Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya hosts glitzy World Travel Awards Latin America Ceremony 2017
The World Travel Awards hosted its Latin America Ceremony 2017 this weekend at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya in Mexico. The glitzy awards ceremony celebrated the best of the best in the region’s travel industry, and it was attended by hospitality leaders and government officials, and was compered by Mexican host Max Villegas from E! Entertainment Television and Estilo DF.
The World Travel Awards Latin America Ceremony 2017 took place in Mexico this weekend. The event was hosted by the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya, and it recognised some of the region’s leading players in the hospitality and travel industry.
The glitzy event was attended by leaders in the region’s travel and tourism industry and government officials. Compering the ceremony at the luxury hotel in the Riviera Maya, Mexico was Max Villegas, a popular Mexican host from E! Entertainment Television and Estilo DF.
Among the winners, was Riviera Maya, which was awarded the title of Mexico and Central America’s Leading Beach Destination. Cancun also scooped an award after being recognised as Mexico and Central America’s Leading Meetings & Conference Destination.
Sion Rapson, the Vice President of the World Travel Awards, speaking at the event on 9th September, 2017, stated:
“What a fantastic evening it’s been here at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya.”
“It has been an honour to recognise some of the leading hospitality providers from Latin America tonight and I offer my heartfelt congratulations to each and every one of them."
“It is your hard work, dedication, initiative and investment that makes the tourism sector the success it is today. I look forward to seeing many of tonight’s winners later this year at the Grand Final in Vietnam, where they will compete for the global titles.”
Mashpi Lodge in Ecuador was named as South America’s Leading Green Hotel, while Hotel del Parque in Guayaquil Ecuador was recognised as South America’s Leading New Hotel. In Mexico, Paradisus Playa del Carmen received the award for Mexico and Central America’s Leading Green Hotel, and the recently opened UNICO 20˚87˚ Hotel Riviera Maya was given the title of Mexico & Central America’s Leading New Hotel.
The ceremony is one of many regional World Travel Awards events taking place across the world, ahead of the Grand Final in Vietnam later this year. The World Travel Awards was founded in 1993 to recognise and reward leading companies and organisations in various sectors across the tourism industry. The awards are now hailed as the “Oscars of the travel industry”, and the ceremonies are the industry’s most prestigious annual events that celebrate its individual successes in destinations worldwide.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget, why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park (extra charges apply)
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 7 glorious Swimming Pools including 1 at Royal Level, 1 salt water pool only for adults and 1 children's pool
Unwind and relax on a pristine beach knowing your kids are enjoying endless endless activities, designed especially for them at the Treasure Island Water Park
- Enjoy a film at the onsite private cinema
- Dine at a wide range of 10 restaurants & 11 bars
- Make a splash at Treasure Island Water Park
The ideal romantic setting for honeymooners and lovers to enjoy an adults only haven
- The Adults only resort promises great parties and is just 20 minutes from the nightlife of Cancun
- Unwind at the lavish Secrets Spa by Pevonia® complete with 17 massage rooms and a hypnotherapy circuit
- Unlimited-Luxury® concept offering exceptional all-inclusive privileges
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Unlimited-Luxury® privileges include gourmet dining at 6 restaurants, a poolside grill, a cafe and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 6 bars and lounges
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at the nearby Playa Mujeres Golf Club
- Stay in an adults only ultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
- Signature element of wine with a winery including over 3000 varieties of wine.
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Get away from it all with a once in a lifetime excursion to Cancun, one of Mexico's most celebrated resort towns. This...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...
Situated in the heart of the famous Riviera Maya, the Oasis Tulum Lite is a high-end resort designed with your...
Discover a world of entertainment and join in on the best, non-stop family fun at the all-inclusive Sea Adventure Resort...