Shangri-La Hambantota Golf Resort and Spa, Sri Lanka appoints new General Manager
Shangri-La's Hambantota Golf Resort and Spa has announced the appointment of a new General Manager at the hotel in Sri Lanka. Moshi Perera will take over the role this month, bringing more than 20 years of hospitality experience to the role. The hotel opened to guests in summer 2016, and it has 300 guest rooms including 21 lavish suites.
Shangri-La’s Hamantota Golf Resort and Spa in Sri Lanka has announced its new general manager. The hotel has appointed Moshi Perera to take over the role. He will be responsible for the management and overseeing the operations and teams at the luxury property.
Perera brings more than 20 years of experience in the hospitality industry to the role at the upscale Sri Lanka hotel. This is not his first role at Shangri-La, after recently working as a cluster general manager for the Fairmont, The Norfolk & Fairmont Mara Safari Club in Kenya, he developed the brand in east Africa and led the operational activities for the properties.
Over the past two decades, Perera has worked at various upscale hotels and resorts across the world, from London to the United Arab Emirates. These include the role of general manager at several Hyatt Regency Hotels in Kazakhstan, Zurich and Egypt.
“I am delighted to be working with the team here at Shangri-La’s Hambantota Golf Resort & Spa.”
“It’s certainly an exciting time to be in Sri Lanka with the dramatic rise in tourism the country has seen over the past few year and I’m proud to be a part of this key change."
He also added:
“I’m looking forward to showcasing a new level of service to guests and to making their experience of Hambantota even more memorable.”
Shangri-La’s Hambantota Golf Resort & Spa is located within 145 acres of tropical gardens on the Spice Route along the southern coastline of Sri Lanka. The property faces the Indian ocean and is surrounded by soaring king coconut trees in the giant plantation, creating a tropical, peaceful ambience.
The luxury hotel has 300 guest rooms including 21 lavish suites. Facilities at the property include numerous restaurants and bars, two outdoor swimming pools, a Jacuzzi, Kids and teens Clubs including the Cool Zone club, and The Village with a pottery and ceramics hut, a weaving hut and a handloom hut. For health and fitness, there’s a modern fitness centre with yoga, fitness classes and an aquagym. There’s also CHI, The Spa with 12 treatment rooms, and a range of Chinese and Ayurvedic treatments using 100 per cent natural ingredients.
Golf lovers can tee off on the lush 18-hole golf course that is nestled within the coconut plantation. There are also jogging trails barefoot bowling, table tennis beach volleyball, bike rental and archery activities.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Sri Lanka Browse all
Enjoy a relaxing stay in an ideal setting surrounded by lush frangipanis, swaying palms and the glistening blue waters of Bentota's beaches.
- Discover Sri Lanka's cultural wonders from a soothing luxury retreat oozing 18th century charm
- Bask in acres of lush gardens framed by frangipani trees and facing a secluded golden sand beach
- Be wowed by the Dine by Design concept, allowing you to eat out in an array of scenic settings
Enjoy a wonderful beachside haven of tranquillity, days of luxury and the chance to see the island's green hills carpeted by lush plantations
- All rooms feature a Balcony or Terrace with spectacular views
- Enjoy the huge selection of activities including Volleyball, Tennis, Squash & more
- Relax at the Ayurveda Wellness & Spa with the best quality services that will make your stay unforgettable
Marvel at the Magnificent Taj Mahal and discover the Forts of Rajasthan then head south to enjoy an all inclusive beach holiday in Sri Lanka
- Enjoy a Horse Carriage & ride while visiting the Taj Mahal & Elephant Ride to Amber Fort*
- Enjoy a Rajasthani Feast in Jaipur
- Complete your stay with an All Inclusive break in Sri Lanka - Staying at the Beachside Haven Tangerine Beach
Private tour visiting many great cities such as Sigiriya, Polonnaruwa and Kandy
- English speaking chauffer guide for the Entire Round Tour
- Enjoy the game drive through Minneriya National Park which is a home to sambar deer, leopards and elephants and features the ancient Minneriya Tank
- The Highlights of Sri Lanka Private Tour showcases some of the most interesting cultural and historic sites in the world
Soak up the sunshine that pours down on Sri Lanka's Indian Ocean coastline at Tangerine Beach. Make the scenic resort...
Sri Lanka is the land of endless natural beauty, with ancient sight and cultural treasure, you'll be sure to embark on a...
This fantastic package allows you to discover the delights of the Superior Golden Triangle Tour where you will explore...
There are few better places from which to enjoy the calming effect of the Indian Ocean breeze than at Avani Kalutara in...
Take a trip to Sri Lanka and enjoy the warm hospitality at Avani Bentota. It is a resort located along the popular...
Escape into the arms of one of Sri Lanka's most picturesque towns and live the sun-drenched holiday of your dreams....