Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort, St. Lucia appointed a new general manager
A new General Manager has been appointed at the Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort in St Lucia. Mark Sterner has taken over the role at the luxury beachfront resort, and he brings nearly 25 years of experience in the hospitality industry after working in upscale hotels including the Viceroy Yas, Abu Dhabi, the Viceroy Maldives and the Burj Al Arab in Dubai.
German national Mr Sterner brings almost 25 years of experience in the hospitality industry to the role in St Lucia, and he spent the last five years working for the Viceroy Hotel Group. After growing up in Africa with hotelier parents, Sterner then attended a hotel school in Hanover in Germany.
“I am excited about this new challenge and welcome the opportunity to extend my experience with Viceroy Hotel Group in the Caribbean and to work with hotel owner, Roger Myers at this truly world class resort.”
Said Mr Sterner, who is accompanied by his partner Kelly McCune.
Mr Sterner has a wealth of expertise and experience in the travel and tourism industry. He has worked for luxurious hotels all over the globe including the Langham in London, K-Club in Barbuda, the Burj Al Arab in Dubai, Gleneagles in Scotland, Sandy Lane in Barbados, Little Dix Bay in the British Virgin Islands and The Carlyle in New York. He has more recently enjoyed roles such as the General Manager and Hotel Manager of Viceroy Yas, Abu Dhabi, and the General Manager of Viceroy Maldives.
Mr Sterner, added:
“St Lucia is a beautiful and lush island. The volcanic topography gives it a dimension that you just don’t get on other Caribbean islands. But it’s the St Lucians, and the St Lucian hospitality that make this island so special.”
“There’s a warmth here and genuine smiles from all the people I’ve met and this, along with the resort’s stunning location between the Pitons, will be the over-riding and defining factor in the continued success of Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort. I adore nature in all its glory and the best place to be is Sugar Beach.”
The Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort is located on the west coast of St Lucia and is an idyllic place for Caribbean escapes. The property’s 18th Century colonial style architecture, tropical setting, and upscale accommodation and facilities provide a memorable experience for guests. The resort’s upscale facilities include the upscale Rainforest Spa, a full PADI dive facility, stylish bars and lounges, and several oceanfront dining venues with a selection of gourmet international cuisine.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Experience a fabulous family comfort at Bay Gardens Inn
- Thursday Night is Cocktail time, with the Manager's cocktail pary with complimentary rum punch. The hotel offers more weekly entertainment for you to enjoy
- All Guests gain complimentary access to Bay Gardens Beach Resort's Splash Island Water Park and Water sports!
- Enjoy a taste of the Caribbean at Creole Pot restaurant, with island favourites prepared each morning
Bask upon the glorious white sands of Reduit Beach at Papillon by Rex Resorts
- Range of fabulous dining options available, from buffets to sit-downs, Italian to Caribbean cuisines - something for every guests' taste-buds
- New Sale with incredible savings of upto 30% in all room types
- Indulge in the relaxing services of the Royal Spa, featuring a range of ELEMIS products, perfect for relaxing and unwinding
- Kids friendly resort, with babysitting services and a Rexplorers kids club (4-12yrs) providing engaging and fun entertainment
Be seduced by golden sunsets, fine dining and the crystalline waters of the Caribbean Sea at the recently renovated St James Club, Morgan's Bay.
- Exclusive Half Term special offer, limited availability so book now!
- Kids can enjoy a playground as well as a kids' club open daily for 2 to 11 year olds
- Non-motorised water sports including hobie cat sailing, snorkelling and kayaks
Leave life's stresses behind and unwind in St Lucia and take advantage of a hotel designed for romance
It doesn't get any better than this perfect escape, designed for couples looking for an intimate and romantic experience
- Book one of the Honeymoon and Wedding Packages to receive extras that range from a romantic sunset cruise, room upgrades to a private candle lit dinner on the beach
- Water Sports and Scuba Boat Dives with Personalized Instruction
- Unique Couples only resort designed for Honeymoons and Weddings
- All beverages included, such as Premium Brand Alcohol and Wine by the bottle at dinner
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with a luxury escape to the west coast of the magical St Lucia....
Experience the romantic getaway you and your loved one have always fantasised about with eight days on the picturesque...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
The all-new Harbor Club offers guests a Caribbean resort experience unlike any other where you can unwind and experience...