 11 Barbados flights a week from London Gatwick, London Heathrow, and Manchester.
Shai Weiss, the Chief Commercial Officer at Virgin Atlantic, stated:
“The Caribbean has always been a core market for Virgin Atlantic and we’re excited to be offering more choice to our customers with the option of flying from Heathrow, Gatwick or Manchester direct to Barbados.”
Virgin Atlantic has also extended its codeshare agreement with FlyBe. This will allow customers from Scotland to easily connect between Edinburgh and Aberdeen airports to Barbados via London Heathrow.
Virgin Atlantic chose to use an A330 aircraft for the service because it has recorded growing demand for their Upper Class and Premium Economy cabins. Onboard, there are 31 Upper Class, 48 Premium Economy and 185 Economy seats.
The new Heathrow-Barbados route is the airline’s fifth new service to launch this year. So far, this year, the air carrier has launched flights to Seattle, Boston, New York and San Francisco.
Barbados is an idyllic island nation in the Caribbean. It’s a popular attraction for sun, sea and sand lovers, thanks to its magnificent tropical natural landscapes, ranging from sweeping white sand beaches fringed with swaying palm trees, to the crystal-clear turquoise sea which is teeming with diverse marine life. The island also boast lush green rolling hills that are thriving with exotic flora, fauna and wildlife.
During a Caribbean escape in Barbados, holidaymakers can enjoy access to a variety of attractions. These include Graeme Hall Nature Sanctuary, the Flower Forest, Andromeda Gardens, and the spectacular Harrisons Cave, a limestone cave system with stalactites and streams.
The tropical island has recorded a growth in international tourists this year with 453,645 overnight travellers visiting between January and September. This is a 7.4 per cent increase compared to the same period in 2016. Last year, Barbados set a new record with a total of 631,513 stayover visitors, and tourism officials are expecting that record to be broken by the end of 2017.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Barbados Browse all
Be perfectly positioned just a heartbeat away from all the action in Bridgetown and The Gap at Coconut Court Beach Hotel
- Savings of upto 45% now available in most room types.
- The family run hotel prides itself on the exceptionally friendly welcome staff extend to all guests
- Stay and Enjoy FREE transfers, FREE Bottle of Pirate Punch on arrival, A FREE bottle of Sparkling Wine for Honeymooners and FREE transfers to Bridgetown for shopping
- Only a short distance from the capital of Bridgetown and St Lawrence Gap; places with lively nightlife and world class restaurants and shops
The Rostrevor Hotel is a great value, family-run hotel on a prime beachfront setting in St Lawrence Gap , the fashionable and lively strip of Barbados
- Don't miss out on the discount saving of 15% available on all room types
- Easy access to the shops, bars & restaurants of fashionable St. Lawrence Gap
- One of the most affordable self-catering hotels in Barbados
- Boasts several Trip Advisor Certificates of Excellence and a 2016 Travellers' Choice Award
Located on the south coast of Barbados with breathtaking ocean views is where Butterfly Beach can be located
- Just 25 minutes to the capital Bridgetown and 10 minutes from the airport
- New Special offer! Discounted Rates plus come check out the upgraded in room facilities!
- Benefit from the self catering service or the fabulous restaurant offering international and Caribbean cuisine
- The Butterfly Beach Hotel is set beside Oistin's Bay with access to two white sand beaches
The tranquil spa and relaxation space at Tamarind by Elegant Hotels complements the beauty of the sea and sand as well as the chic contemporary design.
- Incredible savings of up to 50%, extra savings now available in the February sale
- Enjoy complimentary motorised water sports and Kids Club
- Book the Elegance Dine Around Half Board or Full Board Meal Plans and also dine at the Oceanfront Italian Restaurant Daphne's for Dinner.
- Only 20 minutes from the island capital of Bridgetown
Escape to the pristine beaches of the south coast of Barbados for a holiday you will never forget at Coconut Court Beach...
This is the place to be if you're looking for a sun-drenched holiday by the sea. Rostrevor Hotel is one of the most...
Everyone dreams about a holiday with their loved one or family where they can enjoy unlimited sunshine on an idyllic...
Come to the beautiful island of Barbados and feel the magic of the Caribbean sun. Seven rejuvenating days in the...
You can enjoy all the aspects of this charming island, as the elegant eco-friendly property is located near all the...
Venture to the island of Barbados where pristine beaches and the turquoise waters of the Caribbean await. To the south...