Four Seasons Resort Costa Rica to reopen in December
Costa Rica is one of the greenest destinations in the world, and its government works hard to ensure its landscapes and wildlife are well protected. The Four Seasons Resort Costa Rica on the Papagayo Peninsula in the northern province of Guanacaste is undergoing an extensive refurbishment programme which focuses on sustainable tourism development and land preservation.
Mother Nature has shown her true force over recent weeks, but many are using these natural disasters as a wake-up call to vow look after the planet and its inhabitants. While more countries are committing to plans to reduce carbon emissions, many businesses like hotels are committing to build more sustainable properties that embrace and protect their natural surroundings.
Costa Rica is considered one of the greenest countries in the world, and Four Seasons Resort Costa Rica has sustainability at the forefront of its renovation project. The luxury resort is currently undergoing a US$35 million refurbishment of its facilities and the surrounding landscapes and it is to open to guests on 4th December, 2017.
The Costa Rica government rules that the land surrounding the hotel must be kept at least 70 per cent undeveloped. The development of the property must meet strict environmental standards, and the main focus will be on land preservation and sustainable tourism development.
Located on a strip of back-to-back white sandy beaches on the Peninsula Papagayo in the northern Guanacaste province in Costa Rica, the luxury resort’s redevelopment sustainable focus runs throughout the property. Many guest rooms and suites will have canopy beds and private plunge pools inspired by the jungle and lagoons; there will be a new outdoor exhibition kitchen in the hotel’s signature restaurant; and there will be new indoor-outdoor gathering spaces for meetings and events.
Development on the Peninsula Papagayo will also include the 18-hole Arnold Palmer Signature Golf Course, and an upgraded marina which will accommodate superyachts. There will also be luxury homes where guests will have amenity privileges at the Four Seasons Resort Costa Rica. There will also be a network of nature trails where visitors can explore the local flora, fauna and wildlife, plus a new macaw sanctuary which will focus on preservation and education.
Four Seasons Resort Costa Rica is located 29 miles from the Daniel Oduber Quiros International Airport in Liberia. Catering for families, couples, friends and solo travellers, the upscale resort has facilities including tennis courts, four swimming pools, a lavish spa with 18 treatment rooms, and four gourmet restaurants with local produce.
Costa Rica translates to “rich coast in Spanish” and the country’s motto is “Pura Vida”, meaning pure life. The country is home to some of the world’s most beautiful natural landscapes, and five per cent of the world’s biodiversity. Holidaymakers can explore the thriving rainforests and jungles to get close to an array of colourful species of birds, reptiles, insects and mammals. There are also plenty of fun activities to enjoy, such as snorkelling, surfing, scuba diving, kayaking, zip lining, hiking, and guided tours of the canopied rainforests.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Costa Rica Browse all
Go for the thrills and spills of a naturally rich Central American nation, packed with unforgettable adventures and unique encounters.
- Learn more about Costa Rica with the unique experience of the guided hiking tour, Arenal Volcano National Park Nature Walk, Doka Coffee Tour and much more to explore
- Elegant and comfortable accommodations with quality services that will make your trip an unforgettable experience
- Includes a guided hiking tour through the rainforest with a lot of insight about flora, fauna and the volcano's history
You are sure to marvel at nature's treasures in Costa Rica, a paradise of lush forests, crystal coves, fine-sand beaches and exotic wildlife
- Marvel at Costa Rica's array of stunning settings, including forests, volcanic cliffs, beaches.
- Try snorkelling, kayaking, tennis, bocce ball, chess, access to a scuba clinic & more
- Relish unlimited Costa Rican and world cuisines in 4 and restaurants and 4 bars
Surrounding the resort is an up-and-coming surf community, which offers guests with a variety of exciting tours and excursions
- Explorer's Club for kids and Core Zone for teens, while adults can relax by the poolside, enjoy a romantic dinner by the beach or unwind at Dreams Spa by Pevonia
- Perfect location to enjoy nature at its finest, a country renowned for its beaches, volcanoes, and biodiversity
- Spoil yourself with Unlimited-Luxury; gourmet dining options, limitless top-shelf spirits, 24-hour room service and much more all included
The perfect combination of Costa Rican culture and nature with added time for beach relaxation
- Enjoy a tour with perfect balance of adventure, culture and relaxation sure to make for a holiday to remember
- Thrills include river-rafting and a guided walk through hanging bridges
- A relaxing beach at the end stay rounds up the experience offering a chance to recharge batteries
Explore the tropical paradise that is Costa Rica with it's misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with...
Costa Rica Tropical Adventure allows you to explore the country's many spectacular, natural sights with misty volcanoes,...
The Hidden Jewels of Costa Rica Tour lets you explore the tropical paradise of Costa Rica and all of it's most...
The best holiday experience awaits for you at Palma Real Hotel & Casino in Costa Rica. Located just 5 minutes away from...
Country Inns & Suites in San Jose is located in the middle of everything, close to the shopping and attractions of the...
Located just a short walk from the city's main avenue and downtown, Park Inn by Radisson is a perfect base for exploring...