St Lucia set for first Food and Rum Festival
The Caribbean island of St Lucia will introduce a new Food and Rum Festival to its Soleil festival series. Running from 12-14 January 2018, the island’s first ever celebration of St Lucian food and rum will feature celebrity chefs, special menus, demos and shows, plus the inaugural Caribbean Rum Awards.
St Lucia will host its first ever Food and Rum Festival in 2018, kicking off a year of festivals on the Caribbean island. Taking place from 12-14 January, it will be the first event in the Soleil festival series running throughout the year and will also see the launch of the inaugural Caribbean Rum Awards.
The three-day festival aims to celebrate the island's unique culinary offerings derived from its French, British, African and Indian heritage combined with the finest rums of the Caribbean and the world.
Award-winning TV chef and restaurateur, Marcus Samuelsson, will make a star appearance at the festival. The chef will present a Saint Lucian twist on his menu from President Obama's first State Dinner at a glamorous gala event of entertainment and fine dining. Samuelsson is the acclaimed chef behind restaurants worldwide including Red Rooster, Streetbird Rotisserie, and Marcus B&P.
During the festival, select restaurants across the island will also feature rum-inspired Prix Fixe menus. Rodney Bay’s strip will host the Rodney Bay Culinary Experience on Saturday 13th January, when some of the island's best restaurants will be setting up sampling booths to share their rum-inspired creations. The lively Saturday night scene in Rodney Bay will be taken up a few notches with the festival offering exciting flavours and live entertainment well into the night.
The festival reaches its climax on Sunday 14th January with an open-air event at the historic Pigeon Island National Landmark. Local restaurateurs, chefs and rum makers will present their most inspiring dishes and rums. The festival day will feature sampling booths, live cooking demonstrations, rum tastings and a live concert.
St Lucia’s Soleil Festival 2018 encompasses five separate festivals running from January to October – the famous St Lucia Jazz Festival from 7-13 May, the Roots and Soul Festival from 31 August – 2 September, the annual St Lucia Carnival in June and July, and the Arts and Heritage Festival taking place throughout October. Tickets are available to purchase online at: www.stlucia.org
St Lucia is located halfway down the Eastern Caribbean’s Lesser Antilles archipelago and is easily accessed via direct flights from the UK. Known for its tropic beauty and UNESCO-listed Piton Mountains, it also boasts attractive seaside towns, beaches and plenty of resorts.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Adults-only, All Inclusive Retreat with an inviting and warm atmosphere is what Bel Jou Hotel stands for
- All Inclusive, Adults Only property set within lush tropical gardens with classic St. Lucian charm
- Experience Caribbean Flavour on the rooftop lounge bar and terrace with serene views over Castries and the Caribbean Sea
- Take advantage of free extras including a complimentary tour and complimentary wine in your room on arrival
Go for a Premium all-inclusive experience where children and grown-ups each have their own world of endless fun, adventure and indulgement.
- Two Worlds in One - 85 Acre resort with an adults section and family section complete with St Lucia's only water park
- $1000 worth of complimentary resort credit to be used in resort on Spa treatments, upgrades and more
- Save up to a fantastic 60% plus up to the 2 Children/Teens STAYS FREE
Leave life's stresses behind and unwind in St Lucia and take advantage of a hotel designed for romance
It doesn't get any better than this perfect escape, designed for couples looking for an intimate and romantic experience
- Summer Sale now extended with discounted savings for stays until 2019
- Unique couples only resort designed for honeymoons and weddings
- All beverages included, such as premium brand alcohol and wine by the bottle at dinner
Discover Castries lively atmosphere, then head to your intimate luxury hideaway Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia
- Enjoy Free Green Fees & Trandfers at Sandals St Lucia Golf & Country Club
- Luxury Included® - All Included, All Unlimited, All the Time with the choice of up to 27 five Star Global Gourmet™ restaurants and 7 bars
- Dine beneath the stars at the Bayside Restaurant or enjoy complimentary golfing at the nearby Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort & Spa
- Save up to 45% plus Summer Savings with amazing discounts on select rooms
- Discover a perfect place for relaxation and rejuvenation at Red Lane Spa®
Take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with a luxury escape to the west coast of the magical St Lucia....
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Experience the romantic getaway you and your loved one have always fantasised about with eight days on the picturesque...
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
The all-new Harbor Club offers guests a Caribbean resort experience unlike any other where you can unwind and experience...
Set upon the white sands of Reduit beach, the All-inclusive Papillon by Rex Resorts Hotel offers jaw dropping views of...