Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya hosts glitzy World Travel Awards Latin America Ceremony 2017
The World Travel Awards hosted its Latin America Ceremony 2017 this weekend at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya in Mexico. The glitzy awards ceremony celebrated the best of the best in the region’s travel industry, and it was attended by hospitality leaders and government officials, and was compered by Mexican host Max Villegas from E! Entertainment Television and Estilo DF.
The World Travel Awards Latin America Ceremony 2017 took place in Mexico this weekend. The event was hosted by the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya, and it recognised some of the region’s leading players in the hospitality and travel industry.
The glitzy event was attended by leaders in the region’s travel and tourism industry and government officials. Compering the ceremony at the luxury hotel in the Riviera Maya, Mexico was Max Villegas, a popular Mexican host from E! Entertainment Television and Estilo DF.
Among the winners, was Riviera Maya, which was awarded the title of Mexico and Central America’s Leading Beach Destination. Cancun also scooped an award after being recognised as Mexico and Central America’s Leading Meetings & Conference Destination.
Sion Rapson, the Vice President of the World Travel Awards, speaking at the event on 9th September, 2017, stated:
“What a fantastic evening it’s been here at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya.”
“It has been an honour to recognise some of the leading hospitality providers from Latin America tonight and I offer my heartfelt congratulations to each and every one of them."
“It is your hard work, dedication, initiative and investment that makes the tourism sector the success it is today. I look forward to seeing many of tonight’s winners later this year at the Grand Final in Vietnam, where they will compete for the global titles.”
Mashpi Lodge in Ecuador was named as South America’s Leading Green Hotel, while Hotel del Parque in Guayaquil Ecuador was recognised as South America’s Leading New Hotel. In Mexico, Paradisus Playa del Carmen received the award for Mexico and Central America’s Leading Green Hotel, and the recently opened UNICO 20˚87˚ Hotel Riviera Maya was given the title of Mexico & Central America’s Leading New Hotel.
The ceremony is one of many regional World Travel Awards events taking place across the world, ahead of the Grand Final in Vietnam later this year. The World Travel Awards was founded in 1993 to recognise and reward leading companies and organisations in various sectors across the tourism industry. The awards are now hailed as the “Oscars of the travel industry”, and the ceremonies are the industry’s most prestigious annual events that celebrate its individual successes in destinations worldwide.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
At Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun, you will experience unlimited all inclusive luxury 24 Hours a day - it's the holiday of a lifetime
- Unlimited-Luxury with gourmet dining and premium beverages in a choice of six reservation-free restaurants and five stylish bars
- Enjoy endless activities - from kayaking to snorkelling, windsurfing and much more
- Pamper yourself with innovative treatments at the Now Spa by Pevonia
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
The ideal romantic setting for honeymooners and lovers to enjoy an adults only haven
- The Adults only resort promises great parties and is just 20 minutes from the nightlife of Cancun
- Unwind at the lavish Secrets Spa by Pevonia® complete with 17 massage rooms and a hypnotherapy circuit
- Unlimited-Luxury® concept offering exceptional all-inclusive privileges
A secluded location at a beautiful all inclusive resort designed for adults only is perfect for a taste of romance enhanced by Mayan wonder
- Enjoy 24 hour room service, pool and beach waiter service, six swimming pools, water sports and more
- Experience fine dining and gourmet cuisine with a choice of nine restaurants
- Relax in style at this all-suite luxury resort situated on a white sand beach
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
The Riviera Maya has long been one of the touristic gems of the Americas. The Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun is set just...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...
No matter if you're returning or if this is your first time to Cancun, days full of entertainment and fine dining at the...
Take advantage of the amazing perks available at the all-inclusive Grand Ocean Oasis Sens while on a long 15-day holiday...