Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort, St. Lucia appointed a new general manager
A new General Manager has been appointed at the Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort in St Lucia. Mark Sterner has taken over the role at the luxury beachfront resort, and he brings nearly 25 years of experience in the hospitality industry after working in upscale hotels including the Viceroy Yas, Abu Dhabi, the Viceroy Maldives and the Burj Al Arab in Dubai.
German national Mr Sterner brings almost 25 years of experience in the hospitality industry to the role in St Lucia, and he spent the last five years working for the Viceroy Hotel Group. After growing up in Africa with hotelier parents, Sterner then attended a hotel school in Hanover in Germany.
“I am excited about this new challenge and welcome the opportunity to extend my experience with Viceroy Hotel Group in the Caribbean and to work with hotel owner, Roger Myers at this truly world class resort.”
Said Mr Sterner, who is accompanied by his partner Kelly McCune.
Mr Sterner has a wealth of expertise and experience in the travel and tourism industry. He has worked for luxurious hotels all over the globe including the Langham in London, K-Club in Barbuda, the Burj Al Arab in Dubai, Gleneagles in Scotland, Sandy Lane in Barbados, Little Dix Bay in the British Virgin Islands and The Carlyle in New York. He has more recently enjoyed roles such as the General Manager and Hotel Manager of Viceroy Yas, Abu Dhabi, and the General Manager of Viceroy Maldives.
Mr Sterner, added:
“St Lucia is a beautiful and lush island. The volcanic topography gives it a dimension that you just don’t get on other Caribbean islands. But it’s the St Lucians, and the St Lucian hospitality that make this island so special.”
“There’s a warmth here and genuine smiles from all the people I’ve met and this, along with the resort’s stunning location between the Pitons, will be the over-riding and defining factor in the continued success of Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort. I adore nature in all its glory and the best place to be is Sugar Beach.”
The Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort is located on the west coast of St Lucia and is an idyllic place for Caribbean escapes. The property’s 18th Century colonial style architecture, tropical setting, and upscale accommodation and facilities provide a memorable experience for guests. The resort’s upscale facilities include the upscale Rainforest Spa, a full PADI dive facility, stylish bars and lounges, and several oceanfront dining venues with a selection of gourmet international cuisine.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Escape to a vibrant resort nestled in St Lucia's most striking landscape - beautiful Labrelotte Bay; it's captivating for families and couples
- Book All Inclusive to include breakfast, lunch and dinner, snacks & beverages, including alcohol (wine and sparkling wine by glass), access to both motorized & non motorized water sports and a tennis court
- Located in beautiful Labrelotte Bay on the island of Saint Lucia
- Enhancement sale: Massive Savings on Accomodation and Meal Upgrades of upto 56%
- 6 swimming pools including two children's swimming pools
Discover Ocean Views and St Lucian magic In Morgan Bay with a free room upgrade and upto half price accomodation
Be seduced by golden sunsets, fine dining and the crystal-clear water of the Caribbean Sea at St James Club, Morgan's Bay.
- Take advantage of savings up to 50% for travel in 2017 and 2018, Room upgrades or have Christmas on us!
- A selection of complimentary activities available, Non-motorised water sports including: windsurfing, hobbie cat sailing, snorkelling and kayaks
- 4 restaurants and 4 bars to suit every taste included in your all inclusive plan
- 1 Child stays and eats free in a Premium Double or 2 Children stay free in a Family Suite
Discover Castries' lively atmosphere, then head to your intimate luxury hideaway Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia
- Luxury Included® - All Included, All Unlimited, All the Time with the choice of upto 27 five Star Global Gourmet™ restaurants and 7 bars
- Enjoy HALF PRICE luxury accommodation with 'The Sandals Upto 60% off SALE’
- Discover a perfect place for relaxation and rejuvenation at Red Lane Spa®
- Dine beneath the stars at the Bayside Restaurant or enjoy complimentary golfing at the nearby Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort & Spa
The Hidden Gem Hideaway that offers the ultimate St Lucia experience at Marigot Bay Resort & Marina by Capella Hotel Group
- Book now and receive a FREE upgrade
- Boutique hotel hidden away in marigot bay
- Lush gardens and wonderful views of the marina
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Sandals Halcyon Beach, located on the immaculate, sun-kissed sands of Choc Bay, is the ideal getaway for those looking...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Turn your dream of a Caribbean holiday into a reality and discover one of the most exotic islands in the world. Come...