KLM airline launches new direct flights to San Jose, Costa Rica
KLM Royal Dutch Airlines has announced the launch of a new direct flight between Amsterdam and San Jose in Costa Rica. The airline will operate the flights twice a week throughout the winter season, and it will add a third service in January, 2018. The carrier hasn’t operated flights to Costa Rica since 1998, but decided to reintroduce the route due to high demand.
The flights to Costa Rica will operate twice a week during the winter season, and a third weekly service will be added between January and March, 2018. This will be to accommodate travellers during the high season.
Boet Kreiken, the EVP for customer experience at KLM, stated:
“Our primary aim is to offer our passengers access to unique experiences.” “We are therefore very proud to be able to operate flights to this wonderful destination once more.”
“Costa Rica is renowned for its breathtaking nature and attracts many tourists every year. For our business passengers, Costa Rica is interesting as market full of possibilities.”
KLM hasn’t operated a service to Costa Rica since 1998. Due to growing demand from passengers the flights have been reintroduced to the airline’s global network. The new service will be operated on Boeing 787-900 aircraft with 294 seats.
Costa Rica is one of the leading tourism destinations in Central America, due to its magnificent natural landscapes. The country is now a hotspot for adventure-seekers, and holidaymakers can take part in an array of exciting activities. These include climbing up volcanoes, zip lining through tropical cloud forests, hiking through dense jungles, and surfing on two coastlines that face the Caribbean Sea and Pacific Ocean. The country has strong environmental protection policies, and 25 per cent of Costa Rica is protected. Due to this, the nation is teeming with diverse wildlife in its 22 national parks, 12 biological reserves, 10 wildlife reserves, and eight forest reserves.
San Jose is the capital of Costa Rica, and a colourful hub that boasts preserved Central American architecture. Must-see attractions are El Teatro Nacional which was built in 1890, and the large Mercado Central which is a working market. In the vibrant El Pueblo district, tourists can enjoy live music, dancing and drinks at the many bars and clubs. Popular attractions in San Jose include the Gold Museum with ancient gold artefacts from Latin American civilisations, the Costa Rica National Museum, the Botanical Gardens and Zoo, Museum of Contemporary Art and Design, and the beautiful Church Coronado.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Costa Rica Browse all
Go for the thrills and spills of a naturally rich Central American nation, packed with unforgettable adventures and unique encounters.
- Elegant and comfortable accommodations with quality services that will make your trip an unforgettable experience
- Learn more about Costa Rica with unique experience of the guided hiking tour, Arenal Volcano National Park Nature Walk, Doka Coffee Tour and much more to explore
- Includes a guided hiking tour through the rainforest with a lot of insight about flora, fauna and the volcano's history
Explore the peaceful oasis that is Costa Rica and enjoy various activities that make for an unforgettable holiday
- A journey of discovery to an eco-tourist's dream destination
- Experience canopy walkways through a bridge system and marvel at the world's most amazing and beautiful flora and fauna
- Explore San Jose, Arenal, and the conservation project in Monteverde
The perfect combination of culture, history and nature with some added downtime at the end to enjoy one of the world's best beaches
- Relax at the hot springs and mud baths, and try your hand at zip lining, horseback riding or river tubing.
- Visit the country's famous shoreline, cloud rainforests, volcano and the charming capital of San Jose
- Tour includes: San Jose City Tour, Sky Walk on Hanging Bridges, Buena Vista hot springs and mud baths, nature walk to La Pava and Salitral Waterfalls, horseback riding and more
The perfect combination of Costa Rican culture and nature with added time for beach relaxation
- Enjoy a tour with perfect balance of adventure, culture and relaxation sure to make for a holiday to remember
- Thrills include river-rafting and a guided walk through hanging bridges
- A relaxing beach at the end stay rounds up the experience offering a chance to recharge batteries
Costa Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife, it's an...
Costa Rica Tropical Adventure allows you to explore the country's many spectacular, natural sights with misty volcanoes,...
Explore this tropical paradise on the Nature Secrets of Costa Rica Tour with it's misty volcanoes, wild rivers and...
The best holiday experience awaits for you at Palma Real Hotel & Casino in Costa Rica. Located just 5 minutes away from...
Country Inns & Suites in San Jose is located in the middle of everything, close to the shopping and attractions of the...
Located just a short walk from the city's main avenue and downtown, Park Inn by Radisson is a perfect base for exploring...