St Lucia set for first Food and Rum Festival
The Caribbean island of St Lucia will introduce a new Food and Rum Festival to its Soleil festival series. Running from 12-14 January 2018, the island’s first ever celebration of St Lucian food and rum will feature celebrity chefs, special menus, demos and shows, plus the inaugural Caribbean Rum Awards.
St Lucia will host its first ever Food and Rum Festival in 2018, kicking off a year of festivals on the Caribbean island. Taking place from 12-14 January, it will be the first event in the Soleil festival series running throughout the year and will also see the launch of the inaugural Caribbean Rum Awards.
The three-day festival aims to celebrate the island's unique culinary offerings derived from its French, British, African and Indian heritage combined with the finest rums of the Caribbean and the world.
Award-winning TV chef and restaurateur, Marcus Samuelsson, will make a star appearance at the festival. The chef will present a Saint Lucian twist on his menu from President Obama's first State Dinner at a glamorous gala event of entertainment and fine dining. Samuelsson is the acclaimed chef behind restaurants worldwide including Red Rooster, Streetbird Rotisserie, and Marcus B&P.
During the festival, select restaurants across the island will also feature rum-inspired Prix Fixe menus. Rodney Bay’s strip will host the Rodney Bay Culinary Experience on Saturday 13th January, when some of the island's best restaurants will be setting up sampling booths to share their rum-inspired creations. The lively Saturday night scene in Rodney Bay will be taken up a few notches with the festival offering exciting flavours and live entertainment well into the night.
The festival reaches its climax on Sunday 14th January with an open-air event at the historic Pigeon Island National Landmark. Local restaurateurs, chefs and rum makers will present their most inspiring dishes and rums. The festival day will feature sampling booths, live cooking demonstrations, rum tastings and a live concert.
St Lucia’s Soleil Festival 2018 encompasses five separate festivals running from January to October – the famous St Lucia Jazz Festival from 7-13 May, the Roots and Soul Festival from 31 August – 2 September, the annual St Lucia Carnival in June and July, and the Arts and Heritage Festival taking place throughout October. Tickets are available to purchase online at: www.stlucia.org
St Lucia is located halfway down the Eastern Caribbean’s Lesser Antilles archipelago and is easily accessed via direct flights from the UK. Known for its tropic beauty and UNESCO-listed Piton Mountains, it also boasts attractive seaside towns, beaches and plenty of resorts.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Be seduced by golden sunsets, fine dining and the crystal-clear water of the Caribbean Sea at St James Club, Morgan's Bay.
- A selection of complimentary activities available, Non-motorised water sports including: windsurfing, hobbie cat sailing, snorkelling and kayaks
- 4 restaurants and 4 bars to suit every taste included in your all inclusive plan
- 1 Child stays and eats free in a Premium Double or 2 Children stay free in a Family Suite
- January sale now on with incredible discounts on all rooms
Go for a Premium all-inclusive experience where children and grown-ups each have their own world of endless fun, adventure and indulgement.
- Premium All-Inclusive Resort with 8 Restaurants and 7 Bars to choose from
- Save up to a fantastic 70% up to the 2 Children/Teens STAYS FREE
- Experience St Lucia's only water park attraction with beach, several swimming pools, waterfalls, lazy river and water slides
- Two Worlds in One - 85 Acre resort with a family and adults only section
The Hidden Gem Hideaway that offers the ultimate St Lucia experience at Marigot Bay Resort & Marina by Capella Hotel Group
- Laze in one of the hotel's many pools or discover the tropical beach a short boat ride away
- Boutique hotel hidden away in marigot bay
- Lush gardens and wonderful views of the marina in your room
Leave life's stresses behind and unwind in St Lucia and take advantage of a hotel designed for romance
It doesn't get any better than this perfect escape, designed for couples looking for an intimate and romantic experience
- Book one of the Honeymoon and Wedding Packages to receive extras that range from a romantic sunset cruise, room upgrades to a private candle lit dinner on the beach
- Water Sports and Scuba Boat Dives with Personalized Instruction
- Unique Couples only resort designed for Honeymoons and Weddings
- All beverages included, such as Premium Brand Alcohol and Wine by the bottle at dinner
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Sandals Halcyon Beach, located on the immaculate, sun-kissed sands of Choc Bay, is the ideal getaway for those looking...
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Set upon the white sands of Reduit beach, the All-inclusive Papillon by Rex Resorts Hotel offers jaw dropping views of...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....