New Mayan Park attraction to open in Cancun in early 2018
A brand new Mayan Park attraction is scheduled to open to visitors in the Cancun Hotel Zone in early 2018. The park will have replicas of Mayan architecture, as well as fun rides including zip lines, and a boat trip through the stunning Nichupte lagoon. Visitors will learn about traditional Mayan culture, and they will have access to the Mayan Museum of Cancun and the Ruins of Rey.
A new attraction in Cancun, Mexico is preparing to open to visitors in early 2018, which will showcase the region’s history and heritage. The Mayan Park attraction is located in the popular Cancun Hotel Zone.
Scheduled to open in mid-January, 2018, the attraction is currently under construction in the Kilometre 16 of the Hotel Zone in Cancun. The park will promote cultural tourism and will have several main attractions, including replicas of Mayan architecture.
According to Francisco Cordova Lira, the Mayan Park project leader, the park is expected to be completed on time, saying:
“We are on time and on November 30th it will be finished to start operating in 2018.”
Mr Lira added:
“The best attractions will be there, and as you walk through the culture that protects the area, visitors will be able to take a souvenir picture at the promotional letters of Cancun.”
The Mayan Park will have zip lines, and holidaymakers will be able to take a boat trip through the beautiful turquoise Nichupte lagoon. They will also have access to the Mayan Museum of Cancun which is located in front of the park, and the Ruins of Rey. There will also be an educational Turibus tour. The park will educate visitors on Mayan culture, allowing them to step into an ancient world in Mexico.
The attraction was originally scheduled to open in 2013, but the initial plan was rejected by the Ministry of Environment. Once adjustments were made to the plan to meet guidelines, the construction began, and it is expected to bring 110 jobs to the area. Tourism officials are expecting the park to attract 15,000 visitors a year, and entry tickets will cost US$99.
Cancun is a hotspot for history-lovers, and the area is thriving with ancient Mayan ruins, temples and sites. Tourists can visit ancient pyramids, and 2,000-year-old temples, including Coba, Ek Balam, San Gervasio, Xcaret, and Chichen Itza. Popular attractions in the area that portray its history and lush landscapes include the Xcaret Park in the Riviera Maya and the Cancun Underwater Museum, which was created by English artist Jason deCaires Taylor and is home to 400 life-sized sculptures that reflect Mayan people and symbolise the relationship between humans and nature.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Unwind and relax on a pristine beach knowing your kids are enjoying endless endless activities, designed especially for them at the Treasure Island Water Park
- Enjoy a film at the onsite private cinema
- Dine at a wide range of 10 restaurants & 11 bars
- Make a splash at Treasure Island Water Park
The ideal romantic setting for honeymooners and lovers to enjoy an adults only haven
- The Adults only resort promises great parties and is just 20 minutes from the nightlife of Cancun
- Unwind at the lavish Secrets Spa by Pevonia® complete with 17 massage rooms and a hypnotherapy circuit
- Unlimited-Luxury® concept offering exceptional all-inclusive privileges
Life doesn't get much better than a stay in the Riviera Maya, just a heart beat away from the awe-inspiring Tulum pyramids
- Go for the Unlimited-Luxury Experience at one of Mexico's most coveted all-inclusive resorts
- The FREE Unlimited Connectivity app allows guests to make local calls, send messages, emails and surf the web over the hotel's Wi-Fi. It's even possible to book Spa treatments, plan romantic dinners, check the resort map, book activities and more
- All-inclusive facilities include 9 restaurants, 7 bars, a private beach, 2 pools and more
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Get away from it all with a once in a lifetime excursion to Cancun, one of Mexico's most celebrated resort towns. This...
Situated in the heart of the famous Riviera Maya, the Oasis Tulum Lite is a high-end resort designed with your...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...
Discover a world of entertainment and join in on the best, non-stop family fun at the all-inclusive Sea Adventure Resort...