Four Seasons Resort Costa Rica to reopen in December
Costa Rica is one of the greenest destinations in the world, and its government works hard to ensure its landscapes and wildlife are well protected. The Four Seasons Resort Costa Rica on the Papagayo Peninsula in the northern province of Guanacaste is undergoing an extensive refurbishment programme which focuses on sustainable tourism development and land preservation.
Mother Nature has shown her true force over recent weeks, but many are using these natural disasters as a wake-up call to vow look after the planet and its inhabitants. While more countries are committing to plans to reduce carbon emissions, many businesses like hotels are committing to build more sustainable properties that embrace and protect their natural surroundings.
Costa Rica is considered one of the greenest countries in the world, and Four Seasons Resort Costa Rica has sustainability at the forefront of its renovation project. The luxury resort is currently undergoing a US$35 million refurbishment of its facilities and the surrounding landscapes and it is to open to guests on 4th December, 2017.
The Costa Rica government rules that the land surrounding the hotel must be kept at least 70 per cent undeveloped. The development of the property must meet strict environmental standards, and the main focus will be on land preservation and sustainable tourism development.
Located on a strip of back-to-back white sandy beaches on the Peninsula Papagayo in the northern Guanacaste province in Costa Rica, the luxury resort’s redevelopment sustainable focus runs throughout the property. Many guest rooms and suites will have canopy beds and private plunge pools inspired by the jungle and lagoons; there will be a new outdoor exhibition kitchen in the hotel’s signature restaurant; and there will be new indoor-outdoor gathering spaces for meetings and events.
Development on the Peninsula Papagayo will also include the 18-hole Arnold Palmer Signature Golf Course, and an upgraded marina which will accommodate superyachts. There will also be luxury homes where guests will have amenity privileges at the Four Seasons Resort Costa Rica. There will also be a network of nature trails where visitors can explore the local flora, fauna and wildlife, plus a new macaw sanctuary which will focus on preservation and education.
Four Seasons Resort Costa Rica is located 29 miles from the Daniel Oduber Quiros International Airport in Liberia. Catering for families, couples, friends and solo travellers, the upscale resort has facilities including tennis courts, four swimming pools, a lavish spa with 18 treatment rooms, and four gourmet restaurants with local produce.
Costa Rica translates to “rich coast in Spanish” and the country’s motto is “Pura Vida”, meaning pure life. The country is home to some of the world’s most beautiful natural landscapes, and five per cent of the world’s biodiversity. Holidaymakers can explore the thriving rainforests and jungles to get close to an array of colourful species of birds, reptiles, insects and mammals. There are also plenty of fun activities to enjoy, such as snorkelling, surfing, scuba diving, kayaking, zip lining, hiking, and guided tours of the canopied rainforests.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Costa Rica Browse all
Explore the Caribbean side of the country that has a culture of its own with joyful Reggae Music the beat of the region
- Discover the amazing Sloths at the Sloth Sanctuary in a little bit of paradise with various other animals to see along with fauna in the tropical rainforest setting
- Services of an English-Speaking local Guide shall be provided for the sightseeing & excursion tours only as per the itinerary
- Enjoy various other excursions on this tour including a Tortuguero Canals Boat Tour, Boat ride over La Estrella River along with much more
Explore the peaceful oasis that is Costa Rica and enjoy various activities that make for an unforgettable holiday
- A journey of discovery to an eco -tourist dream destination
- This unique experience of canopy walkways allows you to experience the virgin cloud forest treetops. Through a bridge system you can marvel at the world's most amazing and beautiful flora and fauna
- San Jose, Arenal, and the conservation project in Monteverde
The perfect combination of culture, history and nature with some added downtime at the end to enjoy one of the world's best beaches
- Relax at the hot springs and mud baths, and try your hand at zip lining, horseback riding or river tubing.
- Visit the country's famous shoreline, cloud rainforests, volcano and the charming capital of San Jose
- Tour includes: San Jose City Tour, Sky Walk on Hanging Bridges, Buena Vista hot springs and mud baths, nature walk to La Pava and Salitral Waterfalls, horseback riding and more
The perfect combination of Costa Rican culture and nature with added time for beach relaxation
- Enjoy a tour with perfect balance of adventure, culture and relaxation sure to make for a holiday to remember
- Thrills include river-rafting and a guided walk through hanging bridges
- A relaxing beach at the end stay rounds up the experience offering a chance to recharge batteries
Costa Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife, it's an...
Costa Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife - it's an...
Costa Rica Tropical Adventure allows you to explore the country's many spectacular, natural sights with misty volcanoes,...
The best holiday experience awaits for you at Palma Real Hotel & Casino in Costa Rica. Located just 5 minutes away from...
Located just a short walk from the city's main avenue and downtown, Park Inn by Radisson is a perfect base for exploring...
Located in historic district of San Jose, Radisson San Jose enjoys a close proximity to the famous tourist attractions...