Casa Antilliana is the new hotel from Casas del XV in Santo Domingo
The Casas del XVI hotel in Santo Domingo in the Dominican Republic has expanded its portfolio with the opening of the new Casa Antilliana hotel. The property features a combination of old world and modern design, and it has 16 guest rooms with butler and concierge service. The hotel joins the Casas del XVI collection of restored 16th-century homes in the Colonial Zone, each featuring a different theme.
A new boutique hotel has been added to the Casas del XVI collection in Santo Domingo in the Dominican Republic. The charming new Casa Antilliana is located in the Colonial Zone and has 16 guest rooms and suites.
Designed with a fusion of Old World and modern decor and furnishings, the new hotel offers butler and concierge service. The property has two master suites and one double bedroom that faces a small interior garden and courtyard with a private plunge pool.
“In designing this house, I used a white background with splashes of green sprinkled throughout the decor to convey a tropical, colonial Antillean theme, which is inspired by the Caribbean islands surrounded by the Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico.”
“The original colonial masonry especially the white portico framing the door at the entrance, as well as an antique well nestled in the wall have been preserved to transport guests to a long-lost era.”
Explained Patricia Reid, the interior designer for Casas del XVI.
Casa Antilliana is part of the Casas del XVI hotel collection which has a series of 16th-century homes in the city’s Colonial Zone that have been restored and offer their own unique theme. Each house has individual design and a unique floor plan, as well as a private mayordomo (butler), who is on hand to help guests plan activities or excursions in Santo Domingo. There is also a full-size swimming pool to enjoy, and guests are assigned individual guest iPhones.
On the Casas del XVI, it says:
“Each home has been meticulously restored, preserving the charm and grace of the old, while adding the comfort and convenience of the modern and new. Original heirloom art and furnishings are complemented by an eclectic collection of works from contemporary local and international artists.”
Santo Domingo is the historic capital of the Dominican Republic. It was the first permanent European settlement in the New World, and over the centuries it became a hub of cultural, economic and political activity. The city has since become a thriving tourist destination, and the Colonial Zone (Old Town) is steeped in history and has been listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Historic attractions include the Alcazar de Colon, the Columbus family palace, the Santa Maria la Menor cathedral, Plaza de Espana, Columbus's Lighthouse, where the famous explorer, Christopher Columbus’ remains are buried, and the open caves of the Parque Nacional Los Tres Ojos.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dominican Republic Browse all
Enjoy Unlimited-Luxury and make the most of the stunning secluded setting at Bavaro beach
- Younger guests get to have limitless fun at the Explorer's Kids Club and the Core Zone Teens' Club.
- Enjoy a host of activities, including tennis, basketball, volleyball, bowling, golf, Horse riding, fishing, aerobics, dance classes, water sports.
- Premium All Inclusive property with a selection of food and beverages on offer
From the allure of the beach to the excellence of premium all-inclusive service, this is the place to make your every holiday dream an unforgettable reality
- Family friendly services including an Explorer's Club for kids and a Core Zone for teens
- De-stress at the world-class spa and select from an indulging array of treatments
- Enjoy an array of activities including watersports, golf, horse riding, organised ball games, aerobic, dance and Spanish classes and more.
A couples' dream, located between a lush green tropical jungle and a beautiful sandy beach ensures total relaxation
- The Sip, Savor & See Dining Experience includes complimentary dinner, drinks and entertainment at a restaurant or bar at a participating resort of their choice
- Guestrooms and Suites provide a wealth of amenities including a daily refreshed mini bar, 24 hour room and concierge services, a large TV and much more
- The resort has a great location next to a pristine golden sand beach and lush tropical jungle
You'll be instantly rewarded with up to $3,600 resort credit to use towards spa treatments, golf, premium drinks and much more
- Complimentary Tickts available to see Shakira! Call for more details
- Stay for 10 Nights or more and up to 2 kids up to the age of 12 stay free
- Suites feature a double Jacuzzi and fully stocked mini bar including spirits and premium brands
- Choice of 13 swimming pools and 35 spa suites to relax in
- Get up to US$3600 Limitless Resort Credits which can be used towards selected Tours, Golf, Spa, Beauty Salon services, Romantic dinners and much more
A holiday at the Dominican Republic's Punta Cana is highly recommended for several reasons. Find out for yourself why so...
Unwind and enjoy the beauty of the Caribbean Sea at the all-inclusive Now Larimar Punta Cana, located on the...
A holiday on the picturesque beaches of the Dominican Republic is what most everyone dreams about. Make your dreams come...
Enjoy the best of the Dominican Republic with a holiday at Bayahibe, a resort town choke full of attractions. Beside...
Beautifully located on the Dominican Republic´s lush southeast coast, Casa de Campo is a magnificent eco-friendly...
Spend eight unforgettable days in the easternmost tip of the Dominican Republic enjoying Punta Cana's pristine beaches...