Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort, St. Lucia appointed a new general manager
A new General Manager has been appointed at the Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort in St Lucia. Mark Sterner has taken over the role at the luxury beachfront resort, and he brings nearly 25 years of experience in the hospitality industry after working in upscale hotels including the Viceroy Yas, Abu Dhabi, the Viceroy Maldives and the Burj Al Arab in Dubai.
German national Mr Sterner brings almost 25 years of experience in the hospitality industry to the role in St Lucia, and he spent the last five years working for the Viceroy Hotel Group. After growing up in Africa with hotelier parents, Sterner then attended a hotel school in Hanover in Germany.
“I am excited about this new challenge and welcome the opportunity to extend my experience with Viceroy Hotel Group in the Caribbean and to work with hotel owner, Roger Myers at this truly world class resort.”
Said Mr Sterner, who is accompanied by his partner Kelly McCune.
Mr Sterner has a wealth of expertise and experience in the travel and tourism industry. He has worked for luxurious hotels all over the globe including the Langham in London, K-Club in Barbuda, the Burj Al Arab in Dubai, Gleneagles in Scotland, Sandy Lane in Barbados, Little Dix Bay in the British Virgin Islands and The Carlyle in New York. He has more recently enjoyed roles such as the General Manager and Hotel Manager of Viceroy Yas, Abu Dhabi, and the General Manager of Viceroy Maldives.
Mr Sterner, added:
“St Lucia is a beautiful and lush island. The volcanic topography gives it a dimension that you just don’t get on other Caribbean islands. But it’s the St Lucians, and the St Lucian hospitality that make this island so special.”
“There’s a warmth here and genuine smiles from all the people I’ve met and this, along with the resort’s stunning location between the Pitons, will be the over-riding and defining factor in the continued success of Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort. I adore nature in all its glory and the best place to be is Sugar Beach.”
The Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort is located on the west coast of St Lucia and is an idyllic place for Caribbean escapes. The property’s 18th Century colonial style architecture, tropical setting, and upscale accommodation and facilities provide a memorable experience for guests. The resort’s upscale facilities include the upscale Rainforest Spa, a full PADI dive facility, stylish bars and lounges, and several oceanfront dining venues with a selection of gourmet international cuisine.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Check into a pretty boutique hotel and experience St Lucia's best beaches, restaurants and nightlife - you can even try your luck at Treasure Bay Casino!
- Exclusive! Book and save £500 per person!
- Perfectly placed at the heart of lively Rodney Bay Village
- Go for a de-stressing or beautifying treatment at the hotel's spa
- Enjoy a spicy island vibe at the hotel's Koko Cabana Bistro & Bar, offering regular live entertainment, barbecues & much more
Be seduced by golden sunsets, fine dining and the crystal-clear water of the Caribbean Sea at St James Club, Morgan's Bay.
- Take advantage of savings up to 30% for travel in 2017 and 2018
- A selection of complimentary activities available, Non-motorised water sports including: windsurfing, hobbie cat sailing, snorkelling and kayaks
- 4 restaurants and 4 bars to suit every taste included in your all inclusive plan
- 1 Child stays and eats free in a Premium Double or 2 Children stay free in a Family Suite
Discover Castries' lively atmosphere, then head to your intimate luxury hideaway Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia
- Luxury Included® - All Included, All Unlimited, All the Time with the choice of upto 27 five Star Global Gourmet™ restaurants and 7 bars
- Enjoy HALF PRICE luxury accommodation with 'The Sandals Upto 60% off SALE’
- Discover a perfect place for relaxation and rejuvenation at Red Lane Spa®
- Dine beneath the stars at the Bayside Restaurant or enjoy complimentary golfing at the nearby Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort & Spa
Life in Rodney Bay offers stunning sunsets, an exquisite beach and bars, clubs and restaurants - Blu St Lucia is perfectly placed to enjoy all
- Only a few minutes away from the famous Rodney bay village where you can enjoy the night life of St Lucia
- Guests can choose from rooms with a private verandah or direct access to the pool. Suites have private sun decks and junior suites can connect with adjacent suites to offer family accommodation.
- Families can enjoy wonderful on-site facilities including a swimming pool, fitness centre, tennis and a Harlequin Kiddies' club. All day dining and drinks are served in the restaurant and there's an ice cream shop and a boutique.
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Experience the romantic getaway you and your loved one have always fantasised about with eight days on the picturesque...
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Turn your dream of a Caribbean Villa holiday into a reality and discover one of the most exotic islands in the world...