JW Marriott Phu Quoc Emerald Bay Resort in Vietnam to host World Travel Awards and World Spa Awards
The World Travel Awards has announced that the World Spa Awards and the Grand Final Gala Ceremony of the World Travel Awards 2017 will both take place on the same night this December. The ceremonies will be hosted by the JW Marriott Phu Quoc Emerald Bay Resort and Spa in Vietnam, and will be attended by hundreds of leaders and officials from the travel and tourism industry.
The World Travel Awards has revealed that this year’s Grand Final Ceremony will take place at the same time and venue as the World Travel Spa Awards. The events will take place at the JW Marriott Phu Quoc Emerald Bay Resort & Spa in Vietnam.
The luxury hotel in Vietnam will host the events on 10th December, 2017, which will showcase the world’s best travel and tourism companies, and the global spa and wellness industry. The ceremonies will be attended by hundreds of tourism and hospitality leaders and officials, and the finalists from this year’s regional World Travel Awards ceremonies.
Ty Collins, the General Manager at JW Marriott Phu Quoc Emerald Bay Resort & Spa, stated:
“We are extremely proud and honoured to host both the 24th annual World Travel Awards Grand Final and the third annual World Spa Awards at the incredible JW Marriott Phu Quoc Emerald Bay Resort & Spa.”
“A lush resort that is a destination unto itself, JW Marriott Phu Quoc Emerald Bay embodies the academic narrative across its enriching experiences of true luxury.”
The decision to combine the two awards ceremonies was made to give the attendees and nominees more exposure on the night, whilst also increasing the networking opportunities for delegates. Throughout the year, regional awards ceremonies have been taking place across the world to celebrate the best in the travel and hospitality industry, and these winners will attend the Grand Final Ceremony.
JW Marriott Phu Quoc Emerald Bay Resort & Spa is located on the idyllic island of Phu Quoc off the east coast of Vietnam. The resort has 244 individually decorated guest rooms, suites, and villas, and the property was designed by architect Bill Bensley.
Facilities at the luxury resort include gourmet restaurants that serve a range of Vietnamese, French and Japanese cuisine. The beachfront Red Rum is a seafood grill, French & Co serves pastries, and the Pink Pearl offers delicious Cantonese culinary delights in a chic beachfront mansion. Leisure facilities include several outdoor swimming pools, a modern fitness centre, the pristine Bai Khem beach, a kids’ club, the huge Grand Ballroom, and the Chanterelle - Spa by JW, with its unique mushroom-themed design which was inspired by the Alice in Wonderland story.
The World Travel Awards were established in 1993 and are hailed as the “Oscars of the travel industry”. The awards recognise the world’s best hotels, airlines, tourism organisations, tour operators and destinations. The World Spa Awards was launched by the World Travel Awards in 2015, and it celebrates the leaders in the world’s wellness and spa industry.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Vietnam Browse all
Feel at one with the surroundings at the beautiful Mango Bay Resort
- Mango Bay has been supporting wildlife at risk (WAR) since 2006, and has even discovered many new species on Phu Quoc Island
- Revitalise your mind, body and spirit with Yoga and Tai Chi on the beach
- Snorkel and scuba dive around the nearby islands with Flipper Diving Club and discover the truly stunning and beautiful world underwater
Treat you and your family to stay in vibrant city of Nha Trang where you will find that there is something for everyone
- You will find something to everyone's tastes at the hotel restaurant 'The Square', with its extensive global buffet
- The hotel includes both an outdoor pool bar and beach bar so you never have to go far to find that tropical cocktail
- All the rooms at the Novotel Nha trang have their own private balconies and idyllic sea views
Experience all the natural beauty and cultural variety of Vietnam on a deluxe tour
- Five-star hotels throughout
- Overnight Halong Bay cruise on a traditionally designed junk boat with meals included
- Time to relax on the stunning beaches of central Vietnam
Explore the most iconic sites of Indochina during the unforgettable Highlights of Indochina, Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos - Deluxe Tour
You will visit historical sites of Vietnam, discover the heritage of Laos, and explore the beautiful Angkor Complex in Cambodia.
- Tour around Ben Tre River in Vietnam and enjoy a variety of activities, including a visit to any of coconut processing workshops and riding a motocart through rice fields and vegetable plains.
- Watch the sun rise over the blue waters of tranquil Halong Bay, and then cruise through emerald waters of the Gulf of Tonkin.
- Participate in Baci Ceremony, an integral part of the Laos culture, and explore the Luang Prabang Night Market with its handmade textiles and local street food
Exotic and compelling, Vietnam is one of the most remarkable travel destinations in the world. The Essential Vietnam...
Wander from exciting cities to astonishing scenic beauty via peaceful beaches and the best preserved old towns in...
See all the most iconic sights of Indochina on this trip of a lifetime through Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam. Explore the...