St Lucia set for first Food and Rum Festival
The Caribbean island of St Lucia will introduce a new Food and Rum Festival to its Soleil festival series. Running from 12-14 January 2018, the island’s first ever celebration of St Lucian food and rum will feature celebrity chefs, special menus, demos and shows, plus the inaugural Caribbean Rum Awards.
St Lucia will host its first ever Food and Rum Festival in 2018, kicking off a year of festivals on the Caribbean island. Taking place from 12-14 January, it will be the first event in the Soleil festival series running throughout the year and will also see the launch of the inaugural Caribbean Rum Awards.
The three-day festival aims to celebrate the island's unique culinary offerings derived from its French, British, African and Indian heritage combined with the finest rums of the Caribbean and the world.
Award-winning TV chef and restaurateur, Marcus Samuelsson, will make a star appearance at the festival. The chef will present a Saint Lucian twist on his menu from President Obama's first State Dinner at a glamorous gala event of entertainment and fine dining. Samuelsson is the acclaimed chef behind restaurants worldwide including Red Rooster, Streetbird Rotisserie, and Marcus B&P.
During the festival, select restaurants across the island will also feature rum-inspired Prix Fixe menus. Rodney Bay’s strip will host the Rodney Bay Culinary Experience on Saturday 13th January, when some of the island's best restaurants will be setting up sampling booths to share their rum-inspired creations. The lively Saturday night scene in Rodney Bay will be taken up a few notches with the festival offering exciting flavours and live entertainment well into the night.
The festival reaches its climax on Sunday 14th January with an open-air event at the historic Pigeon Island National Landmark. Local restaurateurs, chefs and rum makers will present their most inspiring dishes and rums. The festival day will feature sampling booths, live cooking demonstrations, rum tastings and a live concert.
St Lucia’s Soleil Festival 2018 encompasses five separate festivals running from January to October – the famous St Lucia Jazz Festival from 7-13 May, the Roots and Soul Festival from 31 August – 2 September, the annual St Lucia Carnival in June and July, and the Arts and Heritage Festival taking place throughout October. Tickets are available to purchase online at: www.stlucia.org
St Lucia is located halfway down the Eastern Caribbean’s Lesser Antilles archipelago and is easily accessed via direct flights from the UK. Known for its tropic beauty and UNESCO-listed Piton Mountains, it also boasts attractive seaside towns, beaches and plenty of resorts.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Treat yourself to the ultimate Caribbean getaway at Bay Gardens Beach Resort, right at the centre of everything and close to the lively strip of Rodney Bay.
- Up to 2 Children stay and eat free when staying with 2 full paying adults on the same meal plan
- Take advantage of the on-site facilities including a spa, fitness centre and beauty salon
- Receive six complimentary 1 hour passes per booking to the Splash Island Water park and access to all facilities
- Book a Pool View or Beach Front Room and Enjoy a complimentary upgrade From Bed and Breakfast to MAP Board Basis (breakfast, dinner and extras included)
- Located on Reduit Beach, known for its island setting and breathtaking views
Be seduced by golden sunsets, fine dining and the crystal-clear water of the Caribbean Sea at St James Club, Morgan's Bay.
- A selection of complimentary activities available, Non-motorised water sports including: windsurfing, hobbie cat sailing, snorkelling and kayaks
- Early Booking discount now extended
- All Inclusive Beachfront Resort with 6 restaurants, 6 bars and a cafe
- Overlooking Choc Bay and perfect for families where Kids stay and eat free, have access to a Kids pool and kids club
Leave life's stresses behind and unwind in St Lucia and take advantage of a hotel designed for romance
It doesn't get any better than this perfect escape, designed for couples looking for an intimate and romantic experience
- Book one of the Honeymoon and Wedding Packages to receive extras that range from a romantic sunset cruise, room upgrades to a private candle lit dinner on the beach
- Water Sports and Scuba Boat Dives with Personalized Instruction
- Unique Couples only resort designed for Honeymoons and Weddings
- All beverages included, such as Premium Brand Alcohol and Wine by the bottle at dinner
Discover Castries lively atmosphere, then head to your intimate luxury hideaway Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia
- Luxury Included® - All Included, All Unlimited, All the Time with the choice of up to 27 five Star Global Gourmet™ restaurants and 7 bars
- Enjoy HALF PRICE luxury accommodation with 'The Sandals Up to 60% off SALE’
- Discover a perfect place for relaxation and rejuvenation at Red Lane Spa®
- Dine beneath the stars at the Bayside Restaurant or enjoy complimentary golfing at the nearby Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort & Spa
Take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with a luxury escape to the west coast of the magical St Lucia....
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Experience the romantic getaway you and your loved one have always fantasised about with eight days on the picturesque...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Nestled within lush tropical gardens, the Bel Jou Hotel St. Lucia boasts stunning, elevated views over Castries and the...
Venture to a real Caribbean warmth and laid-back hospitality at the Coconut Court Beach Hotel, an exceptionally cosy...