Four Seasons Resort Costa Rica to reopen in December
Costa Rica is one of the greenest destinations in the world, and its government works hard to ensure its landscapes and wildlife are well protected. The Four Seasons Resort Costa Rica on the Papagayo Peninsula in the northern province of Guanacaste is undergoing an extensive refurbishment programme which focuses on sustainable tourism development and land preservation.
Mother Nature has shown her true force over recent weeks, but many are using these natural disasters as a wake-up call to vow look after the planet and its inhabitants. While more countries are committing to plans to reduce carbon emissions, many businesses like hotels are committing to build more sustainable properties that embrace and protect their natural surroundings.
Costa Rica is considered one of the greenest countries in the world, and Four Seasons Resort Costa Rica has sustainability at the forefront of its renovation project. The luxury resort is currently undergoing a US$35 million refurbishment of its facilities and the surrounding landscapes and it is to open to guests on 4th December, 2017.
The Costa Rica government rules that the land surrounding the hotel must be kept at least 70 per cent undeveloped. The development of the property must meet strict environmental standards, and the main focus will be on land preservation and sustainable tourism development.
Located on a strip of back-to-back white sandy beaches on the Peninsula Papagayo in the northern Guanacaste province in Costa Rica, the luxury resort’s redevelopment sustainable focus runs throughout the property. Many guest rooms and suites will have canopy beds and private plunge pools inspired by the jungle and lagoons; there will be a new outdoor exhibition kitchen in the hotel’s signature restaurant; and there will be new indoor-outdoor gathering spaces for meetings and events.
Development on the Peninsula Papagayo will also include the 18-hole Arnold Palmer Signature Golf Course, and an upgraded marina which will accommodate superyachts. There will also be luxury homes where guests will have amenity privileges at the Four Seasons Resort Costa Rica. There will also be a network of nature trails where visitors can explore the local flora, fauna and wildlife, plus a new macaw sanctuary which will focus on preservation and education.
Four Seasons Resort Costa Rica is located 29 miles from the Daniel Oduber Quiros International Airport in Liberia. Catering for families, couples, friends and solo travellers, the upscale resort has facilities including tennis courts, four swimming pools, a lavish spa with 18 treatment rooms, and four gourmet restaurants with local produce.
Costa Rica translates to “rich coast in Spanish” and the country’s motto is “Pura Vida”, meaning pure life. The country is home to some of the world’s most beautiful natural landscapes, and five per cent of the world’s biodiversity. Holidaymakers can explore the thriving rainforests and jungles to get close to an array of colourful species of birds, reptiles, insects and mammals. There are also plenty of fun activities to enjoy, such as snorkelling, surfing, scuba diving, kayaking, zip lining, hiking, and guided tours of the canopied rainforests.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Costa Rica Browse all
Explore the peaceful oasis that is Costa Rica and enjoy various activities that make for an unforgettable holiday
- A journey of discovery to an eco -tourist dream destination
- This unique experience of canopy walkways allows you to experience the virgin cloud forest treetops. Through a bridge system you can marvel at the world's most amazing and beautiful flora and fauna
- San Jose, Arenal, and the conservation project in Monteverde
Located on the stunning Papagayo Peninsula in Guanacaste
- After booking a minimum of a 3 night stay in a Preferred Club room, guests will receive a welcome bottle of sparkling wine & fresh fruit, one mimosa breakfast in bed to be booked upon arrival and romantic turndown service one night during stay
- Enjoy activities galore including water aerobics, walks, themed nights, movies, cooking, volleyball, pilates and more.
- Choose between 3 romantic wedding packages, all including wedding cake, sparkling wine toast, honeymoon package, and free anniversary nights.
- Enjoy all-inclusive at an array of a la carte restaurants, or enjoy 24 hour room service.
The perfect combination of culture, history and nature with some added downtime at the end to enjoy one of the world's best beaches
- Relax at the hot springs and mud baths, and try your hand at zip lining, horseback riding or river tubing.
- Visit the country's famous shoreline, cloud rainforests, volcano and the charming capital of San Jose
- Tour includes: San Jose City Tour, Sky Walk on Hanging Bridges, Buena Vista hot springs and mud baths, nature walk to La Pava and Salitral Waterfalls, horseback riding and more
An eco-tourist's dream - embark on an amazing journey of discovery with the perfect combination of comfort and adventure in tropical Costa Rica.
- Explore the amazing country of Costa Rica and discover all it's gems on this in depth tour with a fabulous beach stay
- During this tour you will experience various unique inclusions including a fantastic stay in tented accommodation under the stars in Arenal
- Enjoy various activities and exploration on this holiday including river rafting and much more with various optional tours to add
Costa Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife, it's an...
Costa Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife - it's an...
Costa Rica Tropical Adventure allows you to explore the country's many spectacular, natural sights with misty volcanoes,...
The best holiday experience awaits for you at Palma Real Hotel & Casino in Costa Rica. Located just 5 minutes away from...
Country Inns & Suites in San Jose is located in the middle of everything, close to the shopping and attractions of the...
Located just a short walk from the city's main avenue and downtown, Park Inn by Radisson is a perfect base for exploring...